Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 5:35:10 PM EDT
Ok,

So I started watching the shows on Netflix, a series of episodes called "Brotherhood'. I finished both sets of the series, and while looking for more, it seems the only other series on netflix (streaming not mail) appears to be much earlier episodes. So I imagine I didn't start watching this in the proper order. Can anyone tell me the proper order for watching the series or picking up where the Bortherhood episodes ended? If I have to back track, fine, but what I found that seems like older episodes contains about 50 or so shows and that's a lot of back trackingk. Can anyone help me?

Thank you GD,
Felix
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Brotherhood is a redux in a way.  It's a realization of the original comic that is more canon.  

The other series is the original series which has extra fluff in it but tells the main story.  Sorta.

If I was you, I'd either wait for the next episodes of Brotherhood to come out on streaming, or get the discs through netflix.  The series is complete in japan, and I'm pretty sure the final US disc should come out soon.

You could watch the other series in it's entirety, but the whole thing will come off as confusing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
you can buy seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.
then they're all in order for you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The original show FullMetal Alchemist had 51 episodes, whereas FMA:Brotherhood has 64 I believe.

Brotherhood follows the original manga pretty closely as I understand it, while the original FMA had a lot of original content.
You dont really need to watch the first series as brotherhood is more a reboot than a sequel

Check in this thread, Im sure you can get more help in there

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks a lot wiki only knows so much
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top