Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/16/2003 4:26:54 PM EDT
After so many years with my glasses I kinda got used to them. But my wife's work offers laser eye surgery to correct it, but not for too much longer. Anyone have this done? Are there any known side effects to it, now or maybe later on down the road?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/16/2003 4:58:44 PM EDT by SGTIMAK]
Should you do it... uh, yeah. I know some people at work whos eyes got infected and had to be sent home and treated. That was in pretty extreme conditions (Afghanistan/Iraq). I know if you get the one where they cut a flap out of the surface, scrub and flip it back closed, you can't go to HALO school... that probably doesn't apply. edited: check out freefall's post
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:06:07 PM EDT
Has your prescription changed lately? If so, wait before having it done. I'm 75, and my prescription changed, for the better(!), by two diopters in the past three years. My vision isn't yet stable enough to consider surgery. If I had had surgery on my eyes three years ago when I first looked into it, I'd be wearing glasses now to correct the overcorrection. Also, I don't know anyone that has had it done that hasn't had major problems. Specifically ask the doctor about how bad the halos will be around lighter colored objects and lights. I work with two former cops that couldn't read license plates at night due to the halos around the white lights that illuminate them. Depending on what you do for a living, the surgery can put you out of work.z
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:25:29 PM EDT
*really* depends. Is it with their own doc? or can you choose from atleast a moderate selection? Possibly select your own preferred doc (best option)? Otherwise, I say go for it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:51:52 PM EDT
Well it was a hassel but I have 20/15 vision so it is definatly worth it. But the best thing is after falling 10.000ft and opening my parachute I dont have to pull my glasses out of my pocket to find the landing area/DZ. FREE
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:52:27 PM EDT
Well been a while since I had to parachute but my prescription hasn't changed in like 15 years so I think I'm gonna do it.
Top Top