Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/15/2006 4:44:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:34:23 PM EDT
Pft . Only the tards that can't pick up the dime say that .
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:40:38 PM EDT
Thats a sad story, but it is the fathers fault. When my son is out with us doing field work or harvest or whatever, I check and check and check and double check again to keep an eye on him. Heavy equipment is a cruel mistress, it WILL fuck you up if you have your head up your ass for even a second.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:00:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kodiak-AK:

Man can you really pick up the dime? I have heard that saying a long time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:03:47 PM EDT
My father taught me how to drive a forklift when I was 8 or 9. I knew they were not toys. Letting kids play like that was negligent. This is just really sad.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:38:04 PM EDT
Doing dumb stuff with heavy equipment is pretty common. At work we used to use loader buckets as work platforms, moving and stationary... Safe enough with the *right* operator.

...Watching guys hitch a ride on the side of a 40 ton rock truck underground, with maybe 3' of clearance on each side.... Even I went ...Coworker standing on the forks of a zoomboom while the boom extended waaaaay out over 33 degree water... A coworker took a bath. We did not have a boat because it might have tipped and someone gotten wet

But then, guys operating equipment for years may not know every thing about the machine.

One average working guy, a superior electrician, who ran a 25 ton Volvo 6x4 articulated truck for years thought the retarder was a dimmer switch for the lights. Kinda funny why the dimmer never worked, or what those gages on the left were supposed to be for. Hmmm.

On a loader, I found out there is an automatic function that lifts your bucket up to a dumping position. Never heard of it before - pull the joystick on a 966 type loader - John Deer 644 - full to the right-down position and it will stay there. I found it by lifting up rafters on a shed we were taking down. I put the forks under the rafters three guys were cutting, and the forks kept moving up while 3 guys scrambled for something to hang onto as the roof, rafters, and 3 walls shattered.

Felt pretty humble during lunch.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:45:23 PM EDT

I've done it with a quarter, never tried a dime though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:00:52 AM EDT
People ride on the front of forklifts fairly regularly at my work. It's dumb...but I've done it. I definately wouldn't "play" around one with kids or anything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:29:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MonkTx:

I've done it with a quarter, never tried a dime though.

Same trick . Smaller coin .

Listen when you are taking a brand new car out of a a few million dollar airplane you damn well better know what the hell you are doing .
Top Top