Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2001 4:17:56 AM EDT
from the Appalachian Trail.

Seems a bit of hypocrisy here on their part. I can understand wanting to buy land for various uses but then give the landowner the going price. Not some self-decided five fingered discount on the part of gov't.
In Reading, PennDOT is taking properties for the expansion of Rt #222 into a limited access highway. They aren't paying fair market price either. This power by the guvmint and the IRS to confiscate land has got to end somehow.
[ur]http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,33338,00.html[/ur]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,33338,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:42:19 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks Oslow, hate when that happens the "L" key mustn't be working now vonce.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Turnabout is unfair play -- they screwed my family out of at least 50% of the property value when they seized my grandmother's land (excuse me, I meant used "eminent domain") to expand the Appalachian Trail back in the mid-1970's.

Fucking bastards.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
And people wonder why some folks are on the edge of taking out fed agents pulling this crap?

Things came very close to a shooting war in Klamath and if the feds don't stop their JBT tactics, it is most assuredly will happen there or somewhere else.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And people wonder why some folks are on the edge of taking out fed agents pulling this crap?

Things came very close to a shooting war in Klamath and if the feds don't stop their JBT tactics, it is most assuredly will happen there or somewhere else.
View Quote

{Sigh}  How many more Carl Dregas are we going to create people, how many more will it take?
It is too bad that it is starting to look like there is no peaceful solution.  

[url]http://iresist.com/cbg/dregas.html[/url]

Thank G_d for Vin Suprynowicz being he is the only one to tell the late Mr. Dregas tale like it was.
rDAm
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a ton of this kind of activity taking place.  Newsmax.com ran a story about it recently.  Basically, the little guy can't win in court.  They sue you to take the land, make you look like the bad guy, and you lose in the "court of public opinion" and in court.

Why is any of this surprising to anyone here?  Do you really think we have a Constitution that means anything?  Do you really think the courts are honest and fair and not stacked against the citizen?  

I'm waiting for the revolt to begin.  I'm waiting to see a local militia that will offer protection from the federal government, as well as the local governments and their arbitrary use of power.  The brutal future is coming.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  Do you really think we have a Constitution that means anything?
View Quote

The Constitution means a whole lot t a lot of people. If these people would just get together and demand that it be respected and followed, things would get much better without a bloody confrontation. Although it doesn't look like they will.
May the good Lord have mercy on us all, 'cause the government will not.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the problem -- there are no "fed agents" who are "pulling this crap".  It's entire federal agencies -- several thousand people at a time.  It's institutionalized, not a few rogues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top