Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/27/2002 4:25:38 PM EST
I received the Form 4's for a C&R that I'm getting in. The seller filled out the Form 4's. He put my C&R FFL number on the form but, in block 6b (Class) he put "NONE". I called the ATF and they said that should be fine as long as my license number is on the form. What should go in block 6b? C&R, 07C&R, other? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:03:43 PM EST
Class is for the use of a special occupational taxpayer (SOT) - read the instructions for the form and it explains that. An SOT is an FFL licensee who's paid the yearly special tax to deal in, make or import NFA firearms like machineguns and silencers. There's also a spot for EIN on the form - which is the identification number used by a SOT. Since you're not a SOT (a C&R can't be one just on the C&R license), you shouldn't put anything in the EIN or class blocks. In the case of a class 3 dealer receiving that firearm, the C3 would put "3" in the class block. In the case of a class 2 manufacturer like myself, I'd put "2" in that block.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:36:18 PM EST
Circuits, Thanks a bunch! It's been so long since I've seen the instructions and this is the first time I've filled out a Form 4 and had a FFL number. So I will leave "NONE" in box 6b. Thanks for your help. Ed
Top Top