Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 12:03:44 PM EDT
[i]By James Rosen -- Bee Washington Bureau
Published 2:15 a.m. PDT Tuesday, May 27, 2003
[/i]

[url]http://www.sacbee.com/content/politics/story/6740612p-7691732c.html[/url]

[b]More than two months after U.S. and British troops invaded Iraq and toppled Saddam Hussein, Europeans still are struggling to understand the war and the American president who launched it. Nowhere is the soul-searching deeper than in France, whose futile bid to block the war sparked a diplomatic crisis that divided Europe and damaged the trans-Atlantic alliance.

[i]"What is a little disconcerting for the French is an American president who seems to be principled," said Jean Duchesne, an English literature professor at Condorcet College in Paris. "The idea that politics should be based on principles is unimaginable because principles lead to ideology, and ideology is dangerous."[/i]

Lacorne, the international relations analyst, said many French are acutely uncomfortable with Bush's frequent references to God, which they take to mean -- mistakenly, in his view -- that Christian fundamentalism dictates his polices

[i]"You have people who are very critical of Bush's foreign policy, but who love American jazz and American movies. So the notion of French anti-Americanism seems to me very shallow and wrong. This is a term that tries to shame the opposition by suggesting that it is xenophobic or nationalistic or racist -- when, in fact, there is just an honest divergence of opinion."

Many Frenchmen say that Bush has squandered a deep well of good will toward Americans spawned by the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
[/i]

I really hate these type of people.  Country of pussies.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
What the French truly fail to understand, is that American's already didn't like them!, The war opposition just gave us a reason to get real vocal about it on an international level! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

[b]"What is a little disconcerting for the French is an American president who seems to be principled," said Jean Duchesne, an English literature professor at Condorcet College in Paris. "The idea that politics should be based on principles is unimaginable because principles lead to ideology, and ideology is dangerous."[/b]
View Quote

WoW!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
God, the French.  They're mystified why we hate them?  After their ingratitude, two-faced, amoral and cynical suppport for a fucking murderous thug in favor of the US, a country they've had a good relationship with for 200 years?

And they think the US cares about "squandering" the goodwill and sympathy after 9/11?  What do they think is more important to Americans?  Sympathy from  friends or going out and taking out the terrorists and their allies in the middle east?

There's always been and undercurrent of contempt for the French, but after the way they actively tried to undermine us and supported our enemies 6 months ago, they really pissed us off.  They never really liked us and always cop a superior attitude towards us.  They can eat shit and die for all I care.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
They were crying crocodile tears on 9/11.

The US feels betrayed and rightfully so.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Question:  How many gears do French tanks have?

Answer:  Six.  1 forward and 5 reverse.  

Question:  How many French does it take to defend Paris?

Answer:  Nobody knows.  It's never been attempted.

Ad seen in Shotgun News:  For sale, French battle rifles.  Never been fired and only dropped once.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
fuck those motherfucking french fucks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
These people(french) are such fucking imbosils.

Thin of war as an investment. If you dont invest in our stock(war) WHY THE FUCK SHOULD WE GIVE YOU A RETURN?!

[i]edited for sloppy typing[/i]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The good will was sympathy.  When we didn't act like victims (at least on a national level), we lost the sympathy.
View Quote

Ex-fucking-actly.  We had all this good will as long as we didn't do anything...which makes it worthless.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Fucking fuckitty fuck fuck.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top