Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 12:14:20 PM EDT
Watched some videos of a friend chasing armadillos through a field with Ar in hand emptying mags.  Ran outta ammo for the AR, swapped over to the Glock.  The one shooting was the one filming, sighted the glock by looking through the viewfinder, way cool footage.

Shot a .300 mag straight down into a pond and several small fish floated up.

400yd high wind shot on a uh...crow with a .308.  Incredible (lucky) shot.

Amateur war movies.  Same friend used to go out with 5-8 people dressed up in fatigues and helmets.  Once they got some explosives and did a cool creek scene.  One guy was in the creek sneaking around and the explosion went off 40yds from him.  He ran away firing while rounds where hitting behind him in the water.  Not too smart but made for a cool video.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Watched some videos of a friend chasing armadillos through a field with Ar in hand emptying mags.  Ran outta ammo for the AR, swapped over to the Glock.  The one shooting was the one filming, sighted the glock by looking through the viewfinder, way cool footage.

Shot a .300 mag straight down into a pond and several small fish floated up.

400yd high wind shot on a uh...crow with a .308.  Incredible (lucky) shot.

Amateur war movies.  Same friend used to go out with 5-8 people dressed up in fatigues and helmets.  Once they got some explosives and did a cool creek scene.  One guy was in the creek sneaking around and the explosion went off 40yds from him.  He ran away firing while rounds where hitting behind him in the water.  Not too smart but made for a cool video.
View Quote

And you wonder why some people want to ban guns?

Poster boys for gun control, screwing it up for the rest of us. They'll probably end up in an HCI video, if not on the 6 o'clock news, at some point.

(insert eye rolling icon here...)
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
95thFoot:

You beat me to it...
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
We can only pray that when you were a very young child, you sat really, really close to your parents new color TV, and are now unable to reproduce!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
When darwin comes calling, please make sure your friend doesn't have a gun with him. We don't need another statistic against us.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#5]
No more paint chips for this guy....

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ranger Out
View Quote

(Best Homer Simpson voice) "....MMMMM, lead tastes GOOD"
out
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Stupid that's it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ranger Out
View Quote

(Best Homer Simpson voice) "....MMMMM, lead tastes GOOD"
out
View Quote

"..mmmbeedeebeedeebeedee- Eat Lead, Suckers!"
-Twiki the Robot, Buck Rogers in the 25th Cent.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#11]
For the record, none of the things in the post were done by me.  I never said they were smart, I said they made some cool videos.  I would never fire a gun anywhere near a person unless I intended on killing that person in self defense, etc.  Now that the person doing these things has grown up, he admits they did some stupid stuff when they were younger.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Funniest thing I ever saw at a range was this cocky, arrogant recent immigrant from Poland...kid who kept going on and on about how Russian Spetznaz were the best special forces in the world, yada yada yada, and seemed to think he knew everything about guns.
He had an Astra A100 9mm and told this other guy who had a Colt Gold Cup that he could outshoot him at 100 meters, handgun to handgun.
Of course, the guy with the 9mm missed every single shot out of 16, while the guy with the old Gold Cup hit about 5 out of 7 shooting at a 2 liter bottle at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#13]
If you want to have some fun Cypher214, be careful about mentioning it here.  Some of these guys have no sense of humor.  Just try not to be like that nutty guy in the "Jackal" who gets railed with the 25mm cannon.

I have a video of myself opening up on an old fax machine with the AR15.  We were doing a recreation of the fax smashing scene from "Office Space".  We decided not to stop with the fisticuffs and ended up shooting and blowing it up with gasoline.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, there was the time CavVet was shooting an FAL "homeboy" style...
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#15]
A member of this board and friend of mine once thought it would be funny to blast a dead carp that was about 12 feet from me. Thinking it would splatter me in carp frags, he unleashed a volley of .223s. Before I could recover from the carp fragging, I realized he was choking and gagging. Apparently, while firing he was laughing maniacly and a big chunk of dead carp flew right in his mouth and he gagged and swallowed it. To this day he can't live it down. I wish it was on tape.(Sap, don't mouth off or I'll tell'emm about the 20 gauge or the AK finger!)
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I didn't witness the shooting, but I responded to the call. It went something like this. Two rent-a-cops confronted a guy trespassing in a subsidized housing project. They take him into the security office and call us and find out he has a warrant. While waiting for us to arrive he gets antsy and pulls out a .25 auto and they all start shooting and diving for cover in a 12' X 12' room. The first shot fired by the bad guy hits one of the security guards right in the center of the forehead but doesn't penetrate the bone. The are hiding behind the desk/chairs/filing cabinets blazing away and reloading, just holding the guns up and firing blindly. Finally the bad guy gives up as we arrive. It was really funny as hell to see all the bullet holes and empty casings and smell the air full of burnt powder. One guy literally shit himself.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Gunmonkey.... I don't you'll tell'em about AK finger. I think your affraid. I will wait to tell them if "the member of this board" and "your friend" has grown up or not!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#18]
In his defense, he was young when he did the "Carp Shoot." As for growing up, I doubt it. Okay, AK finger story... Member goes into pawn shop to look at gus. "oooh, lemme see AK!" "Hhmmmmm. I wonder if it has cleaning kit in buttstock?" Inserts finger in trap door. Too far. "AAAAAAHHHH! It's stuck!" Member tries to leave and go to hospital, Pawn shop guys disassemble buttplate and free embarrased member. Maybe he would like to tell about "Affixed Bayonets".
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Cypher214,

I wanna' see the videos.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We can only pray that when you were a very young child, you sat really, really close to your parents new color TV, and are now unable to reproduce!
View Quote

Ok, who was that I saw drinking beer at the pit with Don, Grin, and IAJack, probaly on some really good meds too!! [;)]
"Let those that have not sin, throw the first stone",

c-rock
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I dont know if this was a good idea showing my wife this site. And gunmonkey YOU MUST DIE NOW! Ohhh, and as for you do I dare share the "Hole in the Wall" from MR. .357 mag story ..Or should we leave it alone and put this back on  to Cypher214's shoulders?!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#22]
here's a funny, and safe story from this past saturday

shot a 2L pop bottle full of water with my AR, some water spray and it fell over, hit it a second time and it flew straight up at least 20 feet, funniest thing I've ever seen while shooting
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#23]
My wife and I had a little parakeet we named Jones.  He was a bit of a runt, and had some crazy habits.  Anyway, I had a little Crossman air/dart gun that I got at Walmart for $19 with target.  It is pretty fun for shooting inside at dartboards and stuff.  The little bolts are pretty harmless, but will break the skin.

I was practicing turning corners and taking shots.  I had set the target up behind Jones and figured I would never hit him.  Well, I cleared the corner, drew, and fired in about .3 seconds and Jones jumped a foot in the air at the shot, took the bolt in the abdomen, and fell straight to the floor.  He only had a small wound, and I cleaned it out with Listerine.  He was fine after that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#24]
One cold saturday in December,myself and a couple other guys witnessed a fellow taking aim at the primer end of a 50cal blank with a 9mm.The range he was attempting was approx. 10ft so we was'nt too worried about his success.On his third shot,to our surprise,he hit the base of the blank round and it falls to the ground about 3ft.from the point of impact.About 2seconds later,the blank starts hissing and takes off like a rocket and the shooter is rolling on the groung holding the side of his head.We never found the "rocket" but,the IDIOT that shot it has about a 1" wide gash down the side of his head.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok, who was that I saw drinking beer at the pit with Don, Grin, and IAJack, probaly on some really good meds too!! [;)]

c-rock
View Quote

A-men!

Don't you know that anti-mullethead and a few others have never done anything wrong?

Unless you count getting shitfaced and posting a bunch of libleous crap on the board!

heh heh.

D.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

c-rock
View Quote

A-men!

Don't you know that anti-mullethead and a few others have never done anything wrong?

Unless you count getting shitfaced and posting a bunch of libleous crap on the board!

heh heh.

D.
View Quote

Derek,

Tell us how you REALLY feel !!!
Right on bro,
'tis good to see ya on the board
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Okay so a gunmonkey and myself went out to the carson city range one afternoon with are new sks (this was long ago) we had both just unloaded a 30rd mag each we then looked at each other then to are left to see if any one els was still firing we then affixed bayonets and charged are targets on a life range at the time it was funny as shit now today (a lot of years latter) I dont find it as funny.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I heard from a friend about somebody they knew who shot himself on 2 seperate occassions. Both times he shot himself in the leg. One time the left the other time the right. I really wish I knew the events surrounding it, but from waht I heard he was an idiot who was trying to look cool.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Okay, I might as well add to this...

My 4th (and unfortunately not the last year) of college, I took a friend shooting during the summer semester. It was my first firearm, a Mitchell Arms AK-22. It was also John's first time firing a weapon and he had a blast. Towards the end of the summer session, I'm walking back to my apartment when John greets me outside the apartment, speaking rapidly and excitedly.

"No one was around and I got stir crazy, so I laid a bullet on the ground and swung at it with a golf club, and it went BANG" he explains.

I asked him if he was kidding and he says no, he's serious. We start walking towards the apartment when I ask him where this happened.

"Inside" he says.

"Inside?!?! On the carpet? What were you thinking?" At this point I'm expecting to find a burn mark on the carpet and a hole in the wall.

"I was going stir crazy and swung at a bullet with a golf club. It went bang, then I dropped the club and checked myself for holes" he says, showing me the remains of the cartridge. It was one of my CCI Stingers, ruptured in the middle. And sure enough, there was a crease right across the rim.

"Where did you have it pointed?" I asked.

"Over there, towards the kitchen," he points, right at the refrigerator.

Oh shit. I walked towards the fridge expecting to find a hole in the door but didn't. In fact, we didn't find the rest of the cartridge or the bullet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#31]
That is the stupidest thing I have heard anyone do.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That is the stupidest thing I have heard anyone do.
View Quote

Unfortunately, it's not the stupidest thing I've seen or heard of. We've probably heard of really truly stupid stuff on the Darwin Awards, but in terms of first hand experience, one childhood friend stands out:

Eric, who fancied himself a young Evel Knievel by jumping his bicycle and skateboard, hears about how mineral spirits will burn on your skin for a while without roasting your skin. Not willing to waste perfectly good booze (he was 15 y/o), Eric decided to try this with glow plug fuel.

We get setup, Eric has the glow plug fuel, I have the garden hose, and another kid has matches. It's a sunny day so when the match ignites the fuel, we can hardly see the flame. Eric turns his hand over once or twice before I doused the nearly invisible flames. Except for the lack of hair, his hand is fine. Cool! Eric wants to try it again. The other kid strikes a match and Eric starts flailing his hand around. But this time he's waving his hand around so much, I can't quite douse it with the garden hose. I finally extinguish the flames but not before he suffers some 1st degree burns in a couple of spots. Now he has to try and hide it from his mother. Oops.

P.S. That's just one Eric story........
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#33]
This thread reminded me of some dumbass a City Officer picked up a few weeks back, we met up with the officer at the county jail and saw this suspect... Seems that this DIQ (dumbass in question) was showing all his homeys his sweet new pistol and plinking at streetlights... When the 5-0 rolled around the corner he tried to shove the gun into his waistband to hide it and shot himself thru the left pinky finger and left outer thigh with his little .22lr revolver.  We made endless fun of this guy...  We've had a rash of shootings in this town since April and we're trying to figure out does this count as a shooting?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top