Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2005 6:01:49 PM EDT
Has anyone tried home heating fuel oil in a duramax diesel,my buddy is a chevrolet service manager and says not to ,somthing with the injectors.am curios to try it as the price of diesel is skyrocketing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:08:12 PM EDT
Isn't that a no no, no road taxes?

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:08:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PATRIOT_556:
Has anyone tried home heating fuel oil in a duramax diesel,my buddy is a chevrolet service manager and says not to ,somthing with the injectors.am curios to try it as the price of diesel is skyrocketing.

I think your buddy is right, im not totally sure on why it hurts the injectors, might be too thick, but idk.

How much is desiel in NY? Its only $2.85 around here, the cheapest ive seen in a long time, and once agian, as its supposed to be, desiel is cheaper than gas...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:09:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By out-a-ammo:
Isn't that a no no, no road taxes?

I think it was made legal here recently.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:11:14 PM EDT
A co-worker burns Pennsylvania crude in his Ford. He makes regular trips to PA to fill a 600 Gal tank from a well on a friends property. Or so he claims.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:14:00 PM EDT
Not sure there is much differance other than taxes and the dye. When i delivered fuel oil a few years ago both came out of the same tanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:14:32 PM EDT
Try cutting Diesel with it and see if there are any ill effects. Or, better yet, find a neighbor or coworker with a similair truck. And give him a free tank of fuel oil!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 6:20:43 PM EDT by heron163]

Originally Posted By Sukebe:
A co-worker burns Pennsylvania crude in his Ford. He makes regular trips to PA to fill a 600 Gal tank from a well on a friends property. Or so he claims.

its probably not crude but drip gas

edited to add - drip gas = condensation from natural gas or separation from crude
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:23:15 PM EDT
Same stuff except for dye and tax.. My father was stopped in NC for inspection. NC LEO were actually checking for the dye in the fuel, dad had a gas engine so got passed through. NOt sure this is common, but I doubt if caught, that tax evasion is taken lightly.
Top Top