Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 12:25:08 PM EDT
I'm filling out my form 1 to make my AR into a short barrel rifle. In section 4 it ask for length of barrel(e). Is it asking for the current length or what the length of the barrel is going to be after I turn it into a SBR?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Bbl length is for after you convert it.  Some people put various.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Is various a valid answer? I understand once its approved as a SBR the whole barrel length requirement is out the window. I just don't want to get denied because BATFE didn't like the word "various"

If I do list a barrel length and at a later date I want to put a different barrel on do I have to notify BATFE of that change? and does it cost me 200 dollars more.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
One more question,

Line 4, a. states "Name and Location of Original Manufacturer of Firearm"

I went to Armalite's webpage to find there address and all I can find is a P.O. Box and a Fedex address.

I called Armalite today and asked what address should I list on the form. The woman on the phone said either one would work?!?!?!?!

I do not like this answer, is she right? I also sent a email to Armalite I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

This really pisses me off, ATF is ZERO help on this form, its taken me over 2 weeks to get everything together(Federal Forms, Local Law Enforcement paper work, photos, finger prints) I still need to do a Local Law Enforcement interview/approval and wait 4-6 months for the ATF to approve or deny my request!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his

I go down to the local BATFE office to ask a question and all they can say is,,,,

Well umm?, who are you?, what do you want to do? Well hmmm, don't know, can't help, who are you again? why do you want to do it?, who are you again?, Here is some paper work... Come to find out the Form 1 they gave me was old it wasn't even valid anymore!

They can't/won't answer questions or help with the form, but I'm sure when they find out I didn't something wrong they will be able to answer all my questions about how long I'll be in jail for what I did wrong!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hijack somewhat but for Original Manufacturer line do you put yourself if built from a stripped lower or do you just go with who ever the lower is made by regardless to what the rest of the parts are
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The Form says:
Name and Location of Original Manufacturer of Firearm (Receiver) (If prototype, furnish plans and specifications)  (See Instruction 2h)

Instruction 2h says:
Serial Numbers and other Markings.  If an existing firearm is being modified into an NFA firearm, enter the existing serial number of the firearm into item 4g and the name and address of the original manufacturer into item 4a. Do not  Alter or Modify the Existing Serial Number.  If the NFA firearm is being made from parts, your name and address are to be entered into 4a and a serial number you create is to be entered into item 4g.

"My guess" is if it already has a serial number you should list the orginal manufacturer and not yourself. If the receiver does not have a serial number already, them list yourself.

However don't listen to me, Becase I have no clue what the hell I'M doing.

Quoted:
Sorry to hijack somewhat but for Original Manufacturer line do you put yourself if built from a stripped lower or do you just go with who ever the lower is made by regardless to what the rest of the parts are

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top