Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2001 9:35:59 AM EDT
I write these words while in possibly one of the darkest, blackest moods I can remember.  As we, a nation, stand in the ruins of an atrocity against us, I am further tortured by an inexplicable desire to see other  segments of our society terrorized; to be specific, most network news organizations, PBS, and nearly every ‘thinking’ talking head that are occupying otherwise perfectly good electromagenetic emissions.  This funk is due chiefly to what I see as in increasing effort to explain that there may have been some rational, plausible explanation, if not excuse, for a group of persons to hijack planeloads of innocent civilians, turning them into guided missiles with the sole purpose destroying perceived symbols of this Nation, killing untold thousands of others in the blind desire to avenge some perceived wrong in  the name of God, Allah, or whatever philophical prop they use to hold their beliefs up.

As I read the paper this morning, I see articles dealing with Islam, as if true  has Islam played any role in this. If it did, I spit on it. The article states that ‘Muslims around the world have a dislike for the U.S.’, then in the same breath, the writer states that ‘Muslims should not be universally condemned for the actions of a handful of fanatics.’ Great.  So we are supposed love those who hate us.  I freely admit I lack that ability right now.  Radio reports from second guessers and comfortable intellectual types that perhaps we should not risk war with nations that are harboring terrorists, but ‘seek to understand them’.  The usual pack of naysayers questioning our military’s ability to carry out the mission before them, or decrying the expense of actually using our military for some purpose other than being Meals On Wheels for the United Nations.  

Taking all this in, I look around at my two children, 6 and 10.  The chief question on my mind is ‘what will their world be like if this threat is not quashed?’  A lifetime of military presence on every street corner in the name of security; ID cards, badges, or chips to ‘certify’ that they fit the definition of ‘approved citizen’, whatever that definition may be.  The truly ironic act of sacrificing civil liberties in the name of freedom.  I look back as I have grown up this past 40 years at how carefree they were and how all these freedoms I took so for granted.  Now I understand how my forefathers felt on the cusp of war, without knowledge of what the future might bring for myself or my children or their children.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I want to slap the face of every media type that attempts to frame this issue as matter of religion or politics, every publisher who lets out an article that tries to justify, no matter how vaguely or unintentionally, the acts of the cowards who hijacked those planes.  I would personally like to have the ability to move time back, and place every political science professor on the planes that were headed to the WTC.  I would let those planes come within inches of crashing, then I would pluck those professors off the planes, frozen as they would be in mortal terror with dirty underwear screaming for whatever figure they would miss in life or would give them some measure of comfort in this moment of death.  Then I would  sit them back in their mahogany row desks, and THEN see how well they were able to explain these events in terms of religion or politics.

I am angry as I have never been before in my life.  I am angry to the point of danger.  This is not an issue of religion; Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, I don’t care.  It should not be a geopolitical issue, I don’t care who gives what to Israel or how long a group of people have perceive themselves to have suffered at the hands of someone else.  This is an issue of humanity versus  pure evil, and those who have perpetrated it should no longer be allowed to draw breath on this earth.  Those cravenly cowardly nations who chose not to actively support their destruction should be wiped off the face of the map as cleanly as by the hand of God or Allah, if God or Allah does exist.  If this country is to continue as it was intended, in a free and open society, then we need to avoid the mistake of rationalizing these events, and we need to become as a mother bear protecting her cub, fearsome, righteous, and unbending in our resolve.  I pray that in the coming months as the immediacy of September 11 wears thin in our day to day lives, as all events are wont to do with the passage of time, that we all maintain deep in our souls a flame of commitment and remembrance and resolve that we warm ourselves around regularly.    And for those of us who believe in a God, may we pray to him for comfort, for we are going to be troubled; may we ask him for forgiveness, for we will be doing things which I don’t know if He will approve, and may He show those of us like myself who really wonder what the hell we are supposed to do right now exactly what that something is, even becoming a terrible weapon of war in his hand.  

I weep.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Just watch FOX news, Shepard Smith, Cavuto et al will help.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, indeed, FOX News will get you through a lot. On The Drudge Report this morning I read where CNN is no longer going to refer to these terrorists as 'terrorists' - something to the effect of 'they haven't been convicted, maybe we should say [u]alleged[/u] hijackers...'

I keep telling you guys that the Media should be at the front of the line on the Wall, when the Revolution comes!

Eric The(Right[u]After[/u]PersonalInjuryTrialLawyers!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Please, slow down and think how wired you have let yourself become over a media that you know you do not trust.  Try BBC news or walk away from the news for a while.  Enjoy, it is possible, a comedy or something like CSI.  A diversion, anything so you can bring it all back into focus.  I know, it will be hard but for your future and the 6 and 10yrs old kids.  I have not been angry at my local politicians or the media since this disaster took place in this great country of ours.  I have focused on what I can understand and the fate which awaits the evil will of the bastards who encourage, support or take part in the threats to our way of life.  Take care.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Please, slow down and think how wired you have let yourself become over a media that you know you do not trust.  Try BBC news or walk away from the news for a while.  Enjoy, it is possible, a comedy or something like CSI.  A diversion, anything so you can bring it all back into focus.  I know, it will be hard but for your future and the 6 and 10yrs old kids.  I have not been angry at my local politicians or the media since this disaster took place in this great country of ours.  I have focused on what I can understand and the fate which awaits the evil will of the bastards who encourage, support or take part in the threats to our way of life.  Take care.
View Quote

I could not become slower.  Time moves in an exquisite crystal train, each moment sharp and pure.  As for the fate which awaits the evil of which you speak, would that I be so blessed as to be an instrument in its destruction.  

WARRIORS CREED

I am a warrior.
I train every day to become stronger.  I train my body, my mind, my resolve.
I train to defeat the enemy that would deny me the freedom to train.
I train to defeat an enemy that strives to defeat me; I must be stronger.
I bear ill will to no man, but I will strike those that raise a hand to me.
If I should die in battle, let me first strike a blow to ensure that my son
and others who follow
Will have the freedom to train to be a warrior.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#7]
If only you could read Russian. I read a lot of things that the American press won't publish. I really believe the government has censors in all the newsrooms. Its crazy. The Russian propaganda paper was called "Pravda" or "Truth", and it was used for wiping the ass.Now its the other way around here in America. They get the truth, we get lies. I'll tell you that Rumsfeld was warned by the Russians intelligence that this would happen a week before it did, and there were more than 4 planes with hijackers on them. The Russians intercepted American reports of 11 planes with hijackers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top