Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/29/2009 9:24:48 PM EDT
First off,I am sober as a judge and I am a little apprehensive to post this..but It happened so what
the hell..

I was winding my day up and I went outside to lock up and I was standing on my drive and I heard something just now that was surreal..

Off in the distance alongside a creek which is fairly unreachable unless you walk through
the creek and through a thicket and across a couple of fences..About 700 yards from where
I was by line of sight..This area is locally known to have been a Native American Indian Camp because of where it was located and there have been remains exhumed after kids have found them while swimming in the creek..

In the 1990's they replaced some of the remains back into the earth and placed a monument..

There is NO DOUBT in this world I heard the sounds of Native Americans SINGING and Chanting...You could hear children laughing,playing and adults singing and laughing...You could hear clapping and what sounded like drums or beating...

It lasted for about 1 minute to 45 seconds and it was over but the "volume" faded with the wind as it blew
the trees across an area of a 6 foot privacy fence which is about 400 yards long..

Where I live there are and have been several Native American burial mounds and sites established..Some recognized by large Native American Tribes as their own people..

This happened at 12:58 AM est...I went out right as Bill O'riley was ending his show..

Craziest shit I have ever,ever experienced

Flame away...I don't give a shit!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Could there be some type of Native American Ritual going on? Might be the wind was blowing the right direction to bring the sound in your direction.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Creepy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Chanting and drums. Sounds like the beginning of a hippy drum circle infestation.

But in all seriousness I've had my own weird experiences so I won't flame you. That does sound kinda creepy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
did you blade?

man that IS some freaky stuff! i have experienced several things in my life that just cant be explained and it scared the ever living shit out of me when they happened.

could there have been a ceremony going on back there? i mean how accessible is the area that it came from?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
no blading @ 45

YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY INDIAN BURIAL GROUND!! YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY DRUMS!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Could there be some type of Native American Ritual going on? Might be the wind was blowing the right direction to bring the sound in your direction.

this

otherwise

lay off the acid
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Woah.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Where in TN?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Go back inside and order some ammo, you'll feel better.

You're working toooo hard.  All work and no play makes gunsforhire a dull boy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Skinwalkers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#13]
It could have been a lot of things , the way the wind was blowing through the leaves made it sound like people.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#14]
skinwalkers      Be sure to call out to them next time; "yee nadlooshii"
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
did you blade?

man that IS some freaky stuff! i have experienced several things in my life that just cant be explained and it scared the ever living shit out of me when they happened.

could there have been a ceremony going on back there? i mean how accessible is the area that it came from?

No way..Not in this area at 1am unless they walked through 700 yards through the woods and into a thicket
after crossing a creek with kids..

It was fairly loud but there was no echo,No lights,no talking or other noise..Just the singing and laughing..

You could hear one sound out who was louder than the others and the children..

I bladed at 180 and ran my ass through the house...But after I realized what I had done..I went back out to see if I could hear anything else...But there was nothing...

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

First off,I am sober as a judge and I am a little apprehensive to post this..but It happened so what
the hell..

I was winding my day up and I went outside to lock up and I was standing on my drive and I heard something just now that was surreal..

Off in the distance alongside a creek which is fairly unreachable unless you walk through
the creek and through a thicket and across a couple of fences..About 700 yards from where
I was by line of sight..This area is locally known to have been a Camp because of where it was
located and there have been remains exhumed after kids have found them while swimming in the
creek..

In the 1990's they replaced some of the remains back into the earth and placed a monument..

There is NO DOUBT in this world I heard the sounds of Native Americans SINGING and Chanting...You could hear children laughing,playing and adults singing and laughing...You could hear clapping and what sounded like drums or beating...

It lasted for about1 minute to 45 seconds and it was over but the "volume" faded with the wind as it blew
the trees across an area of a 6 foot privacy fence which is about 400 yards long..

Where I live there are and have been several Native American burial mounds and sites established..Some recognized by large Native American Tribes
as their own people..

This happened at 12:58 AM est...I went out right as Bill O'riley was ending his show..

there coming to scalp you for desecrating their burial grounds
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#17]
happened to me when I was a kid, but as I grew older I figures it was just my imagination. Our farm once had Indians for sure. 3 gallons of arrowheads were found in early 1900's. Maybe it wasn't.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Very common occurrence.  A similar thing happens on Civil War battlefields all the time.

There are aspects of time (as we view it) and alternate planes of existence (parallel dimensions, etc.) that are the cause of this, I think.  We just don't have anything close to an understanding of it, yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go back inside and order some ammo, you'll feel better.

You're working toooo hard.  All work and no play makes gunsforhire a dull boy.

Yeah, No shit..I was about to hit the rack and get some shuteye ..Now I am on the hook for starting
this thread!...

There was no way this was some arbitrary noise caused by the wind...But the last time I went out
there was not even a breeze blowing...

Strange!..

I don't know about any 'skinwalkers' but it was something..

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#20]
If I were you I'd start drinking....heavily.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Why not take a walk over there .

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I am going to go talk with my neighbor first light to see if I can access his land
and see if he has ever heard anything back there...
I got to hit the rack...

Wish me luck!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Very common occurrence.  A similar thing happens on Civil War battlefields all the time.

There are aspects of time (as we view it) and alternate planes of existence (parallel dimensions, etc.) that are the cause of this, I think.  We just don't have anything close to an understanding of it, yet.

I agree. There are things in this world that are way beyond our understanding.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I beieve you. I once had a ghost visit me in an old house I lived in, and although I had nothing but skeptics to talk to, it ended up visiting one of them too. Sorta freaked everyone out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#27]
This thread needs vacuumflux.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Cool shit. There are many things in this world that are not yet fully understood.

"Paranormal" occurrences like that are one of them. Whether it may be caused by spirits, residual energy or planes of time crossing each other at a certain point in space, we really don't know, but I believe the experiences are usually real and just not understood.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the hell..

I was by line of sight..This area is locally known to have been a Camp because of where it was
located and there have been remains exhumed after kids have found them while swimming in the
creek..

It lasted for about1 minute to 45 seconds and it was over but the "volume" faded with the wind as it blew

Where I live there are and have been several Native American burial mounds and sites established..Some recognized by large Native American Tribes
as their own people..

there coming to scalp you for desecrating their burial grounds

50% isn't too bad, I guess.

Damn i got busted by the
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Nothing freaky about some one playing music.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. There are things in this world that are way beyond our understanding.

True. How anyone can believe this shit is beyond my understanding.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#32]
When I was younger we spent some time camping in an old creek bottom, we were sitting out in front of the tent one night just listening to all the noise when everything got quiet. About a minute after that we all heard horses running up the creek bottom, complete with splashing and men yelling. That creek had been dry due to drought for about 2 years at that point and its still dry 98% of the time, noise went right in front of our camp and then faded off, we never saw anything. I've been back several times and its never happened again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

When I was younger we spent some time camping in an old creek bottom, we were sitting out in front of the tent one night just listening to all the noise when everything got quiet. About a minute after that we all heard horses running up the creek bottom, complete with splashing and men yelling. That creek had been dry due to drought for about 2 years at that point and its still dry 98% of the time, noise went right in front of our camp and then faded off, we never saw anything. I've been back several times and its never happened again.

Damn. That's freaky.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Do you often lick toads?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh what a bunch of bullshit!!! You were obviously imagining this.....

No one can afford a 400 yard long privacy fence! Have you ever priced 'em?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#37]
No blading, no drawdown=fail
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#38]
A couple years ago I was backpacking in April during the spring thaw.  I camped out near a creek and I sometime in the evening I heard a man and kid (girl?) laughing from the direction of the main trail.  I thought for sure I was going to have company at the campsite but nobody ever showed up.  In the morning I checked the trail and the only footprints either way (was slush the day before and frozen solid in the morning) were my own from the night before.

I read a story about hearing things around creeks, the water trickling around and making funny noises.  I think that's what I heard, but damn if it didn't sound just like a man and child laughing and talking.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#39]
I love these threads!  The only problem is they make me wish some strange, inexplicable, paranormal thing would happen to me, just like the people posting in them experience.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Skinwalker thread.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I love these threads!  The only problem is they make me wish some strange, inexplicable, paranormal thing would happen to me, just like the people posting in them experience.

Fact: I have never experienced anything paranormal, supernatural, or otherwise unexplainable.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Schizophrenia. Da na naaaaaaaaa......
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#43]
ive been in the supernatural ''shit'' before. fuckin sucks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

ive been in the supernatural ''shit'' before. fuckin sucks.

Go on...

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

the hell..

creek..

as their own people..

I'm not gonna flame you.  Sounds like your consciousness was aware of a different time while simultaneously aware of your body in this time.  It may be that at one point in your life you were one of those people and you were for a short period of time aware of both lives simultaneously.

Quoted:
This thread needs vacuumflux.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Who ya gonna call?????????????????
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Pretty much it.  What you experienced could best be described as something leaking or bleeding through a ripple in spacetime.....this little event allowed something from what we consider "the past" to blur into the present.

Most likely you heard an event in the past as it is happening now........then.  Get it?  Me neither....but that is what happened.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow..weird. I remember when I rented a small 2 story house out in the middle of NOWHERE in the adirondak mtn park, NY. and it was the first friday night that I had been staying there, i was outside chilling out with some friends tinkering with my truck, with the radio on. Well all my friends had left and I was getting ready to head inside..turned the radio off..and then I heard..hooves like horses and I can hear the horses neighing(sp?) and yelling/ hooping and hollering..I looked in the direction it was coming from, about a mile down the road and over the trees I could see big licks of flame..so I stood and stared and listened(you know the frozen in fear can't do anything but stare position) for about 5 minutes before I took a ride on my 4 wheeler down the road and..I felt retarded because I didn't know I lived about a mile away from the only rodeo in upstate NY. But..we won't get into my experiences as a teenager in my parents house which was bordered by land used for a Revolutionary War cemetery..
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Who ya gonna call?????????????????

I gonna call Da Bunny!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I can believe it. I have had my own experience while out and about. The only thing that comforts me is a saying from my great grandfather..."it ain't the dead ones you have to worry about, it's the live ones".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top