Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2006 9:07:50 PM EDT

Also available in blue!

Alright, so maybe it's not "tactical," but it sure is cute!

Long story short, I found them at Babies R Us today while shopping for a niece's baby shower... and I just happened to have my digital camera in my purse since we just came from visiting daddy at the fire station... although we didn't get any pics there... but that's a different story... (okay, okay, so I didn't make it short )
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:15:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm, my son is having a baby, the end of Sept. He'd probably prefer carrying that over any other diaper bag.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:30:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It's cool, but a little fussy for me, I still prefer the Jack Bauer bug out bag.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but $59.99?
Get one of these and you can keep some juice for the little carpet squirrel.

jj
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]

(I didn't even notice the price....... haven't had coffee yet.)
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
 That's "fashion tactical".

My buddies have been talking about the idea of marketing "tactical" baby accessories to men for a few years (since we became dads).  IMO it's about the materials first and then the design.  Start with mil. spec. nylon, webbing and hardware and then modify the existing designs by adding features men might want (integral holdster, pockets for cell phone, knife or multitool and flashlight, etc.)  Think Baby Bjorn by Blackhawk, Spec Ops or the like.  I think there's a niche market there at a $20 or $30 premium over the girls' stuff.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 6:04:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.nwhikers.net/forums/images/smiles/down.gif  That's "fashion tactical".

My buddies have been talking about the idea of marketing "tactical" baby accessories to men for a few years (since we became dads).  IMO it's about the materials first and then the design.  Start with mil. spec. nylon, webbing and hardware and then modify the existing designs by adding features men might want (integral holdster, pockets for cell phone, knife or multitool and flashlight, etc.)  Think Baby Bjorn by Blackhawk, Spec Ops or the like.  I think there's a niche market there at a $20 or $30 premium over the girls' stuff.

Well no kidding  It seems no one has caught my sarcasm on the "tactical" thing *sigh*  For the record, I would never BUY it either- $60 is way too steep for a diaper bag.  And yes, that particaular camo design is all about fashion.  I just couldn't help but to think about all of the references to the "Tactical Diaper Bag" comments on here when I saw them...

Oh well...
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Some of us mommies might want those features too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I used a Schwinn messenger bag, after finding that baby bags SUCK.

Below is a Timbuk2 similar to the Schwinn I have. It's close enough that I think Timbuk2 made em for Schwinn.

Link Posted: 6/17/2006 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ME! ME! ME! ME!  I'm trying to figure out how to put a gun compartment/holster in one of these Lands End diaper bags. Like this

But, still, I'm looking for that all out tactical, shtf, daiper bag

-Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ME! ME! ME! ME!  I'm trying to figure out how to put a gun compartment/holster in one of these Lands End diaper bags. Like this

But, still, I'm looking for that all out tactical, shtf, daiper bag

-Mrs.Monk

I'm wondering if you might somehow be able to attach a nylon holster to the inside of the bag with strong velcro...?

Link Posted: 6/17/2006 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe more like this only I wish the bag weren't so big - maybe in between the size of the little tripper and this one?  Hmmm, off to look for some velcro :)  

-Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I think its cute.  When Wyatt was a baby I had a backpack.  It worked best.  I don't carry a purse now and any diaper bag I found looked like a big purse.  Even my husband would carry the back pack.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#14]
My diaper bag came from the Army/Navy Surplus Store, so I guess you could call it tactical.  It, of course, was not marketed as a diaper bag, but it has all the features I need, including a space inside that is precisely the right size for a water bottle.  I picked it up for like $3.  It'll probably outlast that $60 bag, too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Funny, I've been thinking about that, too.  Currently working on a line that incorporates attributes that men would want without compromising the 'manly' look of the product.  Also working on CC bags, drag mats and custom pistol cases.  We'll see what comes of it.

Oh, and Bed_Head, I've sold my diaper bags for anywhere from $60 to $100, no questions asked.  They're not even tactical, either.  Yet.

Very cool.  I would rather see YOU make $$$ off of it than a big corp like Babies R Us...  I really can't spend that much myself though... not when there are shoes to buy

Really though, my sarcasm-fu is weak, I posted the pics as a reference to all of the TDB allusions lately.

<------- (retreats to the kitchen to mix up a Morgan-Diet after a very long day)
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#17]
haha sweetness
Link Posted: 6/19/2006 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hmmmm, my son is having a baby, the end of Sept. He'd probably prefer carrying that over any other diaper bag.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top