Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/15/2007 8:57:10 AM EDT

Former teacher arrested in kidnapping, rape of boy

Jennifer Rice is seen in this booking photo released by the Pierce County Sheriff's Office.

TACOMA, Wash. -- A former elementary school teacher has been charged with kidnapping a 10-year-old student and is suspected of raping him multiple times.

Jennifer Rice, 31, was arrested Saturday and booked into the Pierce County Jail for investigation of kidnapping, five counts of first-degree child rape, and four counts of child molestation.

On Monday she pleaded not guilty in Pierce County Superior Court to a charge of kidnapping with sexual motivation, and prosecutors said more charges will follow.

Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said Rice was working as a contract teacher at McKinley Elementary School earlier this year and the alleged victim was a student in her class.

The boy's father told investigators that until about one month ago, Rice had come to their house several times to take the boy to movies, and often talked to him online. The father was concerned about the nature of the relationship and told the woman not to come back, Fulghum said.

On Saturday the man woke up and discovered that his son was not home and his bed had been made to look like he was sleeping.

"So sometime during the early morning hours, he disappeared from the house," Fulghum said.

According to court documents, Rice told detectives that she picked the boy up, took him out to breakfast and took him to a waterfall.

Rice said she had planned to take him to Idaho, but after police called her the boy asked to be dropped off at his uncle's house in Puyallup. He planned to make up a story about where he had been and tell his parents he had walked there.

Investigators said that Rice admitted that she raped the boy at a rest stop in Ellensburg before driving him back, and court documents indicate that the two had intercourse several times on previous occasions, including once in the boy's home.

"I'm disgusted. It's just, I can't even talk right now," said Toyanne Rhodes, whose 10-year-old son was Rice's student at McKinley. "She was a good teacher. She was nice. If I ever had any questions I could call her anytime. I could talk with her, pop into her class anytime I wanted. I never would have thought."

According to the Tacoma School District, Rice taught at McKinley from October 2006 to April 20, 2007. At that time she was placed on administrative leave while the district conducted an investigation to determine whether she was socializing with her students after school.

Details of the investigation were not available, but the district did not renew her contract.

Rice is being held in lieu of $500,000 bail and could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:04:12 AM EDT
What's her Myspace name?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:05:48 AM EDT
WTH?

This world has gone crazy.

TEN YEARS OLD?!?!?!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:07:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 9:14:06 AM EDT by Another_Dude]
Niiiice.

eta: The O_P is a "teacher basher". He has nothing better to do than search Google for stories to post here. 99% of teachers would never engage in this type of activity, but dumb ol' GD wouldn't care about a thread concerning the good things teachers do.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:08:19 AM EDT
I dont remember being able to get it up at 10.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:10:22 AM EDT
In before someone say's I wish I could have fucked my teacher when I was a 10yo..
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:11:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pro2nd:
In before someone say's I wish I could have fucked my teacher when I was a 10yo..

I wish I could have fucked my teacher when I was 10
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:12:08 AM EDT

The boy's father told investigators that until about one month ago, Rice had come to their house several times to take the boy to movies, and often talked to him online. The father was concerned about the nature of the relationship and told the woman not to come back, Fulghum said.

That is fucking weird. I would have said no on day one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:13:25 AM EDT
In before the teacher apologists......

Oh wait, they're probably out starting another thread on Catholic priests abusing children.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:50:02 AM EDT
The great double standard.

She will serve no time. A man would spend the rest of his life in prison.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:55:18 AM EDT
Why are all these child rapist coming to my state?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:57:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Baldmonk:

Absolutely, didnt you all see the South Park episode?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:00:45 AM EDT

Yep.

Shoot a few and this will stop. Male or female, doesn't matter, someone kidnaps your 10 year old and (no matter what they do) think about what should be done.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:05:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 10:08:17 AM EDT by Shane333]

Originally Posted By Red_Label:
WTH?

TEN YEARS OLD?!?!?!

Sums up my reaction.

It's especially strange/sick because if she needed a man I'm sure there would be a line of them volunteering to get the job done. She must be a hardcore pedophile. Makes me wonder if there are other victims.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:09:02 AM EDT
IBCLS

In Before the Chalk Line of Silence
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:42:14 AM EDT
Where were these teachers when I was a kid????

You can't rape the willing
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:44:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 89Saleen:
Where were these teachers when I was a kid????

You can't rape the willing

But how would you have felt when you turned 11 and she dumped you for the next 10 year old boy?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:49:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 338winmag:
IBCLS

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:02:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shane333:

Originally Posted By 89Saleen: Where were these teachers when I was a kid???? You can't rape the willing
But how would you have felt when you turned 11 and she dumped you for the next 10 year old boy?
You give that uppity 10 yr. old a black eye!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:11:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Reaper:

Originally Posted By pro2nd:

I wish I could have fucked my teacher when I was 10

Yeah, I had to wait until High School
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:15:52 AM EDT

If she had shot the kid in the back with a shotgun while he was asleep she would be in really good shape.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:19:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bigthicket:

IBCLS

Maybe the State should Eras(h)er
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:24:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:

If she had shot the kid in the back with a shotgun while he was asleep she would be in really good shape.

All she'd have to do is claim that his behavior in class was abusive.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:24:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By phantomghost:

At 10, I didn't even want to!

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:25:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 95thFoot:

Huh, I sure did!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:28:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shane333:

Originally Posted By Red_Label:
WTH?

TEN YEARS OLD?!?!?!

Sums up my reaction.

It's especially strange/sick because if she needed a man I'm sure there would be a line of them volunteering to get the job done. She must be a hardcore pedophile. Makes me wonder if there are other victims.

No doubt. She's not that bad looking (to me at least and mug shots are NEVER people looking their best). So she has to have some screws loose cause just about ANY woman can get a man cause she owns the pie.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:36:05 AM EDT

+1

Maybe I was a late bloomer but I don't think I was even playing with it at that age.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:37:30 AM EDT
10 yo? WTF?

WTH is wrong with her?

I'd so hit her though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:46:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Another_Dude:
Niiiice.

eta: The O_P is a "teacher basher". He has nothing better to do than search Google for stories to post here. 99% of teachers would never engage in this type of activity, but dumb ol' GD wouldn't care about a thread concerning the good things teachers do.

Ah. so with that background as perspective, the rape never occurrd, and we can catagorize the kidnapping as a play date. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:47:13 AM EDT
10 year olds lie pie? in before the lock.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:49:07 AM EDT

Oh by age 10 mine was jumping up all the time. I didn't know how to really use it at that age, but it seemed keenly aware of "la difference".

Reminds me of how our bodies prepare for it long before we're emotionally/psychologically ready for it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:53:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bigthicket:

IBCLS

best line EVAR
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:54:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Another_Dude:

I was not even certain that girls were not 'icky' yet. It still took a couple of years before I figured it out.

Huh, I sure did!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:56:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 11:56:35 AM EDT by UH_SALT_RIFLE]

Originally Posted By deimos:

I'd so hit her though.

Why do feel the urge to beat women.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:08:27 PM EDT

Bullshit. For a ten-year-old, she'll do serious time.

Especially in Washington state, which learned the hard way, thanks to Mary Kay LeTourneau, that sex-predator teachers need to be dealt with harshly.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:09:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Praetorian55:

Oh wait, they're probably out starting another thread on Catholic priests abusing children.

Amen, brother! I bet her principal and the entire school board shuffled her around, hid evidence, and let her rape thirty other ten-year-olds before too much information finally made it out and the cops nailed her.

Not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:20:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 71-Hour_Achmed:

Originally Posted By Praetorian55:

Amen, brother! I bet her principal and the entire school board shuffled her around, hid evidence, and let her rape thirty other ten-year-olds before too much information finally made it out and the cops nailed her.

Not.

Happens with the teachers all the time, they get booted out of one school district, and end up in another. And the NEA just keeps sweeping it under the carpet.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:06:54 PM EDT
Remember when you were ten or eleven and the teacher called you to write something on the blackboard and you had a woody? She probably sized up the kid at the blackboard. Perverted none the less.
Top Top