Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 7:19:36 PM EDT
Check out http://www.teexwmdcampus.com/index.k2 for the free on line courses. TEEX instructors are the ones that came here & conducted the 3 day class & ya had to take a couple of the on line courses, but they are really easy.

Basic EMS Concepts for WMD Incidents & WMD/Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders (New) were the required classes.

If ya ever get a chance to take any of TEEX's classes jump on it, they are well worth the time invested
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I attended a 3 day EMS/Fire class that not only gives ya 24cme's it's one of the best classes I've attended in a looooong loooooooooooooong time

Our instructors were 3 Paramedics & 2 are FF/P's with over 20 years on the road each.

Got to play with a dummy that costs more than $250K and closer to $300K. Was wild treating a dummy that reaceated jst like a human.

He did everything but fart, puke and pop a woody

Even wets himself out his water making hole and was hung like a horse

He breathes, talks, ya can do IV's, O2, oral & nasal tubes, crike pressure, they had about 20 different drugs ya can push thrugh the IV and he reacats to that. Heck everything you can do to a human you can do to this dummy. Ya can even jump start him with a lifepack 12 & all the results are posted up on a computer screen.

I learned how to intubate (not a EMT-B skill) & did both oral (using a laryngscope) and nasal intubation even though they are not there to teach ya EMS skills, but how to better effectively use you're skills at a WMD event.

The class I took was called Emergency Medical Services Operations and Planning for Weapons of Mass Destruction.

They handed out a small glovebox sized copy of the ERG and a Janes Chem/Bio book that was chock full of excellent brain draining crap besides having a really good workbook. All in all this was a excellent class
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Those TX guys do a great job. If you like that then you should check this place out :cdp.dhs.gov/.

All the training is FREE. They send out PREPAID air fare, put you up, feed you, give you the books, and anything else you might need.
They offer classes for law, ems, fire, any of the "first responders" as defined by DHS.

Several of the classes go to the toxic agent area, the ONLY place where civilian personnel can train in a "LIVE" nerve agent environment.

And everything is FREE, no strings attached. Everything is payed for through DHS.

I've been through every class they have and would recommend them to anybody.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
We have sent several guys to the COBRA class, but I'm not sure I'd want to play with live agents

Something about live agents just spooks the living crap out of me
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
come on bro'        Where is your sense of adventure /
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
come on bro'        Where is your sense of adventure /

I left it on the military when I retired 20 years of playing in a chem suit is enough for me

However, I've got to admit looking in a really thick window while you are in a smurf suit playing would be sort of cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top