Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 7:45:31 AM EDT
So the Danish prime minister was interviewed by some arab TV network, and the interview was aired.

He reiterated his position, which is that he regrets the offense to muslims by the newspaper, but that the Danish govenment cannot apologize for, or be responsible for, the action of an independent newspaper, that is allowed to publish in a free country.  

So on the network's webpage, people can post comments in reaction - and one of them says:

"Why don't the muslims in Denmark just boycott the country and return to their muslim home countries?"

That has to be the funniest thing ever!!!

There is NOTHING Denmark would love more than that.  If the muslim immigrants went "home", our crime rate would drop like a rock, stabbings, gang rapes, robberies, etc - would drop to the almost nonexistent levels we had before muslim immigration, and our welfare expenditures would drop drastically.

Apparently whoever wrote that comments doesn't really understand that the muslims in Denmark voluntarily and deliberately came there in the last 30 years specifically in order to mooch off our wealthy welfare state, not because someone forced them to come, or because they historically have lived there (unlike the small Jewish community in Denmark, for examples)

I'm sorry - it may not be as funny to you guys, but I almost fell out of my chair laughing

Somehow this idiot thinks it would be a "boycott" whearas in reality, it would be the greatest gift to Denmark they could possibly give.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That's not funny.....THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!

We should do everything we can to encourage muslims to leave civilized nations and go back to the Middle East. There they can be happy keeping each other in line.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet it wasn't a muslim who wrote that...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So the Danish prime minister was interviewed by some arab TV network, and the interview was aired.

He reiterated his position, which is that he regrets the offense to muslims by the newspaper, but that the Danish govenment cannot apologize for, or be responsible for, the action of an independent newspaper, that is allowed to publish in a free country.  

So on the network's webpage, people can post comments in reaction - and one of them says:

"Why don't the muslims in Denmark just boycott the country and return to their muslim home countries?"

There is NOTHING Denmark would love more than that.  If the muslim immigrants went "home", our crime rate would drop like a rock, stabbings, gang rapes, robberies, etc - would drop to the almost nonexistent levels we had before muslim immigration, and our welfare expenditures would drop drastically.

Apparently whoever wrote that comments doesn't really understand that the muslims in Denmark voluntarily and deliberately came there in the last 30 years specifically in order to mooch off our wealthy welfare state, not because someone forced them to come, or because they historically have lived there (unlike the small Jewish community in Denmark, for examples)

I'm sorry - it may not be as funny to you guys, but I almost fell out of my chair laughing

Somehow this idiot thinks it would be a "boycott" whearas in reality, it would be the greatest gift to Denmark they could possibly give.

It sounds like the person who made the comment knew what he meant.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Good point - it might be that new "sarcasm" thing I've been hearing about.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point - it might be that new "sarcasm" thing I've been hearing about.

tag
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sigline!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#7]
If they're so offended about that picture im sure the photoshop pros here can come up with something much better to spread around the net with a "made for ar15.com" signature.

What will the muslims do then.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, that is a great idea!

If we insult Vencente Fax or some Mexican saint do you think Mexicans in US will boycott and go back to Mexico too?

Worth a try, no?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If the muslim immigrants went "home", our crime rate would drop like a rock, stabbings, gang rapes, robberies, etc - would drop to the almost nonexistent levels we had before muslim immigration, and our welfare expenditures would drop drastically.

It's extremely funny to me too.

Apearently, every were muslims go it's always with the same results.

Enjoy the benefits of host country. Commit horrible crimes with the defense of 'it's intrinset to their culture' therefore they cannot be judged by unenlightened westerners. Actually it seems the men are unable to control themselves and act like animals when confronted with a little female skin or attitude, like children who have never been tought self discipline. Then complain about the intolerance of the host nation. Then when their numbers are great enough begin to control the host nation through fear and intimidation. Then gain control of host nation.

It used to be that war was the preferred method of taking over territory. Now it seems uncontrolled mass immigration and uncontrolled birthrates are the methods of choice.

Hope your country gets control of its situation before it is too late.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm . . .

instead of nuke mecca . . .

it could be, "send them back to mecca"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wow, that is a great idea!

If we insult Vencente Fax or some Mexican saint do you think Mexicans in US will boycott and go back to Mexico too?

Worth a try, no?

Doubt it would work but ,it sure would be fun trying.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]
This seemed like the thread for this: www.theonion.com/content/node/39190

It's from 1997. The Onion was ahead of the curve again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#14]
It seems to me that if the Muslims are going to get along with the rest of the world then they are going to have to get used to the idea that free speech is sometimes offensive.

It occurs to me that Denmark ought to encourage more of this, for just that purpose. If there are a million insults, then you don't have so much time to get upset about one. And, sooner or later, even the hardcore fanatics would get tired of demonstrations in the street every day. It would become old news.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Why did they let them in in the first place?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#17]
bwahahah

brilliant

i have a question

is the immigration situation in europe similiar to that in the US, as in most of the population asking for more sensible policies, but the elites in power ignore them because they benefit from it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

is the immigration situation in europe similiar to that in the US, as in most of the population asking for more sensible policies, but the elites in power ignore them because they benefit from it?

I'm no expert on immigration policy in other European countries, but I know that Danmark really tightend up their immigration laws several years ago, and now has some of the strictest immigration laws in all of Europe.

The laws are so specific that it would actually be quite difficult for me to get permission for my American wife to live in Denmark if I moved back.  There are all kinds of rules and requriments now, even limiting foreign spouses - to prevent people from getting in, just by marrying a danish chick, or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm no expert on immigration policy in other European countries, but I know that Danmark really tightend up their immigration laws several years ago, and now has some of the strictest immigration laws in all of Europe.

The laws are so specific that it would actually be quite difficult for me to get permission for my American wife to live in Denmark if I moved back.  There are all kinds of rules and requriments now, even limiting foreign spouses - to prevent people from getting in, just by marrying a danish chick, or something like that.

sounds good.  does denmark have the birthrate problems that many other european countries have?  is there concern about a demographic crisis if the birthrate is low and the immigration policy tight?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The laws are so specific that it would actually be quite difficult for me to get permission for my American wife to live in Denmark if I moved back.

I thought you were Dutch!??

So are you Danish, Flemish or Dutch? And does that mean you're from Holland, Netherlands or Denmark?

Dammit would you QUIT confusing me!!!!

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds good.  does denmark have the birthrate problems that many other european countries have?  is there concern about a demographic crisis if the birthrate is low and the immigration policy tight?

The birthrate "problem" is not really the problem that a lot of people believe it is, IMO - in some ways it is much like people freaking out over global warming or stuff like that.  There may be a statistical change, and something that may eventually be important over the course of many generations, but not any kind of an immediate problem.  

Denmark probably shares similar birthrates with other European countries, but it's not like people aren't having kids.  In fact, lower birth rates are generally associated with higher standards of living, which is why the global population growth rate has been dropping for decades, as more third-world countries become more industrialized and drag themselves out of poverty.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bwahahah

brilliant

i have a question

Yes with ONE notable exception!  IRELAND!!!!!!

The public demanded a referendum on Immigration, specifically Muslim Immigration, and got one... Now if you come to Ireland you will find the door is very firmly closed, you will recieve only the most meagre of benefits, you must register with the Police and report weekly IIRC, you cannot apply for citizenship until you have been living and working for 5 years without drawing any SS help, no automatic citizenship by marriage, fall foul of the law or lose your job and you're deported ASAP.... and these laws are strictly enforced.

Guess which country has the LOWEST (and falling) percentage of Muslims in Europe?   Yep!  Around 4,000 in a poplulation of 3.8 Million and only one minaret and call to prayer free  Mosque.

ANdy

I've always liked the Irish and Ireland.

I like them a lot more now.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The birthrate "problem" is not really the problem that a lot of people believe it is, IMO - in some ways it is much like people freaking out over global warming or stuff like that.  There may be a statistical change, and something that may eventually be important over the course of many generations, but not any kind of an immediate problem.  

Denmark probably shares similar birthrates with other European countries, but it's not like people aren't having kids.  In fact, lower birth rates are generally associated with higher standards of living, which is why the global population growth rate has been dropping for decades, as more third-world countries become more industrialized and drag themselves out of poverty.

this is true - but what about all the social welfare and pension plans?  American social security is probably going to fail, and our population is younger and birthrate higher than europe's.  have the europeans done a much better job of managing their pension plan funds?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is true - but what about all the social welfare and pension plans?  American social security is probably going to fail, and our population is younger and birthrate higher than europe's.  have the europeans done a much better job of managing their pension plan funds?

Europes pension system is collapsing... it's too generous and no longer affordable.

In a number of European countrues there are now as many people claiming Retirement as there are working. And in Germany and a number of Euro countries you retire on 80-100% of the Average National Wage!

Andy

While the systems definitely are going to be very stressed, keep in mind that outside "expert" economists have been saying for over 30 years that systems like the Danish one are on the brink of collapse, and cannot be sustained.    So far, they've been wrong.

When you look at the economies of a lot of these countries (I'm obviously most familiar with Denmark's) you'll see positive trade balances, balanced budgets, moderate growth, etc.

Because of huge defecit spending, giant negative trade imbalances and looming defecits in medicare as well as social security, the argument can actually be made that the U.S. situation is much more critical that those of strong social welfare states in the northern Europe.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top