Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2013 6:56:22 PM EDT
The Fringe finale was about as good as it could be in my opinion!  It was sad to see Click To View Spoiler

Anybody else watch it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]

My wife and I watched it together, hated to see the show go, It was solid science fiction.

I'm going to slightly disagree with your analysis: EDIT: Spoiler hider didn't work.

EDIT #2, going to try again:    

EDIT #3, fuck it, goint to PM you what I wrote so as not to spoil it for the others.

Weight in when you can West Coast....

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought they should have wrapped it up quicker and spent 20 minutes retracing the new timeline... Technically if the observers didnt exist then Peter would have survived in his own world and their daughter would have likely belonged to the alternate Olivia... A lot of other stuff would have changed as well and it would have been nice to walk through it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought they should have wrapped it up quicker and spent 20 minutes retracing the new timeline... Technically if the observers didnt exist then Peter would have survived in his own world and their daughter would have likely belonged to the alternate Olivia... A lot of other stuff would have changed as well and it would have been nice to walk through it.

I don't think so.

See, they changed the future which really changed the past because they came from the future future to go into the past so...  ah screw it.  

Let me draw a picture of my interpretation...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Fringe finale was about as good as it could be in my opinion!  It was sad to see Click To View Spoiler

Anybody else watch it?

thought the same, also sad to see it go
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I will miss it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Any of you guys listen to The Fringe Podcast?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Any of you guys listen to The Fringe Podcast?

No, haven't heard of it, where would I find it?

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so.

See, they changed the future which really changed the past because they came from the future future to go into the past so...  ah screw it.  

Click To View Spoiler

Haaaaa! Great diagram!

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so.

Click To View Spoiler
Haaaaa! Great diagram!

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't get the significance of the card that Walter mailed to Peter at the very end.
Was that a tulip on the card?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I didn't get the significance of the card that Walter mailed to Peter at the very end.

Yes the white tulip was a sign of forgiveness from God that walter wanted in a previous episode.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes the white tulip was a sign of forgiveness from God that walter wanted in a previous episode.

makes sense, Thanks

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That came from a couple of seasons ago where Walter was helping another scientist and they talked to each other on a more personal level. And in that conversation, it came out that Walter wanted a sign from God that every thing was going to be ok. And he wanted the sign to be a white tulip. At the end of the show, some time after the other scientist died while trying to save his wife, Walter got a letter from the dead scientist with that same picture, kind of a thank you to Walter.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That came from a couple of seasons ago where Walter was helping another scientist and they talked to each other on a more personal level. And in that conversation, it came out that Walter wanted a sign from God that every thing was going to be ok. And he wanted the sign to be a white tulip. At the end of the show, some time after the other scientist died while trying to save his wife, Walter got a letter from the dead scientist with that same picture, kind of a thank you to Walter.  

But Walter didn't know that he told the scientist about the Tulip because the scientist went back in time creating a different timeline so that Walter never met the scientist.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, sad to see it go, though I thought the last few seasons strayed away from what attracted me to the show... crazy, weird, out there, but semi plausible oddball shit happening.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I lost interest as the series progressed.
I'm playing catch up now. Good stuff.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#17]
The S/O and I just started watching Fringe now there is a thread on it I swear you all are stalking us...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, wasn't it Peter Weller in that episode?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Fringe was really great, and I'm really happy fox let it run its course. Hopefully fox will greenlight more sci-fi considering the success fringe had.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:04:45 AM EDT
[#20]
You guys suck for not using mspaint
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But Walter didn't know that he told the scientist about the Tulip because the scientist went back in time creating a different timeline so that Walter never met the scientist.

Oops! Good catch!

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Okay, I don't understand why Olivia was able to go over to the other dimension, snatch the kid and pop back with him.

In the first place, why was the kid able to cross over just because she was holding onto him ... he didn't take any cortexiphan.

In the second place, since he existed in both dimensions, why wasn't there now two of him in the alternate dimension after she brought him back? It was convenient that when she brought him back, he apparently just ceased to exist there and I guess went back to the other one.

Third, why was it necessary to go into the FUTURE to have the boy studied and change the past? Why not go into the past - before the observers ever appeared - and do it then? That would have kept the observers from ever existing.

My last comment about this series is that Olivia had gotten to be so dark and sad and introspective that she wasn't as attractive a character as she once was. I mean, she had frown lines and knit brows almost all the time. If I was Peter I would have told her to get her shit together and quit being such a sad sack or hit the road.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Okay, I don't understand why Olivia was able to go over to the other dimension, snatch the kid and pop back with him.

In the first place, why was the kid able to cross over just because she was holding onto him ... he didn't take any cortexiphan.

In the second place, since he existed in both dimensions, why wasn't there now two of him in the alternate dimension after she brought him back? It was convenient that when she brought him back, he apparently just ceased to exist there and I guess went back to the other one.

Third, why was it necessary to go into the FUTURE to have the boy studied and change the past? Why not go into the past - before the observers ever appeared - and do it then? That would have kept the observers from ever existing.

My last comment about this series is that Olivia had gotten to be so dark and sad and introspective that she wasn't as attractive a character as she once was. I mean, she had frown lines and knit brows almost all the time. If I was Peter I would have told her to get her shit together and quit being such a sad sack or hit the road.

That was all just filler. The writers must have checked out early.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

She lost her daughter again for a second time and this time it was due to death. That will make any parent "so dark and sad and introspective." You've got to take that into consideration.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#25]

DOUBLE TAP

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Well crap, I might as well answer what I can:

Quoted:

In the first place, why was the kid able to cross over just because she was holding onto him ... he didn't take any cortexiphan. I equate that to her being able to take the clothes she is wearing when she crosses dimensions. Apparently whatever she is touching goes with her.

In the second place, since he existed in both dimensions, why wasn't there now two of him in the alternate dimension after she brought him back? It was convenient that when she brought him back, he apparently just ceased to exist there and I guess went back to the other one. Where did you get that there were two of him? The Observers only existed in this universe.

Third, why was it necessary to go into the FUTURE to have the boy studied and the past? Why not go into the past - before the observers ever appeared - and do it then? That would have kept the observers from ever existing. That was where the idea and experiments first happened to create the Observers. They went to the year 2167 to convince the scientist then to never start that project. That is what prevented the Observers from ever existing.

My last comment about this series is that Olivia had gotten to be so dark and sad and introspective that she wasn't as attractive a character as she once was. I mean, she had frown lines and knit brows almost all the time. If I was Peter I would have told her to get her shit together and quit being such a sad sack or hit the road.  Already answered but damn, you'd really kick your wife like that after a child of yours died??? That's major cold.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I was sick of the "observers", wish they would have done other stories, x-file like.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, Olivia had gotten all dark and brooding early in the series, and even when they rediscovered Etta she didn't seem to get much better. She was just a dark, brooding character, and that made her less interesting to me.

As far as there being two Michaels, he was being held in the alternate dimension Walter and Peter and Olivia were in, then Olivia went into the other (normal) dimension to snatch him from there. When she returned with him, that would mean there were now two of him in the alternate dimension. Details, details.

I enjoyed the series, although there were some glaring errors in it in places. Can't remember them now, but at the time I said wtf.

Oh, and I'd pop Astrid in a NY minute.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I was sick of the "observers", wish they would have done other stories, x-file like.

I did like the X-Files but after a while the "all tease, no please" routine got old. 9 seasons of Scully looking the wrong way at the wrong time fot tiresome. I always wished just once she would see the damn aliens.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#32]
As for why everything was the same up till 2015, my opinion is that Walter made it the same.  After all, he went forward in time to a bunch of advanced  people who could travel through time.  Wouldn't his first concern be to make sure that Peter, Olivia and Etta were together and happy?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As for why everything was the same up till 2015, my opinion is that Walter made it the same.  After all, he went forward in time to a bunch of advanced  people who could travel through time.  Wouldn't his first concern be to make sure that Peter, Olivia and Etta were together and happy?

Sounds good to me!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Just started season 4 last night so I cant click on any of the spoiler tags.  GREAT series!  Wife and I watch a couple episodes a night before we hit the rack.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Just started season 4 last night so I cant click on any of the spoiler tags.  GREAT series!  Wife and I watch a couple episodes a night before we hit the rack.

When you get to episode 19 in Season 4, you will get a glimpse into Season 5. This show isn't afraid to take a chance!

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Does the fixed timeline still have Walter in 2015? I may be forgetting some details, but did anything happen to Walter between the present and 2015?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Was disappointed to see the series end
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:43:44 AM EDT
[#38]
One of my favorites, hated to see it end.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:06:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does the fixed timeline still have Walter in 2015? I may be forgetting some details, but did anything happen to Walter between the present and 2015?

Walter disappears in 2015 to avoid a paradox.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hell yeah, Ostrich would catch it hard.   I really liked her on the show.  Asteroid was a great character.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#41]
i started watching Fringe this month and got caught up just in time for the finale.  what sucks is that Fringe started at the same time as Dollhouse and The Sarah Connor Chronicles and they got cancelled after one and two seasons respectively but Fringe kept going.  Did Fox just figure that they couldn't have that many scifi shows going at once?  iirc, TSCC had ratings equal to Fringe...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:18:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah, Ostrich would catch it hard.   I really liked her on the show.  Asteroid was a great character.

Astro!

Aspirin!

Astral!

Asgard!

http://fringe.wikia.com/wiki/Astrid_Farnsworth#Walter.27s_Names
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was one of the great episodes of the series, with Peter Weller as the other scientist.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Just finished the final episode, I really liked the ending. I guess I couldn't figure out the part where Walter wouldn't re-appear in the timeline due to stopping the observers. I guess I need to go back and watch some of season 4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top