Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 10:01:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:02:13 PM EST by KA3B]
Issue Date: September 06, 2004

Soldiers allegedly paid bribes to pass PT

Three graduates of the Fort Sill Artillery Training Center in Oklahoma testified in a bribery trial that they paid money to ensure passing marks in their physical training tests.

Sgt. 1st Class Larry T. Jones and Staff Sgt. Kelvin L. Womack are accused of orchestrating a bribery scheme. Sgt. 1st Class Kenneth E. Robinson also has been charged with bribery.

Pvt. Chad Webb of Fort Campbell, Ky., testified Aug. 24 that he hid while his platoon conducted its final series of basic training tests. When asked by the military prosecutor, Capt. Kathleen Allred, if he still received passing marks, the soldier replied, “Yes, ma’am.”

Webb said he paid $600 for his “PT insurance” — a term commonly used by each witness. Pvt. Zachery Harper of Fort Sill; Daniel Gilman of the Army National Guard; and Webb each identified two other soldiers as contacts for buying “PT insurance.”

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-ARMYPAPER-322784.php
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:23:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:24:32 PM EST by R-32]
If you cant pass the P.T. test maybe you should have joined the NAVY!

Dumb asses paid up to $600.00?!?!?!?

It is sad to see the SRNCO's pull such a scam, That is not a way to look out for your soldiers, and I hope they get to spend some time thinking about that!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:26:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:13:46 AM EST
This, my friends, is a byproduct of too much to do, not enough time to do it.

I see it firsthand, twice a year.

And to be frank, the Navy's standards are a joke. No allowances for body type. This squid is built like an offensive lineman (6'6", big shoulders, etc.), and doesn't look outrageous at 300 lbs, but yet the Navy expects me weigh in like a Kate Moss waiflike 228.

Aint gonna happen. No way, no how. Unless I become a marathon runner.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:52:00 AM EST
bump
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:06:00 AM EST
These motherfuckers need to read the NCO creed again.

While they do that I wouldn't mind hitting them in the back of the head with a shovel when they get to the stanza that says "I will not use my grade or position to attain pleasure, profit or personal safety"
Top Top