Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/19/2008 4:55:22 PM EDT
I found an 07 KTM 450 EXC with a bit over 100miles on it and 37 hours. It is in good cosmetic shape all in all. The guy wants 5200 for it.

I am very familiar with automotive engines, and it almost sounds like the bike has some rod knock or something. Are these engines typically noisy?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:18:42 PM EDT
I had an '07 myself and yes it is a good bike...If you buy it and it has not been done already cut the "restrictor" out of the stock can and add a JD Jet Kit and you will have a whole new bike power wise...They are really choked down stock and very lean in order to make emissions.....Mine did chatter a little bit, without hearing it I can't say if yours is normal or a problem..

Go Here for KTM info..
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:23:13 PM EDT
Here is a pic of mine before I sold it...I put Behr racing rims and Pilot Powers on it for the street, that combo was a ticket looking for a place to happen....

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:34:55 PM EDT
Thanks for the board link, but those admin pukes won't let me use my gmail account.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:34:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CSM:
Thanks for the board link, but those admin pukes won't let me use my gmail account.

yeah, I ended up using an e-mail addy that belonged to a freind just to get registered...I think they are just trying to keep spammers out by doing that, they are also keeping potential members out as well...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:55:58 PM EDT
100 miles in 37 hrs. ???/

I call BS on milage.

It still doesn't sound like a bad deal, the milage just doesn't seem right unless they rode the "5 miles of hell" 20 times in a row.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:09:49 PM EDT
KTM is a good machine.
Keep up with the maint.!

Where is that boner icon?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:40:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By liquidsunshine:
100 miles in 37 hrs. ???/

I call BS on milage.

It still doesn't sound like a bad deal, the milage just doesn't seem right unless they rode the "5 miles of hell" 20 times in a row.

Well, maybe he idled for an hour before each mile?
Top Top