Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2003 11:24:24 AM EDT
Radio stations all play their commercials at the same time! Can't a good song if I skip around this time. How evil is that?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Could be worse. They could all play the same Mariah Carey song at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#2]
When I say the title to this thread, I almost thought you'd been sneaking around MY place.

I'm CONSTANTLY being accused of being a part of some conspiracy or another.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Could be worse. They could all play the same Mariah Carey song at the same time.
View Quote

Did ya HAVE to bring up that name in my thread?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#4]
nothing new...broadcast TV and cable do it all the time....even the morning tv news...channel 2,4,5,7,9, and 11....

they all run the same stories...it just makes you want to scream out your bloody window...."...and im not gonna take it anymore!!"  

Thats why its called "programming".

or

"we are sorry to temporarily interrupt this program..."
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Did ya HAVE to bring up that name in my thread?
View Quote
Sorry. Like I said, it could be worse!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if it still done this way, but radio stations used to be on a 20min cycle.
All of the contests would keep you hanging on until after the 20min mark.

Most radio stations will be playing commercials at the 20min. mark.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it just me, or does it seem that the volume on commercials is really LOUD.  I will be watching something at a comfortable volume, then WHAM, a commercial comes on and I am almost blown off the couch.  Geez.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I have no clue what you are talking about.

Get XM radio - there will be no going back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Here in metro Detroit, 4 of the 5 stations I listen to will all be playing commercials at 10 minutes before the hour. Depending on the station and competition, the commercials last different amounts of time (commericals on WRIF go FOREVER).

Luckily there is one station (106.7 The Drive) that I think purposely plays music when WRIF is on its 10-minutes-before-the-hour-15-minute-commerical-marathon.

So I listen to the Drive a lot more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top