Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/9/2005 9:31:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 9:35:40 AM EDT by Boomer]
How/who did you make your donation through? My employer is offering to match contributions to the relief effort through either the American Red Cross or Habitat For Humanity International. Any thoughts as to these two organizations and which would be the better to donate to?

And for those who think that these countries and people aren't deserving of our help or that your tax money is enough, I'm fine with that. But I'd appreciate that sentiment being kept somewhere else. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:37:08 AM EDT
I'm not donating, but I would reccomend the red cross
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:40:28 AM EDT
+1 for the IRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:43:10 AM EDT
The red cross has a high administrative overhead. A much better place to donate for this relief effort is www.sarvodaya.lk/

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:49:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hielo:
The red cross has a high administrative overhead. A much better place to donate for this relief effort is www.sarvodaya.lk/

That's kind of what I was wondering. But what would be better, $100 to Sarvodaya or $200 to the Red Cross/Habitat For Humanity? Remember, those are the only two organizations my employer will match contributions to.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:56:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Boomer:

That's kind of what I was wondering. But what would be better, $100 to Sarvodaya or $200 to the Red Cross/Habitat For Humanity? Remember, those are the only two organizations my employer will match contributions to.

Spend the extra $100.00 on upgrading your next airline flight to first class, thats what both of those charities will do.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:04:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Boomer:

Spend the extra $100.00 on upgrading your next airline flight to first class, thats what both of those charities will do.

You are missing the point. I can give just my $100 to Sarvodaya or my $100 + BNSF's $100 matching contribution for a total of $200 to Red Cross or Habitat For Humanity. But they are both that inefficient?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:23:00 PM EDT
I made my donation throught The Christian Children's Fund. There is a link on their website that takes donations for the Tsunami victims (adults, children, all areas hit).
Top Top