Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2001 1:33:30 PM EDT
It was awsome.
I went to the range today and get all my things out of the car, go to my stall, and this dude shooting a Remington 700 comes over when he see's my AR and says "You need to leave, I dont like machine guns at my range" (it's a public range run by des moin county) I retorted, well you must not keep up on the news, I don't like you shoting an evil assaination weapon at my range" He just turned around and walked away. I was lauphing my head off

[rail]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The bad part is, he's on our side. (a shooter)
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have been less polite with him than you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with RIK on this one.
Idiots like that are sooooooooooooooooooo dangerous to AW owners, they need to be dealt with. The anti's use them as spokespeople...
"See? Mr. BillyBob is a gun owner. Look at his bolt action rifle! And he agrees with us that AR15's should be outlawed..."
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#5]
That is truly one of the un-educated masses. He would probably be a poster boy for the anti's campaign against AW's, and then whine like a gutted pig when they go after his precious bolt action.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Armed Scientist,

my hat's off to you for handling a 101% douchebag with aplomb.

When I went to buy my first pistol (thanks to Sarah Brady, bless her heart)in 1994, there was another douchebag looking at rifles.  Having seen me choosing between the Glock and the Browning, he told me "I don't have a use for pistols, because I don't ever plan on shooting someone else."  

Respecting my elders, I quietly responded "I am happy you feel that way."  End of story, he shut the hell up.  I got my Browning.  It's been a sweet pistol.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#7]
If there is one lesson we can learn from the British (Other than the value of dental hygenie) is is to N_O_T be polite with people who endanger your guns.
After Dunblaine, the British shooters kept thier mouths shut, with great "aplomb" and had thier rights sacked.

Nope.

Not me.

If you are wrong, you are going to hear about it, quite loudly.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I would have asked if he would be so kind as to hold your tagets for you.... about 50 yards or so down range.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I would have just told him to mind his own business and if he had a problem with it I would brandish my AR in the air. [^]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#10]
One day I was shooting my bull barreled AR at my gun club and an older gentleman came over to look at my rifle. Nice rifle he said and then proceeded to pull out 2 ARs of his own. That is why I love to shoot there!
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would have asked if he would be so kind as to hold your tagets for you.... about 50 yards or so down range.
View Quote

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA !!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#13]
watadik
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top