Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 3:46:00 PM EDT
is stating that since Barry Care does not go into effect until 2015 lawsuits over it forcing us to buy insurance should be held off till then.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

is stating that since Barry Care does not go into effect until 2015 lawsuits over it forcing us to buy insurance should be held off till then.

sounds about right why would you want your plan shot down as unconstitutional while you have a re election to win

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Big City Thinking!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a feeling all the nasty stuff in it will get cut out and turn it into a giant gift to the insurance companies.

Rates will go up, people will have to pay, businesses themselves will make B.S. plans not to pay, and no individual will be able to opt out.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as my Tax returns are concerned I think that train of thought is a little off
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As far as my Tax returns are concerned I think that train of thought is a little off

Indeed.

In other news, they forgot to include a severance clause in the bill.  If the individual mandate does get successfully challenged; it may just bring the whole bill down.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And the surprise prize is?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee, I don't know, maybe they should have cut AZ some slack. Maybe not sue them until it was proved that they did something wrong. Did I really type that? What am I saying, this is Barry and his happy band of autocratic communists. I should have known.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Same thing applied to Campaign Finance Reform.

In most cases, you have to actually have been harmed by something, in order to get standing to sue.

It's going to get de-funded this January, and the 1099 provision will be up for repeal, anyhow....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a feeling all the nasty stuff in it will get cut out and turn it into a giant gift to the insurance companies.

Rates will go up, people will have to pay, businesses themselves will make B.S. plans not to pay, and no individual will be able to opt out.

I believe that it was written by insurance company lobbyists so I wouldn't be surprised.  And people will still say the demoncrap party is the party of the people.  Fucking clueless sheep.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't want Obamacare fixed.  I don't want it patched.  I don't want it amended.

I want it repealed in its entirety.

[
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't want Obamacare fixed.  I don't want it patched.  I don't want it amended.

I want it repealed in its entirety.

This
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, I don't know, maybe they should have cut AZ some slack. Maybe not sue them until it was proved that they did something wrong. Did I really type that? What am I saying, this is Barry and his happy band of autocratic communists. I should have known.
it would be hard for a judge to deny that one.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In most cases, you have to actually have been harmed by something, in order to get standing to sue.

It's going to get de-funded this January, and the 1099 provision will be up for repeal, anyhow....

States' authority was injured upon passage, not implementation.  Also, generally, the Court tends to be fairly liberal with states' standing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

States' authority was injured upon passage, not implementation.  Also, generally, the Court tends to be fairly liberal with states' standing.

Also, our pocket books ARE being harmed as Insurance companies are rushing to increase rates based on the passage of this lunacy. While I am no JD it sure seems to me that harm is being had by all currently.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:13:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

In other news, they forgot to include a severance clause in the bill.  If the individual mandate does get successfully challenged; it may just bring the whole bill down.

For real??  That's pretty good news.

How on earth did all those lawyers and aides miss something as simple as this??
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:22:21 AM EDT
[#16]
But since the taxes are collected up to that point, this should be resolved fast since the collection of these taxes could be unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Until then we'll just keep paying for it.    

Fuck that
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#18]
REPEAL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Neal Bortz was talking about the 10-99 provision this morning....the Dems are using a rule that says a repeal  will need a 2/3 vote to pass...they don't have it so the 10-99 rule is here to stay.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top