Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2002 9:30:30 AM EDT
Sometimes the direct approach is the best...

Fox News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10036
Phone: 212-556-2500
Web: [url]www.foxnews.com[/url]  

Brian Lewis, Senior Vice President
Corporate Communications
Phone: 212-301-3331
Fax: 212-819-0816
Email: [email][email protected][/email]

Irena Steffen, Senior Director
Public Relations
Phone: 212-301-3608
Fax: 212-819-0816
E-Mail: [email][email protected][/email]

[url]www.newscorp.com/management/foxnewschannel.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
whats the problem....the segment i saw, they just showed what kind of weapons the guy "might" be .  that included 3 others besides the AR15.  Have i missed somthing?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have voiced my displeasure at showing a table full of 'might be' weapons, but waving the AR around like a flag, and asking the public to report any info on anyone that they know owns one.
'fair and balanced' my ass.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
You boys might be a little mistaken, but I'll try to clear it up for you:
[i]It's the job of the press to report the facts.[/i]
If some anti-gun FBI/ATF JBT decides, during a press conference concerning a serial killer(s), to hold up a weapon and say that they might be using this here sniper/assault weapon, it's the press' job to show us that.
How they comment upon/spin that bit of news is what separates the press from "journalists."
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#4]
i never heard them say," report anyone you know with a weapon like this."  where did you hear that?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Here:[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,64810,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow what a role reversal! MSNBC has none of the gun waving scenes on their webpage regarding the shooting.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[i]It's the job of the press to report the facts.[/i]
View Quote

Well, so far, they have reported NO FACTS except that 5 people are dead.  The fact is that they have no idea what kind of rifle was used.  The press hasn't reported that, instead they keep harping on the AR15 type rifles.  

Why can't the press report that this FBI agent holding up an AR15 for photo ops is just that and he has no clue?  That's a fact.

The fact is that the rifle being used is most likely a bolt action rifle.  

It's irresponsible for the authorities to speculate like this and just as irresponsible for the media to buy into it.  That's a fact.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder how much money Ruger paid the chief not to have the Mini-14 on that list?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top