Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 9:29:26 AM EDT
So I am talking to a Vietnamese woman about New Orleans.  Russian guy comes over to look at the news pics too.  Vietnamese woman says “all our insurance rates are going to go up”.  Russian guy says in thick Russian accent, “should be no insurance, government should regulate and spread the countries wealth among everyone evenly and take care of situations like this”.  I burst out laughing and say that’s Communism!

I look up at him and he is grinning ear to ear, and said “YEAH! Its great man!”. I shot him a look like I did not know weather to laugh or kill him. Then he smiles and chuckles. He was totally joking.  The Vietnamese woman then says(without seeing his face and that it was a joke) “you would not say that if you lived in Vietnam or China.  Then he and I give a WTF face and he says he grew up in Russia!  She goes, “oh yeah”.

Its funny some of the stuff that comes up when working with some many first or second generation nationalities.

PS Yeah, we talked further, the Russian is definitely anti-commie and was joking.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Where do you work?  If you work on that a little it could be a good joke.... an American, an Vietnamese and a Russian were talking around a water cooler..............

Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where do you work?  If you work on that a little it could be a good joke.... an American, an Vietnamese and a Russian were talking around a water cooler..............

Patty

Software company.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I should dig up the video we made for our devient bavior project in Psyc class.  Got some guys in our group who were communications majors and part of the drama dept. to dress up in soviet uniforms and walk around town talking in thick russian accents, passing themselves off as Russian nationals visiting the area as tourists.  Some funny stuff, if anyones interested I may throw the videos together and do a thread on it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I work with a Russian kid that came over when he was 11.

One time we were talking about those blister pack cards of antibiotics you get from your Doctor - those 7 day horse pill packs you get when you get bit by a dog, or you get an ingrown toenail - whatever.  Of course I'm bitching about how the antibiotics screw up my stomach, make my piss smell, are expensive, and so on.

He pipes in that he gets chronic sinus infections and has almost every year for as long as he can remember, and that the first time he went to go see a Dr. in the US for it, he was so happy that he got a script for antibiotics, he almost started to cry.

Turns out, in suburban Moscow, when he'd go see a Dr. for his sinus infection their preffered treatment was to shove a needle up his nose, penetrate the sinus cavity, and let it drain out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He pipes in that he gets chronic sinus infections and has almost every year for as long as he can remember, and that the first time he went to go see a Dr. in the US for it, he was so happy that he got a script for antibiotics, he almost started to cry.

Turns out, in suburban Moscow, when he'd go see a Dr. for his sinus infection their preffered treatment was to shove a needle up his nose, penetrate the sinus cavity, and let it drain out.

OH SON OF A BITCH!!!

I think I might cry now!

DAMN!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Fork in road ahead
In Mother Russia....road fork you!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I work with a Russian kid that came over when he was 11.

My Russian Language and Russian History teacher told us that when she was little she wouldn't sleep on her left side. She got told so many times that Lenin was in their hearts that she was afraid she's hurt him.

She told other stories. People chuckled at the first one. They stopped after they started realizing how fucked up it was.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Fork in road ahead

Ahem. Don't make "In Soviet Russia _____ ____ you!" jokes until you can do it right.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#9]
"In Soviet Union, joke are told three times.  

Once to your co-worker.  Once to special police investagator.  And once to your cell mate."
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Fork in road ahead

that one was on yesterday
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So I am talking to a Vietnamese woman about New Orleans.  Russian guy comes over to look at the news pics too.  Vietnamese woman says “all our insurance rates are going to go up”.  Russian guy says in thick Russian accent, “should be no insurance, government should regulate and spread the countries wealth among everyone evenly and take care of situations like this”.  I burst out laughing and say that’s Communism!

I look up at him and he is grinning ear to ear, and said “YEAH! Its great man!”. I shot him a look like I did not know weather to laugh or kill him. Then he smiles and chuckles. He was totally joking.  The Vietnamese woman then says(without seeing his face and that it was a joke) “you would not say that if you lived in Vietnam or China.  Then he and I give a WTF face and he says he grew up in Russia!  She goes, “oh yeah”.

Its funny some of the stuff that comes up when working with some many first or second generation nationalities.

PS Yeah, we talked further, the Russian is definitely anti-commie and was joking.

At least the Vietnamese lady didn't say "All your bases are belong to us"
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#12]
An American and a Soviet citizen were talking about the differences between their countries.  The American said "In America, we have freedom of speech.  I can criticize and insult the president all day to anyone and the government won't do anything."

"Then we have freedom of speech too." Said the Soviet. "I can criticize the president of the US to my heart's content, and my government won't touch me!"
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Patty

.... so then the kid says, "It's okay, man. The Pope just jumped out of the plane with my backpack!"

<rimshot>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top