Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/28/2002 12:44:32 PM EDT
I thought I seen it all until today. Last week saw a old boy mid 50s vet, had a sign that said "to old to work, if you can help great, if not I'll get by" had to give the old boy some money, I like it when they tell the truth. But today signs takes the cake. quote "why lie I need a beer!" I LMAO that's was funny if he wasn't across the street from me I would have. I thought about hiring one to check and change my 200 and 300 yard targets, I would only do it to the young beggars, LOL. What's been the best sign you've seen?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:49:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:50:03 PM EDT
"Will work for work" [whacko] ....maybe not. Nuckles. [smash]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:56:54 PM EDT
House burned to the ground please help. Does not sound funny, however a good friend of mine's wife works for the local police department. She was at the fire when this persons house burnt to the ground. The house was a crack house that caught fire while this person was smoking crack. I refuse to give money to a person that burnt their house down doing drugs.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:02:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By eagle1911: House burned to the ground please help. Does not sound funny, however a good friend of mine's wife works for the local police department. She was at the fire when this persons house burnt to the ground. The house was a crack house that caught fire while this person was smoking crack. I refuse to give money to a person that burnt their house down doing drugs.
View Quote
Now that's funny; poetic justice so to speak. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:03:57 PM EDT
The "Why lie it's for beer" one is always good. Saw one the other day, was a bit different. "Cold, Hungry and Sober. Please Help."
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:04:20 PM EDT
The REALLY funny ones are the ones held by people who think that I will give them money simply because they ask for it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:24:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:54:15 PM EDT
We've got a lady (I think it's a lady) near my office, her sign says "PREGNANT and Homeless - Please help" She's had the same sign for almost THREE YEARS! I've heard of carrying a baby for the full term, but yikes! At this rate, the kid's going to have side burns and a drivers license when he pops out. _______________________________________________ Will make bogus signs for the homeless for food
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:56:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:34:52 PM EDT
"Will work for beer" guy right next to him: "www.beer" Yup.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:43:09 PM EDT
"No Pre-Nup"
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:49:12 PM EDT
TIMES SQUARE: "Need money for: beer drugs and whores. Why lie?"
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:54:27 PM EDT
[img]www.dimensional.com/~mwluse/CodeForFood.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:58:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:00:02 PM EDT
We've got a lady and her partner here that has ben trying to get gas money to get home for over three years now... Wonder where "HOME" is??
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:03:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:09:05 PM EDT
I saw one sitting across from the bus stop I used to take. Guy was sitting on the ground with a sign sitting in front of him. In front of and below the sign, there were two cups. On the sign, there was an Arrow pointing to each cup. One said "Food". The other said "Beer". Though I have to wonder if he switches the cups everyone once in a while.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:26:30 PM EDT
I was working one day in Las Cruces New Mexico, they had passed an ordinance outlawing panhandling. The day before the ban a guy has a sign.. Going out of business... I had to give him a dollar!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:53:59 PM EDT
I saw a haggard womenz holding a sign that said "Broke and Blonde".
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:16:16 PM EDT
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~d460zoom/img/honest.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:14:45 PM EDT
Need Gas for Lear Jet
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:33:50 PM EDT
Also seen in Las cruces, NM; "Out of work bank robber. Will work for bullets."
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:44:43 PM EDT
I remember seeing a t-shirt someplace that said: Will work for SEX
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:49:47 PM EDT
1994, sixth street in Austin TX. Old vet sitting on the median with a sign that said "will work for food." I threw him an MRE that I had stashed under the seat. He told me to fuck off and threw it back at me! Ungreatful Sumnabitch, I had to live on that shit for months at a time!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:55:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: I don't know. It irritates the crap out of me to see people begging when I work in excess of 60 hours a week just to break even. I don't even make eye contact. Screw 'Em.
View Quote
A Pagan. When you die may your higher power (government) grant you a nice saying and a flag. Eternal life is in the open hand of Christ. " As you do unto the least of these, my children..." Think of a grateful thought, possibly, that with all your problems, at least you don't have mental illness to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:19:17 PM EDT
The front of the sign said "Let's do lunch!" When he turned it over it said "You buy!" It seemed he would panhandle long enough to buy something to eat. "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour.....sit by a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute." That's Relativity. A. Einstein
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:24:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sniped: I thought I seen it all until today. Last week saw a old boy mid 50s vet, had a sign that said "to old to work, if you can help great, if not I'll get by" had to give the old boy some money, I like it when they tell the truth. But today signs takes the cake. quote "why lie I need a beer!" I LMAO that's was funny if he wasn't across the street from me I would have. [shock] Dude! That guy was here 'bout 3 years ago! Corner of 51 and Indian School Rd. Heh. AB I thought about hiring one to check and change my 200 and 300 yard targets, I would only do it to the young beggars, LOL. What's been the best sign you've seen?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:37:42 PM EDT
Will work for a piece of cardboard and a magic marker
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:46:15 PM EDT
I think the best one that I have seen is "Need money for colostomy bags" What can you say to that? Here in KC we have a guy who makes decent wages begging, wears Nike Air-Jordons, has a nice leather Kansas City Chiefs jacket. I just shake my head and think, how can people feed into this guy?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:08:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/28/2002 7:09:33 PM EDT by MRW]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:41:14 PM EDT
Man I hate these friggin beggers. Around where I live, they are bold. They will straight up walk up to you and ask you for money. I was sitting at a taco stand eating my carne asada taco and this big ass begger homeless guy comes up to me and says: "Hey man, give me ten bucks, I don't get paid till next week. I got a job, but I need money now, give me ten bucks, kay?" I was so shocked, I choked on my taco and coughed asada, tortilla, pico and salsa all over his shoes. "Ten? TEN?????!!!!!" I replied. "You want me to give you TEN @#$%%#@ dollars????!!! Who the hell do you think you are???!!! Get the $#@# out of here you (Multiple explitives follow)". I can't believe the nerve of some of these people. I work my ass off and am barely squeaking by. Where does he get off asking me for $10. Running a business is hard. WTF does this punk think he is. What happened to asking for change. And don't give me any grief about being a better Christian because I ain't one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:46:17 PM EDT
"United Negro pizza fund"
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:02:15 PM EDT
I was in Georgetown a while back and saw three guys within two blocks that all had the same sign. "Single with three kids, please help." Perhaps they could not spell and gave some guy a dollar to make a sigh for them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:17:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/28/2002 11:18:36 PM EDT by magnut]
I think you'd be surprised at how many of these so called "beggars" are professional con men. It's a racket. In a few places people actually [b]conspire[/b] to solicit money from the naive. Go figure!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:27:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Slacker: 1994, sixth street in Austin TX. Old vet sitting on the median with a sign that said "will work for food." I threw him an MRE that I had stashed under the seat. He told me to fuck off and threw it back at me! Ungreatful Sumnabitch, I had to live on that shit for months at a time!
View Quote
Not too hungry then is he! Keving67
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:45:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/28/2002 11:48:11 PM EDT by 101_proof]
I saw a guy once with a "will work for food" sign about 75 yds from a fast food joint sporting a huge "NOW HIRING" sign. I guess work and free food wasn't good enough. Another good one, I bought my first AR on a total impulse buy and did not have a case to carry it home with, so I set it on the floorboard of my truck and partially conceal with a shirt (did not have permit, being careful)Hell I didn't think anyone would see, that was mistake number 1. Mistake 2: A five minute stop at the hardware store, hell I will be in and out in 5 minutes, besides I should be able to keep my truck in view. This is downtown Fredericksburg on a Friday afternoon. STUPID The problem was the hardware store is next to a liquor store and as I was walking in some drunken beggar hollers at me from across the street. My standard response to anything inaudible is "that's cool man" <--- mistake 3 I buy my hammer and walk out the door to see drunken beggar standing by truck. 101 actually stops and says "fuck". It turns out the drunken beggar asked for a ride to some other part of the city. I told him no, but he was a little upset that I reneged after saying "that's cool man" 5 minutes beforehand. I unlock my door and get in the drivers side door, while he is cussing but still begging for a ride. 101 says "fuck off", somehow that translated into "sure man hop in" cause dude opened my passenger door. The brainfart of my life, I left the damn door unlocked. When drunken beggar opens the door, the shirt fell off and scared the shit out of him. He literally ran away. In the meantime I am standing there looking like a idiot in front of a bunch of people I don't know. That's the best I can describe it, you kind of had to be there to see the look on his face. It was worth it in a way, Lord knows I will never make that mistake again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:05:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By grimshaw:
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: I don't know. It irritates the crap out of me to see people begging when I work in excess of 60 hours a week just to break even. I don't even make eye contact. Screw 'Em.
View Quote
Pagan. When you die may your higher power (government) grant you a nice saying and a flag. Eternal life is in the open hand of Christ. " As you do unto the least of these, my children..." Think of a grateful thought, possibly, that with all your problems, at least you don't have mental illness to deal with.
View Quote
Grimshaw... While I agree that DoubleFeed's comments do not seem "Christian," your Christian theology/response is inaccurate too... "Salvation is not by works but by grace..."
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:39:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By grimshaw: Think of a grateful thought, possibly, that with all your problems, at least you don't have mental illness to deal with.
View Quote
Do you know you're talking to DoubleFeed? He may have his hands full [;)] I'm with DoubleFeed on this one. If these people need help they can find through the proper means. I pay taxes that see to it. I believe it Un-Christian to label people as pagans. If you know of a better way to live, it would serve all of us (including God) to demonstrate kindness and understanding in all formats and situations. Sorry folks, I'm not trying to hijack the thread.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 1:21:14 PM EDT
Dude sitting on corner with "WILL WORK FOR FOOD" My buddy owns his own construction company says, "I got some new houses you can sweep out for me, hop in!!" Dude hems and haws and finally says no, the next day his sign reads "DISABLED VET, NEED FOOD"
Top Top