Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2017 8:48:33 PM EDT
We have yearly contracts.... program started with 3 teachers, board wants to cut it to 2, community threw a fit so the boards solution is to cut 2 of the 3 positions to half time... the other half of the time would be spent teaching another section... Trying to be vague so I can't get arocked...

I am second in seniority, so I wouldn't loose unless they cut 2 of the 3 positions, but doing the part time job would essentially "load the gun" and possibly make it easier to cut my position in the future...
There are job opportunities near by in VA, should I jump ship or ride it out?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have to quit right now, I can teach as long as I want lol, just wondering if I should "invest" anymore time into this place...
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
How old are you ? kids ? wife ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
What fucked up school do you work at!?

Unit counts and yearly contracts? 
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How old are you ? kids ? wife ?
View Quote

29 no kids or wife dating but could move on lol
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What fucked up school do you work at!?

Unit counts and yearly contracts? 
View Quote

We have yearly contracts.... program started with 3 teachers, board wants to cut it to 2, community threw a fit so the boards solution is to cut 2 of the 3 positions to half time... the other half of the time woul dbe spent teaching another section... Trying to be vague so I can't get arocked...
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#7]
fixed op
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Could that be the idea behind doing what they are doing...to have someone quit?
It would not bother me to move on. As long as you teach, you still get your retirement points right?

It is harder to build points working part time. I taught part time for over 9 years and did not get 5 years retirement.

I was not really doing it for a retirement though, I enjoyed teaching college and adult education.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Jump.  Every county in NoVA is always looking for teachers, and they pay pretty darn well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Could that be the idea behind doing what they are doing...to have someone quit?
It would not bother me to move on. As long as you teach, you still get your retirement points right?

It is harder to build points working part time. I taught part time for over 9 years and did not get 5 years retirement.

I was not really doing it for a retirement though, I enjoyed teaching college and adult education.
View Quote

They actually offered me a full time position in the other subject today as well... I guess so they can fill another teacher who is retiring position... I think lol, I hope they just want to save jobs but I really feel they are trying to get one of us to quit....  I really don't like the subject and it would be a pay cut if I took the job.... 3rd teacher applied to another job today so it might not matter in the end... I don't know....
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Currently looking at a job in York PA... Good idea or bad idea?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#12]
29 no wife or kids? Move west man, live a little. Go where it's warm and the women are crazy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
29 no wife or kids? Move west man, live a little. Go where it's warm and the women are crazy.
View Quote

Thats what I am thinking
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top