Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 12:45:29 AM EDT
Yesterday I had the occasion to see the big difference between USA and Europe.

Saturday a summit between EU leaders, to finally built a common EU Constitution and sign the birth of a political European Union superstate failed.
Europeans showed lack of determination, will (especially from France and Germany) to egemonize EU at the expenses of weaker EU state members.
Sunday there was full room for all to show their particularism, nationalisms, lackness of focus on the situation, internal and worldwide.
Europa showed not to be ready to afford toghether with determination the challenge of political, economical and military unity. This means that we europeans are less then ever prepared to keep our point in any issue, war on terror included.

In the same day, there was the breaking news of Saddam's capture.
After affording worlwide critics, and a daily toll of human lives, US troops implacably found and brought to justice the Iraqi dictator, starting to break the psicologic dogma, from Afghanistan War, that major USA enemies had a sort of invulerability, arising in someone, most of the times an anti-american opinion leaders in Europe, also suspects that the lackness of arrests was something wanted to get some dark domination purposes.
USA dared to pay such a high blood toll, a toll that would be untolerable for EU public opinion. Why? Because of their determination to cut all the sources of international terrorism and to give a clear signal to the other people of the area, those ones that cannot be directly hit for reason of politic realism (read Saudi Arabia and Iran... the REAL SOURCES of international terror that hit USA in 9-11....) not to expand their fundamentalist credo and to take action against those terror perpetrators, or, sooner or later, to face consequences.
USA gave ALWAYS in the past signal of weakness: a couple of examples for all: the kidnapping, torture and execution of the CIA chief in Beirut and always in Beirut the assassination of 241 Marines by a suicide bomber, never punished by any US government. In the arab psycology sometimes actions are done to see how the target react, and no reaction means WEAKNESS. That is, to take courage to make further steps against a giant with clay feet.

But now things are changed: as the Adm. Yamamoto said before Pearl Harbour attack in 1941 a "giant has been awakened" and even if someone can spill some blood from him, his feet are dressing combat boots with a steel sole, slowly but tirelessly crushing everything can represent a menace.

From Europe, but also from a doubtfully "privileged" observatory like Israel, that is with my eyes outside from both Europe and USA, I can see the astounding difference between the tho behaviour and mindsets. The only determination Europe showed has been not to put at risk it's own short term convenience, not to be involved in any struggle but different than accusing USA, blaming USA, making fool of USA for something that Europe, if attacked, knows very well that cannot do without the help and support of USA: return the attack to the invasive and pervert fundamentalist terror.

And believe me, even if I know that finally there is a giant that can return blow after blow the wounds terrorism inflicted to people, this difference is something that make me feel sad: it is sad to feel contempt for the place I was born.

PaoloAR15 - Italy

PS.

My congrats to US troops for the capture of Saddam Hussein. It has been a great day for me and my family!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:55:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Part of the reason for much of American's stoic attitude can be read in part of George Patton's speech to the Third Army :

[b]Americans love to fight - traditionally. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble player; the fastest runner; the big league ball players; the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win - all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost, not ever will lose a war, for the very thought of losing is hateful to an American.[/b]

If Americans are given a chance, and are led heroically, we will respond in kind.

Thnak you for your sentiments  [beer]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Part of the reason for much of American's stoic attitude can be read in part of George Patton's speech to the Third Army :

[b]Americans love to fight - traditionally. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble player; the fastest runner; the big league ball players; the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win - all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost, not ever will lose a war, for the very thought of losing is hateful to an American.[/b]

If Americans are given a chance, and are led heroically, we will respond in kind.

Thnak you for your sentiments  [beer]
View Quote

The thing that scares me is that spirit is being ground out of each subsequent generation by government run schools pushing revisionist history and zero-tolerance bullshit, the ongoing pacifist mentality being pushed by feminazis on males, a society that fosters a “sue the bastards into oblivion” mentality for any perceived slight, making people hesitant to do anything that doesn’t meet with absolute social agreement or political correctness.

Paolo is such a breath of fresh air in seeing the America that many want to ignore and hopes will go away.  I see Europe as the road map to where America is going if we don’t pull our heads from our assess and stop this slide to oblivion.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Paolo, I believe you understand the situation better than 95% of Americans.

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Paolo, I have noticed for quite some time that it sounds like your "Inner American" is trying to get out.

Why the heck are you still in Italy? Immigrate! It is a tradition in this country, and we could have you assimilated pretty quickly. Plus, you wouldn't have to go through as many hassles to get parts from Bushmaster. Once you have established legal Resident Alien status, you can buy and carry whatever the heck you want, within your (new) state's laws, and just order parts from BM over the phone with a credit card.
View Quote

The problem is that I must import:

1 Oly AR in Preban Evil Configuration
1 H&R Garand (Evil Evil)
1 Remington P17 (not so Evil but accurate as hell...)
1 Ithaca M1911A1
1 Browning HP with 13 rounds mags...

All stuff (except the P17 and M1911...) that will produce a lot of headaches to the BATF...

Anyway, if I see that Germany and France (and Russia!!!) are going to rule in Eu I will move to Israel or I will ask green card... NO JOKE!

btw... which is the MOST gun friendly state?

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:btw... which is the MOST gun friendly state?

View Quote

and let the debates begin...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Paolo,

you deserve a place in Texas. You can stay at my house anytime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top