Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2002 9:55:42 AM EDT
Which do you prefer?

Or, do you just dispense with the niceties and say F@ckin?

@= letter U
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#1]
freakin'
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Frikkin
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't make up my fuckin mind. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can't make up my fuckin mind. [;)]
View Quote

YUP![50]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, I don't see how there is any difference. When you say freak or frick or whatever you want to say, what you really mean is fuck. So why not just come out and say it? It means the same thing doesn't it? If you don't want to say fuck, then why say anything at all?

I don't curse around my mom, so I just quit cursing. I don't replace the words with darn or crap because they mean the same fucking thing. A word by itself is nothing, it is the meaning that they imply that is something. Freak = Frig = Frick = Fuck
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Honestly, I don't see how there is any difference. When you say freak or frick or whatever you want to say, what you really mean is fuck. So why not just come out and say it? It means the same thing doesn't it? If you don't want to say fuck, then why say anything at all?

I don't curse around my mom, so I just quit cursing. I don't replace the words with darn or crap because they mean the same fucking thing. A word by itself is nothing, it is the meaning that they imply that is something. Freak = Frig = Frick = Fuck
View Quote

I basically agree.

I have two modes generally.  Clean and Dirty--depending on company.  

I'll use the euphemism when around polite company rather than use the real deal.  If in a formal setting, I'll avoid all of it.  

But general company and friends get the uncensored version--I'm pretty much a potty mouth.    
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm pretty much a potty mouth.    
View Quote

No shit, I'm the worlds worst. You should hear me when I get pissed off. I can rattle em out faster than R. Lee Ermey.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh, poop!
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Frack!

I disagree with the "theory of equal weighed word substitutions".

Is is rude to mean a word or is it rude to SAY a word.  Heck, instead of verbal restraint, I guess we should just let it all hang out!  After all it means the same thing! Right!

Sorry.  Piss is a little cruder then pee-pee, fornicate is a little cleaner than f@ck, and poo won't get you in trouble from your grandmother like $hit will!

I can say "frick'n frackin' piece o' crud" around my mom and she doesn't care.  If I used the "so called" substituted words, she would have a hissy fit.

Gosh dang you frickin sensitive pieces of crud!  [;)]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#10]
You left out fuggin'...

but the proper one is friggin'...  my DI's told me so.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmm, I always like the phraseology from the movie "Johnny Dangerously."

"Fargin'", as in "You Fargin' Bastidges" and "You Fargin' Iceholes."
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#12]
effing.
as a once-sometimes teacher, i decided if one slipped out(it happens), and the kids knew what it meant, no harm done. and if they didnt know, no harm done. i try to keep it to a minimum, it just aint very effin nice, durnit!
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#13]
frellin------------care of farscape
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry.  Piss is a little cruder then pee-pee, fornicate is a little cleaner than f@ck, and poo won't get you in trouble from your grandmother like $hit will!

I can say "frick'n frackin' piece o' crud" around my mom and she doesn't care.  If I used the "so called" substituted words, she would have a hissy fit.
View Quote

Why would you say "frick'n frackin'" at all? If you don't want to curse around your mom then don't curse.  

Around my friends I might say, "I hate that motherfucker", but around my mom I would say, "I really don't like that guy".

What's the purpose of substitute curse words? I don't get it. It all seems kind of childish. If you don't like cussing then that's fine, I can understand someone not wanting to hear certain words because they are offensive, but when I hear a grown man gosh darning, and freaking I just kind of giggle inside. Either cuss or don't but please make up your damn mind.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would you say "frick'n frackin'" at all? If you don't want to curse around your mom then don't curse.  

View Quote

I hardly ever do.

Around my friends I might say, "I hate that motherfucker", but around my mom I would say, "I really don't like that guy".
View Quote

I never talk that way around my friends.  That is the whole point of substitutes.  I can be in the habit of saying freakin' this or that, but not have to worry about saying the real thing.

What's the purpose of substitute curse words?
View Quote

They are used in place of real cuss words.

I don't get it. It all seems kind of childish. If you don't like cussing then that's fine, I can understand someone not wanting to hear certain words because they are offensive, but when I hear a grown man gosh darning, and freaking I just kind of giggle inside.
View Quote

I guess I'd rather make a few guys giggle inside than offend the people who are present.

Either cuss or don't but please make up your damn mind.
View Quote

OK, I won't cuss.  I'll substitute made up words that make me feel better, and convey the depth of feeling I have for that particular subject. [:D]

To prove your theory wrong, I submit this experience that happened to me in high school:

I was in class and we were discussing liberals.  It was a Christian school and most people there were rather conservative.  I said somthing to the effect of "Gosh, dang, liberals...", and my teacher thought that was over the top.  I'm sure it was, after all, I was in a High School classroom.

Instead of saying, "Don't talk that way!", the teacher said, "You might as well say the real thing, because that is what you really mean".

So I repeated my sentance only used "Goddamn" instead.  Instead of approval over my "honest" portrayal of how I feel about liberals, she marched me down to the principals office.

She claimed that I had "cussed in class" and told the principal what I had said.  

I told the principal that the teacher had given me permission to use that language because she didn't punish me for saying "gosh darn", and noted that I might as well say the real thing.  The principal told the teacher that it is less offensive to substitute, and told me I had detention.

I am much older now, but I still hear things like that, and it doesn't stand up to everyday reasoning.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I always try to say " Golley gee wiz "!

I never use the word fuck.

Aw fuckin god damn it, I just did it for the first fuckin time.
Shit.[V]

Fuck you for making this thread!
View Quote

I too NEVER use the Fuck word.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#18]
sailors do not fucking cuss.

much.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
sailors do not fucking cuss.

much.
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]Frig
From the Middle English for 'wriggle' or the Old French for 'rub'. Sometimes used as a euphemism for 'Fuck', at other times used to mean 'masturbate'; usually only seen as a gerundive (or verbal adjective) 'frigging'. The Sex Pistols did a version of The Good Ship Venus with the chorus 'Frigging in the rigging 'cos there's fuck all else to do'. [/b]

I used to be a pseudo-punker...this  backs my reasoning to use the word "friggin" or "frigging".

Link Posted: 9/23/2002 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
frellin------------care of farscape
View Quote

Can I get a Hell Yeah?

Oh, and this is fuckin' stupid poll.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#23]
[url=http://home.primus.com.au/Lopez/joke1.htm]fuck[/url]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#24]
what the fuck is the use of wasting all that good emotion just to substitute with a damn nice almost-swear word?Unless you at the dinner table at thanksgiving dinner on inside of your house of worship say what on your damn filthy fucking mind.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#25]
[b][blue][size=5]DO YOU KISS YOUR MOTHER WITH THAT MOUTH?[/size=5][/blue][/b]

IBTL!
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[b][blue][size=5]DO YOU KISS YOUR MOTHER WITH THAT MOUTH?[/size=5][/blue][/b]

IBTL!
View Quote

[size=4]Go frock yourself![/size=4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#27]
This Thread is a waste of [b]FUCKING[/b] Resources!

IBTL!
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#28]
What was the f**king question again?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top