Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 7:48:54 AM EDT
Four Grandmothers Beaten With Hammer in Beauty Parlor Attck
Saturday, August 11, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. —  A 41-year-old man stormed a beauty salon and bludgeoned four grandmothers with a hammer, fracturing one's skull, before making off with less than $90, police said.

Thomas Leyshon III, of Mountain Top, was arrested after a daylong manhunt Friday.

The women, aged 56 to 76, did not resist but were beaten anyway, witnesses said. At least one required surgery.

"It takes a coward to go after some old women," said Andy Chopka, grandson of victim Jeanna Chopka.

Authorities allege Leyshon attacked a co-owner of Hairem Family Hair and Nail Care while demanding money from the register and the women's purses.

"This is a completely senseless act of brutality against women who were doing nothing more than spending a day at the beauty parlor," prosecutor David Lupas said. "These are ... the most vulnerable of victims."

Leyshon was being held Saturday on $100,000 bail. It was not immediately clear if he had a lawyer.

The victims were treated at hospitals for head and facial injuries.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
HAMMERTIME!

HE needs to die NOW!
And painfully, at that!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
If only one of them had grabbed up a can of hairspray and a Bic lighter, justice would be swift.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#4]
but...but.....they were at the beauty parlor.....i mean why would anyone want to go about armed in their daily life?

Crime "isnt" suppost to happen in these places.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
It takes a very brave man to attack women that way.      
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#6]
TSSS

tortureshootshoveshutup
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Wonder which one sent the Nigerians an ANUS Computer?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Tag to see pics of Thomas Leyshon III.  I'm curious.  

Overweight white guy.

Sorry to dissapoint you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I view this shitbird the same way I view the assfucker who clocked an old man in the back of the head in a McDonald's and mugged him: experimental surgery volunteers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Hang him and then ban all hammers because it was obviously the hammer's fault.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Overweight white guy.

Sorry to dissapoint you.

What's that all about?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If any of those women had been my grandmother, that guy would need a helluva lot more than a lawyer.

Like a mortician.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#13]
dupe!!!!11!!

Hey I haven't gotten to pull a dupe call in a while..Plus i did a search beore starting MY thread
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#14]
After they recover, equip all four old ladies with their choice of ballpeen or claw hammer.

Strip the guy down to his underwear, and turn them loose in him.

It'll take a putty knife and a firehose to clean up all that's left of Mr Leyshon.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Overweight white guy.

Sorry to dissapoint you.

What's that all about?

90% of the time somebody posts the question like that they're implying it's a black guy or hispanic guy.

If you didn't mean that, sorry I jumped to conclusions.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
dupe!!!!11!!

Hey I haven't gotten to pull a dupe call in a while..Plus i did a search beore starting MY thread

Well if we want to get picky i posted mine at   :: 8/12/2007 11:48:54 AM EDT

You posted your dupe at 8/13/2007 7:20:24 PM EDT

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It takes a very brave man to attack women that way.      

It takes a coward.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh shoot, I just got pwn3d.  My earlier search retrieved nothing using key words 'grandmother' and 'hammer'.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Overweight white guy.

Sorry to dissapoint you.

You had to ruin the fun.

Now I doubt this thread will get more than 2 pages. If he were black, probably 10. With most posts stating "I cant say what I really want because CoC..." or something similar.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#20]
$100,000 bail are you serious, anyone willing to bludgeon elderly women is a flight risk.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Overweight white guy.

Sorry to dissapoint you.

You had to ruin the fun.

Now I doubt this thread will get more than 2 pages. If he were black, probably 10. With most posts stating "I cant say what I really want because CoC..." or something similar.

It's Wilkes-Barre. Not a whole lot of minorities there. They're something like 7% of the population, all minority groups, combined.

-Mark
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
After they recover, equip all four old ladies with their choice of ballpeen or claw hammer.

Strip the guy down to his underwear, and turn them loose in him.

It'll take a putty knife and a firehose to clean up all that's left of Mr Leyshon.

My idea is better.

Put him in a stadium full of angry feminists. Tell him, "Mr. Leyshon, if you can get to the far end of the field,  you can go free."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top