Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 1:57:07 AM EDT
Found out last night that a fairly close friend of mine comitted suicide on thursday.  Please keep his family and him in y'alls prayers. I know ending one's own life is a very touchy subject -- it is for me.  

All I know is I am sitting here at work feeling everything and nothing if that makes sense.  Rage, sorrow and numbness all at once.  

I just needed to get that out and "talk" to someone

BE out

please pardon the spelling errors
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about your loss... Prayer sent  .. Life is truely short. WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:59:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry pal....hang in there
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:05:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. My cousin was shot and killed a month ago. Life ends too fast for some people
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:09:29 AM EDT
[#4]
BE do yourself a favor and try not to make any sense out of the ordeal.  There is no rationalization when it comes to suicide.  Hang tough, be there for his family and friends, and let them do the same for you.

My condolences BE.  I wish you the best of luck.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:12:20 AM EDT
[#5]
An old freind of mine purposely OD'd on sleeping pills a few weeks ago...
I felt more pissed off than anything. He betrayed his wife and his family IMHO

Sorry to hear about your loss...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]
If we can, I'd like to keep the whole "suicide is a selfish act" things of that nature out of this thread.  It is an incredibly selfish act.  Its a betrayal and all that.  

However, I myself have been at the brink and fortunately I have had some wonderful friends to drag me back.  I am not going to criticize him or drag him over the coals or any of that.  Its not up to me.

I wish he had not hidden his pain.  I wish he woulda come to any one of his friends, and he did have a great many friends and people who cared for him.  I wish I had said more the last time I saw him.  I wish there was something I coulda done
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:21:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:23:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Belfrey, Don't kick yourself for the 'woulda's/coulda's/shoulda's'. Your friend felt he had too much pain in his life to live with it and hid the signs I'm sure. He wasn't looking for help because he most likely didn't want to burden his friends and was too blinded by his pain/depression to see how much his friends would've loved to help him.

Try to forgive his going away and pray for him. But also pray for his family and other friends, they're all hurting in various ways. They'll be lost for awhile and bewildered by the question of 'WHY'...it doesn't matter why anymore.  I hope ya get through this ok, try to talk whatever your feeling out with anyone you can, and be there when others need to talk it out.

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#9]
If you are alive you will hurt & feel pain. Thats love. Remember the good times & learn from the bad.
Its OK to be human and cry, sometimes we must before the dam breaks. May GOD be with you and comfort you. Feel free to talk about it, it might help.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:43:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:47:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry

I have been through this.  It does get better.  Spend time with your family and his.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Prayers sent.An old friend killed himself years ago.On Christmas.In his mother's house.I miss him,but I'll NEVER forgive him for what he did, and how he did it.My deepest condolences.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#13]
My cousin tried to OD on some pills a few years ago.  Fortunately, they got him to the hospital in time.  I had no idea he was depressed at all.  A little bummed lately about some school problems, but I had no idea anything was going on that would cause him to even consider such a thing.  It can come out of the blue, because they sometimes hide the signs.

I was depressed for a while in college.  I felt good and was happy when I was with my friends, but as soon as they left, I went back into the dumps again.  Makes it easy for them to not know anything's wrong.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry to hear Belfry.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm sorry man.  I've been there.   My younger brother took his own life 6 years ago.  He was 17.  When someone you are close to does that it's hard to even process the infomation.  Hang in there bro.  

-Jason M
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sorry

I have been through this.  It does get better.  Spend time with your family and his.  

Plus one on all counts. Try to spend time with his family, and not just now and next week but for a long time. They need and friend, but be sure to spend time with your family too. Im sorry for the loss. Good luck and God Bless.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top