Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:58:52 AM EDT
This came from a story on Yahoo news about Social Security. The republicans are trying to cut some benefits from the program. Democratic Rep. Rahm Emanuel had this to say:

"The Republican Congress has given a whole new meaning to the term 'women and children first'".

I'll give credit where credit it due...that's a decent jab!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Social Security = welfare for old people

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Pyramid scheme.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Can't you guys lighten up for a minute or two?

This thread isn't about social security it's about a witty jab.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah but isn't all insurance  a pyramid scheme?
As far as welfare for old people...I think I can speak for  most people in saying that if  I pay into it, I ought to get something out of it!

Oh, sorry for continuing the hijack
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but isn't all insurance  a pyramid scheme?
As far as welfare for old people...I think I can speak for  most people in saying that if  I pay into it, I ought to get something out of it!

Oh, sorry for continuing the hijack

That's the big scam of Social Security.  Nobody pays into it.  All of the SS tax you pay goes into the general fund... not toward any kind of Social Security trust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top