Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/22/2016 11:47:10 AM EDT
I bet that went over like a fart in church.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Fort-Worth-Pastor-says-he-ll-pray-for-God-to-8318359.php

After 49 people were killed at a gay nightclub in Orlando last week, a Sacramento pastor faced harsh criticism after he praised the gunman for his actions and now, a Fort Worth man has stood up for the California church leader, saying everyone who died was a pervert.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Also, this retard chimed in too.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
It seems to me that any and every "Christian" preacher who calls for the death of homosexuals is a closeted self-loathing queer.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
They are just repeating what is in their little book
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#4]
He's right. GOD will finish everything.

But this guy isn't GOD. How full of yourself do you have to be to predetermine what GOD thinks?

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate people sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's wait and see if his prophecy is false. If so, false prophets are commanded to be stoned.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Rightttt....
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#9]
This is why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
They're reading the wrong Testament then. Nothing in the New Testament calls for killing of homosexuals or anyone else, and that's the one Christians are supposed to follow. The Old Testament is to be studied but not followed.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#11]
And as a conservative baptist man, I would like to say this guy is an idiot.  That is not how any of this works.  He needs to shut up.

*and he doesn't speak for Baptists.  He is a fringe looner.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#12]
All over the news hear. That guy is a shitbag, and an ISIS sympathizer. Many fucks be upon him.

I do however respect his right to free speech.

Here's my free speech comment: Fuck you, you dickless son of a bitch.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#13]
In the absence of religion, good people will continue to do good things. Bad people will continue to do bad things.

To get good people to do really bad things, for that you need a religion.

The sooner your Bronze Age superstitions go away, the better off our species will be. Maybe we'll get a little peace around here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

nope. Point to where in the New Testament it advocates the killing of gays. I'll wait.

The correct reading of the scriptures would be "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

nothing in the New Testament in my copy of the Bible advocates killing folks because of their sexuality.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
nope. Point to where in the New Testament it advocates the killing of gays. I'll wait.

The correct reading of the scriptures would be "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

nothing in the New Testament in my copy of the Bible advocates killing folks because of their sexuality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It does advocate not breaking bread with so called brothers who suffer with things like sexual immorality.  That is pretty harsh!

That is me being slightly funny and agreeing with you.  Not inviting people over for dinner is a far cry from killing them.  Pastor should read his Bible more.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They're reading the wrong Testament then. Nothing in the New Testament calls for killing of homosexuals or anyone else, and that's the one Christians are supposed to follow. The Old Testament is to be studied but not followed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the commandments in the old testament?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And as a conservative baptist man, I would like to say this guy is an idiot.  That is not how any of this works.  He needs to shut up.  

*and he doesn't speak for Baptists.  He is a fringe looner.  
View Quote

People need to understand that when you claim to represent or teach God's will, you'd best be 100% correct.  God doesn't take lightly to false teachers and makes it very clear in scripture that all teachers will be held accountable for their teachings.  I'd hate to have to answer for all of those poor souls I swayed with my false teaching when I stood in front of the Lord.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#18]
The bible is clear on homosexuality. It says homosexual's are an abomination. Do our Christian members agree with that statement?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

In the absence of religion, good people will continue to do good things. Bad people will continue to do bad things.
The sooner your Bronze Age superstitions go away, the better off our species will be. Maybe we'll get a little peace around here.
View Quote

I agree.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The bible is clear on homosexuality. It says homosexual's are an abomination. Do our Christian members agree with that statement?
View Quote

is 'abomination' the actual word used?

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since most people prefer the King James version, yes.

Leviticus 18:22King James Version (KJV)

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And then some:

Main article: Leviticus 18
Chapters 18 and 20 of Leviticus, which form part of the Holiness code and list prohibited forms of intercourse, contain the following verses:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Chapter 18 verse 22[1]
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Chapter 20 verse 13[2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Why is it always Baptists?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not hardly.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Independent.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think most on here who are Christians will agree that homosexuality is a sin and an "abomination". However, these preachers are saying its good that 49 people were
killed in a night club in Orlando. THAT is not a tenet of the Christian faith.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and a direct order form Jesus to obey them is in the New Testament.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Fort-Worth-Pastor-says-he-ll-pray-for-God-to-8318359.php

After 49 people were killed at a gay nightclub in Orlando last week, a Sacramento pastor faced harsh criticism after he praised the gunman for his actions and now, a Fort Worth man has stood up for the California church leader, saying everyone who died was a pervert.
View Quote

View Quote

He's not wrong.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I didn't realize you guys could just edit which texts apply at will.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

However, ALL sin is an abomination.

Adultery and lust are just as bad as homosex.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He's not wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong.

hahahahaha, one popped up
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you actually READ the New Testament, Jesus has some choice words about what does, and does not, continue to apply.  He did stop the stoning of the adulterous woman, remember?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#33]
What a sniveling cunt.  I wonder what skeletons are in his closet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong.

In California, no less.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Did anyone in the congregation stand up and walk out?  IMO that guy is no different than the radical muslims claiming to serve Allah's will.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck him
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did anyone in the congregation stand up and walk out?  IMO that guy is no different than the radical muslims claiming to serve Allah's will.
View Quote

Right, I'm sure he's planning a trip to the Castro District right now to shoot up some homos.  Get a grip.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you actually READ the New Testament, Jesus has some choice words about what does, and does not, continue to apply.  He did stop the stoning of the adulterous woman, remember?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you believe that the explicitly atheist communist Soviet Union had a religion that prompted the mass murder of its' citizens?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#40]
My surprise that it was Baptists saying this?

Zero

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
There is a special segment of 'Christians' that claim things like this. Apparently this guy is one of them. Also note this is an Independent Baptist church (where you get a lot of this nuttery), and they preach that using any Bible but the King James is also an abomination.

Frankly, I have a hard time resolving their hate and things like God's love, but that is between them and God.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Right, I'm sure he's planning a trip to the Castro District right now to shoot up some homos.  Get a grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's the one that said he prayed and will continue to pray for the death of the remaining hospitalized victims.  If a muslim said that GD would stroke out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It does advocate not breaking bread with so called brothers who suffer with things like sexual immorality.  That is pretty harsh!  

That is me being slightly funny and agreeing with you.  Not inviting people over for dinner is a far cry from killing them.  Pastor should read his Bible more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes and no.  The new testament does say that...but Paul was instructing Christians to shun Christians that willfilly engage in sin.  He made it very clear that "breaking bread" with unbelievers was expected

..how else do they hear about the Gospel?

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact that he hasn't simply means he either doesn't really believe what he is saying, or is too chickenshit to back his hate with actions.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deuteronomy 4:2
"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."

Matthew 5:17-19
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Yes and no.  The new testament does say that...but Paul was instructing Christians to shun Christians that willfilly engage in sin.  He made it very clear that "breaking bread" with unbelievers was expected   ..how else do they hear about the Gospel?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes and no.  The new testament does say that...but Paul was instructing Christians to shun Christians that willfilly engage in sin.  He made it very clear that "breaking bread" with unbelievers was expected   ..how else do they hear about the Gospel?

The sad fact is that many people who claim to be Christians wouldn't recognize Christ if he came to their house. Not that I am any better and don't have my own sins.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Good news is that he will be one of the first raptured away.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do you believe that the explicitly atheist communist Soviet Union had a religion that prompted the mass murder of its' citizens?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hitch has this one covered, so try again..
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
I am as conservative as you.  I can match you all the way.  And the Bible does state this.  But since stating this, there was a New Covenant.  Jesus said the greatest commandment was love the Lord.  The second is love your neighbor.  

These poor misguided souls will all be judged, just like I will.  That is between them and God.  Jesus does not command us, under the new covenant, to slay gay people.  He commanded us to love them.  In loving them with tough love, this does not mean we automatically approve of their lifestyle.

It will take a deep mind to grasp it is possible to love the poor gay souls who were murdered, while still disapproving of their lifestyle.  I whole heartedly disapprove of their life style.  I will gladly defend their deaths as Americans, though.  They did not deserve to be murdered, according to the new covenant.  I wouldn't necessarily break bread with all of them either.  Not saying I would rebuff all them either.  

There is an accountability level for each person.  These people in my opinion, were not deserving of slaughter, regardless of the fact that homosexuality is a Biblical abomination.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
Fringe looner baptists my friend.  I am baptist.  Strong southern baptist.  All that I know do not agree with the pastor in question.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top