Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2013 10:42:06 PM EDT
I just came across the new Zero Tolerance 0300BW Blackwash assisted folder. I have the 0301 tiger strip with green G10 handle
since it first came out in 2006, I believe, and I will be adding this one to my collection. I have beaten mine to hell and back and has held up exceptionally well!!!!

The design is to look worn and well used. I know I can accomplish this look in roughly a year or so, but why wait LOL
I can not wait to check this knife out and start carrying it. The following is the first paragraph from the Kershaw site about this wonderful knife

Our flagship knife looks great in our new blackwashed finish. The 0300BW looks like it's been serving you for years—like a battle-tested tool or a favorite pair of well-worn jeans. Blackwashing gives it an already-broken-in look. To make a blackwashed knife, knife components are Tungsten DLC (Diamond-like Carbon) coated, then tumbled to produce the distinctive ZT blackwash finish.

The 0300BW has all the features you expect from your ZT: extremely solid construction, premium materials, and sophisticated ergonomics. The blade is built of tough S30V stainless steel blade designed to provide the perfect combination of durability, wear resistance, and corrosion resistance. The blackwashed finish provides a non-reflective surface and helps emphasize the lines of the blade.
View Quote

My ZT 0301 that has obviously been sharpened a time or 2.

The new ZT 0300BW

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
oh fuck!

I have the 300

Now I want that sumbitch!

Wheres the cheapest price you have found?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
EDC HK45c and ZT0200 checking in
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
oh fuck!

I have the 300

Now I want that sumbitch!

Wheres the cheapest price you have found?
View Quote

Shoot me an IM so I remember to send you the link to the cheapest place when I find it.

I literally saw this and then posted so I have not looked yet except for some pics of it and the cheapest so far
is $272 and free shipping!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
You notice the rear titanium scale is tumbled as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You notice the rear titanium scale is tumbled as well.
View Quote

Yes, even more badass IMHO it does make
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Lotta money for a hunk of metal
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#8]
That's bad ass!! Will be shooting a link for that to the missus for my Christmas wish list.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its well worth every penny if you use and abuse a knife and use it for more then a knife.

My 0301 has seen me hammering it with a hammer to cut through a 1/2 inch think copper wire
and even using it as an impromptu reamer on a 1" thick plate of copper to make it so the bolts were flush.
It  has held up better then any other knife I have had. Emerson doesnt stand a chance IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Its well worth every penny if you use and abuse a knife and use it for more then a knife.

My 0301 has seen me hammering it with a hammer to cut through a 1/2 inch think copper wire

and even using it as an impromptu reamer on a 1" thick plate of copper to make it so the bolts were flush.

It  has held up better then any other knife I have had. Emerson doesnt stand a chance IMHO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, Emerson has some cool designs, and by most standards are really nice knives but for durability the difference is night and day.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I just bought the ZT0200 for my EDC. It's bulky, but I love it.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
The 0300bw is $259 on ebay.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd like to get one. If you do, please keep the electric sharpener away from it!

For those who already own an 0350, this finish is easily replicated with a $15 bottle of etching solution and some rocks from your landscaping.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 1:15:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#15]
For that "Thrown down the driveway" look... For those too lazy to throw it down the driveway themselves.

Gotta love the stonewashed look!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:08:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Emersons are ridiculously overrated.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:11:14 AM EDT
[#19]
nice knife.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:13:37 AM EDT
[#20]
That looks really nice. I have a ZT301 but don't carry it on a casual basis due to the size. My Kershaw Knockout fills that role nicely. For an end-of-the-world folder, Zero Tolerance is hard to beat.

Angry knives!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top