Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 5:25:38 PM EDT
I received the Form 4's for a C&R that I'm getting in.  The seller filled out the Form 4's.  He put my C&R FFL number on the form but, in block 6b (Class) he put "NONE".  I called the ATF and they said that should be fine as long as my license number is on the form.  What should go in block 6b?  C&R, 07C&R, other?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ed
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Class is for the use of a special occupational taxpayer (SOT) - read the instructions for the form and it explains that.

An SOT is an FFL licensee who's paid the yearly special tax to deal in, make or import NFA firearms like machineguns and silencers.

There's also a spot for EIN on the form - which is the identification number used by a SOT.

Since you're not a SOT (a C&R can't be one just on the C&R license), you shouldn't put anything in the EIN or class blocks.

In the case of a class 3 dealer receiving that firearm, the C3 would put "3" in the class block.  In the case of a class 2 manufacturer like myself, I'd put "2" in that block.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Circuits,

Thanks a bunch!

It's been so long since I've seen the instructions and this is the first time I've filled out a Form 4 and had a FFL number.

So I will leave "NONE" in box 6b.

Thanks for your help.

Ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top