Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2009 4:07:04 AM EDT
Some kid got it.

The Fort Worth Independent School District will temporarily close all schools until further notice, effective Thursday, April 30, 2009.  Schools will likely not reopen any sooner than Monday, May 11.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Insert OH NOES pic.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Dupe but I can't search GD any more so I'll leave you with this....

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]

I'm not complaining about the security measures but..............................

Doesn't this put a big strain on parents to find someone to watch the kiddies?

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a Fort Worth district bus driver in my store buying breakfast on his way to work this morning tell me they had to pick up kids that didn't get the news that school was closed so they can take them to the school administration building to call the parents and let them know the bus would be bringing their kids back home because the schools are closed. WTF???

Seems it would be easier to call the parents BEFORE time for school so they knew not to have the kids waiting for the bus., but what do I know?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:09:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not complaining about the security measures but..............................

Doesn't this put a big strain on parents to find someone to watch the kiddies?

Yes it does.  And, when this flu makes its way back through in the fall, people will be so fed up with the bs they won't take any precautions.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
They closed one down here in corpus christi Miller high school
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top