Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Paul Harvey
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Well this puts a new spin on things.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Has this been verified from any legit sources?

I have yet to see any of the big name media sites talk about this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Mark LaRue posted this in the riot thread yesterday, you can dig through there and see where his source was, I  forget.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Liveleak is not legit?  

Would love to see more details about this though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You probably won't.

TC
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You probably won't.

TC
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You probably won't.

TC

It's a huge story if true.

Breitbart, Hot Air, Ace of Spades, Drudge would blow it up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well this puts a new spine on things.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Its not going to stop the riots or looting, and nobody will ever convince the masses here that the cops werent on a murderous rampage. I do however hope this is confirmed true.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#10]
It doesn't fit the narrative.  When my mom had her fusion done she had to wear a neck collar for something like six weeks.  I'm pretty sure that even back in the academy they told us to be careful cuffing and stuffing someone with a neck collar or other medical appliance.  I wonder what his discharge instructions said?  Not that we'll ever see them because of HIPPAA and all that crap.  

Under normal circumstances it's pretty danged difficult to snap someone's spine.  I mean it take a serious amount of effort and training to pull it off.  So if the Dearly Departed was out and about with a week old cervical fusion and no neck collar that would make it exceptionally easy to to just that.  The autopsy report should tell the tale.  They'll still barbecue the arresting officers just because the Mayor of Baltimore is more into community organizing than anything else.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#11]
That's spurious information to go on at best, and it doesn't change much in my mind.

If the injury happened as the result of him getting apprehended, its a freak accident and no fault of the officers.  If they beat him up after the fact, they were wrong.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Stopped on Hannity last night as I was flipping through the news channels because he had the family's attorney on. He straight up asked the attorney if Freddie had any spine or neck problems in the recent past and the attorney didn't say 'no'. He said 'not that we're aware of...'

Pretty telling if you ask me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#13]
http://thefourthestate.co/2015/04/breaking-freddy-gray-had-spine-surgery-just-one-week-before-arrest/

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/.../did-freddie-gray.../

Bama_shooter posted these in the Baltimore thread.

Not sure if verified, but will be a great plot twist if true.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#15]
He should have bent over backwards to cooperate then.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Paul Harvey
View Quote

no kiddin'
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Ost
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Stopped on Hannity last night as I was flipping through the news channels because he had the family's attorney on. He straight up asked the attorney if Freddie had any spine or neck problems in the recent past and the attorney didn't say 'no'. He said 'not that we're aware of...'

Pretty telling if you ask me.
View Quote

Go ask Trayvon's "dad" if he was a thug. Lawyers say what they have to in order to win their case.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Pretty sure i read he had multiple broken bones in his neck, which is still hard to explain without excessive force against him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would explain some things for sure. Need a legit source however.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Tagged
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh really?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It doesn't fit the narrative.  When my mom had her fusion done she had to wear a neck collar for something like six weeks.  I'm pretty sure that even back in the academy they told us to be careful cuffing and stuffing someone with a neck collar or other medical appliance.  I wonder what his discharge instructions said?  Not that we'll ever see them because of HIPPAA and all that crap.  
View Quote

I had my spine fused (neck) 1.5 years ago. Left the hospital with no collar and was never given one. Surgeon said he preferred his patients not use one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You probably won't.

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You probably won't.

TC

Sean Hannity asked the family attorney about this last night on Fox News, and the family attorney completely denied it.  (He also accused conservatives of not caring about black people)
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#25]
We won't know anything for sure until medical examiner releases the autopsy report. If he had recent surgery the report will reflect that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#27]
After my morning coffee I'm starting to think this is probably bullshit.  Neck surgery of any kind would have been apparent and noted by the police and medical team and you damn well know the Baltimore P.D. would have put that information out by now.  The fact that we collectively jump on this without a shred of evidence makes us no better than the Al Sharptons of the World.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
After my morning coffee I'm starting to think this is probably bullshit.  Neck surgery of any kind would have been apparent and noted by the police and medical team and you damn well know the Baltimore P.D. would have put that information out by now.  The fact that we collectively jump on this without a shred of evidence makes us no better than the Al Sharptons of the World.  
View Quote

Not all spine surgeries leave massive scars.  Actually few do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's spurious information to go on at best, and it doesn't change much in my mind.

If the injury happened as the result of him getting apprehended, its a freak accident and no fault of the officers.  If they beat him up after the fact, they were wrong.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Oh I would not count on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is there an iota of evidence in the linked stories?  And tell me why the Baltimore P.D. isn't putting this information out there if it is true?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I saw this story saying he was in a car accident and had surgery a week before.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most people in this thread have asked ".for legit sources.  I don't think we're "collectively jump[ing] on this without a shred of evidence".
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Its not going to stop the riots or looting, and nobody will ever convince the masses here that the cops werent on a murderous rampage. I do however hope this is confirmed true.
View Quote

The death was just another excuse to riot, trash and loot. I doubt the people behind these riots would have given any of the dead the sweat off their ballsack while they were still alive.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I wonder what Freddie's out of pocket for the operation was.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Where is there an iota of evidence in the linked stories?  And tell me why the Baltimore P.D. isn't putting this information out there if it is true?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was in a car accident back in 2006.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=010100353062006&detailLoc=DSCIVIL

The supposed surgery was because of a car accident he was in.

Also, on the link to the story, they posted images of records of the settlement he got from that accident being converted into a lump sum, which could very well have been used for spinal surgery.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sean Hannity asked the family attorney about this last night on Fox News, and the family attorney completely denied it.  (He also accused conservatives of not caring about black people)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You probably won't.

TC

He didn't say it wasn't true, he said he had not been made aware of ian any surgery.
He did a GREAT job of making sure he wasn't wrapped up in a lie by pleading ignorance NOT denying the allegation.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

They wouldn't want to report that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Obviously his doctor (probably white!) and the cops planned it all out in advance so they could kill him and cover it up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coming off my second back surgery in January, I call BS.  And mine were about as least invasive as they come.  You still end up with very noticeable scars.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
http://thefourthestate.co/2015/04/breaking-freddy-gray-had-spine-surgery-just-one-week-before-arrest/

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/.../did-freddie-gray.../

Bama_shooter posted these in the Baltimore thread.

Not sure if verified, but will be a great plot twist if true.
View Quote

No , it really won't. The looters and rioters don't care about facts. We saw as much with St. Skittles and Mr. Swisher Sweet. The damage is done the narrative is out. Any facts will not change that. The police who are suspended/ facing charges  may do a sigh of relief but in the big picture it doesn't change much if anything.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Under normal circumstances it's pretty danged difficult to snap someone's spine.  I mean it take a serious amount of effort and training to pull it off.  So if the Dearly Departed was out and about with a week old cervical fusion and no neck collar that would make it exceptionally easy to to just that.  The autopsy report should tell the tale.  They'll still barbecue the arresting officers just because the Mayor of Baltimore is more into community organizing than anything else.  
View Quote

You guys train for the technical aspects of spine snapping in the academy? This isn't going to look good in court.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Coming off my second back surgery in January, I call BS.  And mine were about as least invasive as they come.  You still end up with very noticeable scars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mother had a C6-C7 fusion about 10 weeks ago, you can barely see the scar. The incision is just to the right of the trachea and about an inch long, it was closed with glue so there are no stitches or staples. She went home a day after the surgery with no brace and the only restriction was "Take it easy for a week or so." she is closer to 70 than 60 and was back to work in a week.

I'm betting if a person with a similar surgery was running from and fighting with the police they prolly wouldn't notice.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The death was just another excuse to riot, trash and loot. I doubt the people behind these riots would have given any of the dead the sweat off their ballsack while they were still alive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The looters don't give a hairy rat's ass about the truth of what happened to Gray.  Whether it was Gray's fault or the PD's fault is a thought that never entered their small minds.  All they saw was a ready made reason to stick it to the man or something, and they seized the opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do officers check for scars before apprehending a suspect?  Do officers even check for scars or other signs of surgery after they slap the cuffs on you?

Just curious how the cops would see a scar on a fleeing suspect?  

IMHO if a suspect is able to run his ass away from me then i am not going to even dream they just had spinal surgery.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=010100353062006&detailLoc=DSCIVIL

Also, on the link to the story, they posted images of records of the settlement he got from that accident being converted into a lump sum, which could very well have been used for spinal surgery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wonder how likely that left long term risks... he was running from Cops right?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

They can't really make that knowledge public themselves, can they? With HIPPA (HIPAA?) or whatever.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top