Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 10:17:19 PM EDT
Well I;ve been called a yahoo, and a woo woo...and I must admit the attraction of lights and siren on my vehical were why I investigated going into the fire dept.  But now.....its about somthign different.  Tomarrow at 5pm I get issued my gear and I have been semi-training on thursdays with the other guys.  From tomarrow on though I will be training more and more. Offically My cadet class doesnt start until january...but untill then i will be training as much as i can with my station.  I have quickly realized that it is no longer about the lights and the siren...but I am eager to go to a real fire and actually get to help real people and do my part in the community.  I'll keep ya'll updated on my cadet class when I start...but, tomarrow is when I get issued my gear!  Another step closer i guess!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
you go boy!  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats man!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations!!!  It is a great profession
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
slight delay in my gear...apparently the board forgot to vote on me monday, so dist. 4 cheif is having them vote on me over the phone today and tomarrow.  He told me he will bring me my gear personally (tomarrow) Thursday the 20th!  I am still excited though!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats
but you'll still be a rookie woo woo for a while!  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Congrats

Gotta start somewhere!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Congrats

Gotta start somewhere!

Yes sir you surely do
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the job. Get ready for no sleep, cold meals, and having to move in a hurry.

(And no, I'm not talking about life with my ex!)

BTW - If you ever stop learning in this business, you'll either be dead (mentally or physically), or Chief :D

And don't forget - fire kills without caring if you're making $60k/yr or doin' it for free.

Know your equipment in the dark, with gloves on, and half asleep.

CYA is ALWAYS in effect. No building is every worth a life.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]
BTW Jason...be sure and put all the bunker gear on run a few laps around the station in full scba gear and intentionally let your air run out.  Trust me that's a feeling you'll never forget when that mask sucks in on your face!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top