Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/18/2005 11:58:57 PM EDT
I’ve done some computer work lately for a very nice lady and I overheard a conversation with her sister about their pistols. Both of there ladies are in their 50’s.

The lady’s computer I’ve been working on said her pistol jammed after one shot. I asked her about it and she didn’t know much. She thinks it’s a .380 but sure about it being a front grip safety (maybe a front cocker?). I only know about an HK that’s a front cocker but this appears to be a cheap pistol from a pawnshop.

Any clue about what this may be? I told her I’d take a look tomorrow while I’m getting rid of a nasty bug on her computer. (Aurora).

It may be in need of a good cleaning and that’s fine. But does anyone have an idea what I’ll be looking at?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:04:33 AM EDT
Yep, HK did make a "squeeze-cock" 380ACP, 32ACP, & 22LR called the P7M3. I believe this gun is in the realm of collector status since HK didn't very or import very many into the USA.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:07:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:
Yep, HK did make a "squeeze-cock" 380ACP, 32ACP, & 22LR called the P7M3. I believe this gun is in the realm of collector status since HK didn't very or import very many into the USA.

P7M8 and P7M13(double stack). Both 9mm. Both lightweight, BLOWBACK with gas retarded action. Gas is tapped from just in front of the chamber and it forces a piston to keep the action closed. Once pressure falls, regular blow-back action did the rest.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:16:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Keith_J:

Originally Posted By warlord:

P7M8 and P7M13(double stack). Both 9mm. Both lightweight, BLOWBACK with gas retarded action. Gas is tapped from just in front of the chamber and it forces a piston to keep the action closed. Once pressure falls, regular blow-back action did the rest.

$hit, I haven't even handled the P7M3, and I talk like an expert of which I'm NOT. FRom what I understand, this gun was straight blow-back with an oil-filled buffer to help control the recoil.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:20:06 AM EDT
Top Top