User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 7:01:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
very cool.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
btt

C`mon, don`t you guys want to hear from the guy who shot at the wrong target at the Olympics?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
... Definitely a good read,

... spoiler below
... Once we got out there, I was nervous, but was able to control it somewhat.
I guess I should say I was able to control it enough to make quality shots. I was shooting a decent final for 9 shots. I was really happy with how I was handling my nerves, but that was something I had trained for. For the last shot, I was feeling the last-shot-jitters and was working really hard to calm down enough to break a good shot. I never have natural point of aim problems, so I set up like normal, came down on target and shot it when it crossed the black. I looked down and didn't see anything on my monitor......uh-oh.....I figured the target malfunctioned, so I told the judges that I shot. After a
minute, someone realized I had shot on the target of the guy to the right
of me. It was an 8.1, which would have been more than enough to win the gold. I think I would have won by a point. In one shot, I pooped away a second gold medal and $25,000. I put my gun down, was in a bit of shock because I think I've only ever cross-fired once in my life and that was a long time ago. I walked
back to Dave, he gave me a big hug and I think he was more upset/sad than I was.
I turned around to look at the scoreboard and saw the Mike had won the
silver...

- Matt Emmons
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Excellent read.

Back when I shot competitively, I shot in several matches with Mike Anti (the silver medal winner).  Of course, I was never a threat to him.  He was always near the top of the score sheet with guys like David Johnson and David Yeager, with my name being, uh, somewhat further down.

It's great to see Americans medalling, and when they don't medal, it's good to see them in contention.

They really are great ambassadors for our country.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top