Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2002 12:18:54 PM EDT
What kind of sling setup is that?It SEEMS to be attached to the delta ring and around the rear stock but it seemed to attach from the top of the stock????

Anyone know what this setup IS or HOW to do it?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
are you refering to a top sling adapter?

[img]http://www.usarmory.com/ftp/15tsa.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It's alot like that ,but the forearm end seems to be attached around the slipring just in front of the recieverand behind the forearm(handguards).....I don't know if this a "hollywood" setup or a legitimate rig.It looks COOL as hell though."Joker" (in the movie)
has his M-16 setup in this fashion.(I noticed it while watching FMJ one night and saw that sling getup and wondered if any of you noticed it too and I wanted to find out if it that is a good(and effective way)to attach a sling.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I just scanned FMJ on dvd and didn't see anything other than standard sling set up... do you have a specific time durring the movie?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 3:47:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
are you refering to a top sling adapter?

[img]http://www.usarmory.com/ftp/15tsa.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Where can I get one of those ??
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's attached around the slipring and at the regular sling swivel at the bottom rear of the weapon. I think they did it to hide the fact that they had Delta sliprings, not the straight A1 style.

You can see it pretty well when they are in the city, behind the wall, when Doc J and Eight Ball are getting chopped up by that POS with the Vz58.

COOL!.......NOW;.....Does anyone know how the sling is attached to the delta slipring?.....
(I don't)lol...

It LOOKS to be just WRAPPED around the slipring........but I'm not for sure.It seems to look like a VERY mobile way to tote an AR.
I LIKE it.............DOES ANYONE ELSE LIKE IT OR CARRY IN THAT MANNER?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, now I've seen it...for some reason my "print screen" feature doesnt work with DVD's (??)  I don't know any other way to get a screen shot.  otherwise I'd post a picture.

The only place I've seen that is in the movie.

what he did was took the adjustable part of the GI sling and secured tightly around the slipring.  So instead of going to the front sling point it goes to the slipring.  The sling contiues on from there to the rear swivel.

I've got and use an assortment of slings on my AR's...  they all have their +'s and -'s.

Regular
Top sling
giles

OH, cnatra...
I've got a few that uncle same didn't "need" anymore.. but I've seen them in the various catalogs and almost always at funshows.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#8]
what dvd program? it may have it's own screen shot option. also try alt-print screen, not sure if it'll work but it's worth a try.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing to do with M-16s but MOST video cards that support DVD playback use what's called "video overlay" mode. You can see it in action by making your playback screen small and moving its positoion on your screen quickly. You'll notice it takes a few microseconds for the video picture to "catch up" to the new window position of the playback software. You can't capture it using any conventional screen capture rechniques or any of the built in screen shot features built into some dvd playback software. I tend to rip the video off the DVD by DeCSSing it... then converting it to AVI and finding the frame I want... and exporting that from any AVI editing software.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Thankyou 7IDL!!YOU are da'man.I didn't know if it was that simple or not...since it is,I'll try it out for fun and see how I like it.Thanks again 7IDL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top