Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 1:41:15 PM EDT
This is the first news report I have heard that was acurate.

It stated that although the assault weapons ban has expired, there will still
be no hayday for dealers and buyers.  Weapons like the AK-47 and UZI will still
be Ban under the import ban.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could have seen it...any details?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They didn't go into a lot of detail but they did say the ban expired at midnight TONIGHT!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, the AK-47 and the Uzi won't be imported, that's right.

But I bought a weapons LIKE the AK last year, and you can buy a weapon LIKE the uzi from Vector.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

But I bought a weapons LIKE the AK last year, and you can buy a weapon LIKE the uzi from Vector.

If it's made in america, or has X number of american parts you can buy it with ALL the evil features!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They didn't go into a lot of detail but they did say the ban expired at midnight TONIGHT!!!

Ill settle for someone putting Finswine Straight even if they mess up the Date..  Actually.. For some reason a lot of folks are confused about the date..

We all know there wont be any change in the sales of AK Clones, Im just happy
someone is shooting down the "Flood the Streets" propaganda.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Uma Pimaranju(sp) reported in the "between the news" news blurbs the information posted above.  I nearly had a heart attack! They finally got it right.

SOB! Britt Hume just said that none of the guns effected by the ban will spray bullets like a machine gun! They are indeed GETTING IT!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think the point is An UZI, the real deal is full auto, and AK the real deal is full auto. And we really don't want people to belive these where part of the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the point is An UZI, the real deal is full auto, and AK the real deal is full auto. And we really don't want people to belive these where part of the AWB.

Good Point
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I think some of our EMs may have struck a chord with them. Seems like their reporting on the AWB has changed throughout the day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]

I'm told that Fox does seem to be more conservative-friendly than the others. I never watch the others, so I don't know.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#11]
The wifez0r was speaking w/one of the wifez0r friends who mimicked one of the news reports and brought up the Uzi.  The wifez0r just straightlaced, "The Uzi?  It's very nice, quite reliable...if we had enough money we'd probably have one."  The friend was in near-shock, "The Uzi?"  "Yes, the Uzi, have you ever fired one?  I have....I've been trained on it.  There's a good reason the Secret Service have used it so much.  But the TV report is misleading though and they have no idea what they're talking about...[then goes on to spread the truth]"

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked the film footage earlier on FOX showing the Cop trying to shoot the TEC-9, it'd fail to feed about every 3rd. round, so much for being a "bullet hose", LOL.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Funniest thing was, during Neil Cavuto's program, there was footage of some cops with a TEC9. The footage showed the gun jamming twice, the cop removed the magazine, shook a round loose, replaced the mag, recocked the action and finally the POS fired.  They had this footage in a loop, so it played twice.  I was in tears over the "deadly assault weapon".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top