User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:37:34 PM EDT
Some in all races act like savages…

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169046,00.html

Widespread Riots Erupt in Belfast
Saturday, September 10, 2005

BELFAST, Northern Ireland — Protestant extremists threw homemade grenades, gasoline bombs and other makeshift weapons Saturday and at least a dozen police and two civilians were wounded in the latest fury over a restricted Belfast (search) parade.

Protestants clashed with police, British troops and Catholic crowds in several parts of Belfast after authorities blocked the Orange Order (search) — the territory's major Protestant brotherhood — from parading past the hard-line Catholic end of disputed Springfield Road (search).

At least six officers were injured by flames and shrapnel from homemade grenades and gasoline-filled bottles on the nearby North Circular Road.

Officers on the North Circular Road took cover behind their armored vehicles after hearing bursts of automatic gunfire. In east Belfast, police said another six officers suffered mostly superficial injuries as they kept apart rival Catholic and Protestant mobs.

In rioting that ran from Saturday afternoon until early Sunday, police equipped with body armor, shields and flame-retardant boiler suits repelled the attackers with plastic bullets and mobile water cannons.
The mayhem spread at nightfall to Ballyclare and Newtownabbey, two predominantly Protestant suburbs of Belfast. Several buildings on Belfast's northern outskirts were set on fire.

Police said members of two outlawed organizations, the Ulster Defense Association and the Ulster Volunteer Force, were involved in the Protestant violence. Both groups are supposed to be observing cease-fires in support of Northern Ireland's 1998 peace accord.

But the commander of Northern Ireland's police force, Chief Constable Hugh Orde, said Orange Order leaders had inspired the violence. Trouble flared at several major roads and intersections where Orange leaders had instructed members and supporters to stage sit-down protests.

"The Orange Order must bear substantial responsibility for this. They publicly called people on to the streets. I think if you do that, you cannot then abdicate responsibility," Orde said.

On the Shankill Road, more than 1,000 people confronted police units, who responded with plastic-bullet volleys and water jets. A helicopter's spotlight overhead illuminated the mayhem. At least two civilians were injured.

Protestant mobs also blocked several key roads to protest the authorities' decision to bar Orangemen from marching on most of the Springfield Road, a predominantly Catholic area with one isolated Protestant section. Police instead forced the Orangemen to march through a derelict industrial site to their Orange lodge, which overlooks the road.

British army engineers erected truck-mounted canvas screens in hopes of blocking Catholics' view of the parade. But several hundred Catholics gathered on the road, and some stood on their rooftops to observe the drum-thumping procession. Both sides shouted vulgar abuse at each other.

Each summer, Northern Ireland endures inflamed communal tensions because of annual mass demonstrations by the Orange Order, a legal organization that was instrumental in founding Northern Ireland as a predominantly Protestant state 85 years ago.

Over the past decade, Catholic hard-liners led by Sinn Fein, the Irish Republican Army-linked party, have violently opposed Orange parades that traditionally passed near or through Catholic areas.

Northern Ireland's so-called "marching season" this year last turned violent on July 12, when several hundred Catholics attacked police with grenades, gasoline bombs and other weapons after an Orange parade passed the IRA power base of Ardoyne in north Belfast. About 100 officers and 10 civilians were wounded.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#1]
[olson johnson] But we don't want the Irish! [/olson johnson]

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Had to dig for that one. Seems the whites don't make the news as much or it could be that, they don't do that shit as often as the other races.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Had to dig for that one. Seems the whites don't make the news as much or it could be that, they don't do that shit as often as the other races.

I didn't have to dig for anything... just read the news. The only 2 riots I have personally ever witness were by vast numbers whites.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn;t get into the other thread on this subject, but white people were the perpetrators of every riot in British history up to the last 50 years or so (and there have been a TON of riots in GBR), the 1863 NYC draft riots, and all that hippie bullshit in the 60's. Others may disagree, but I am inclined to think of the Third Reich and the Soviet Union as well-organized riots, too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't have to dig for anything... just read the news. The only 2 riots I have personally ever witness were by vast numbers whites.

Stumble in on a klan meeting maybe?

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Irish always had an axe to grind, especially when they get liquored up.  Brawlers, the lot of them.

(just kidding)  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
why i see it everyday here on ar15 com
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard this is George Bush's fault
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF are you talking about, are you drunk or blind.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]
<Bill the Butcher> On the seventh day the Lord rested, but before that he did, he squatted over the side of England and what came out of him... was Ireland. No offence son. <Bill the Butcher>.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#12]
gotta be a way to sticky this, and the bigfoot and jersey devil photos
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Niether, just pointing out that white riots here in the US are very rare compared to the other races.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Man, I tell you if we had a permanent SHTF, with a total breakdown of civil society for the foresable future, than I sure as hell would follow in the footsteps of the barbarian's who swept through Poland (and apparently screwed one of my ancestors) and my Irish ancestors that were pirates.

In a class at PSU where we discussed what people would do in a disaster plan, and I (the gun guy) was sarcastically by an anti what I would do, I included this as my disaster plan.

It was not well recieved. But they're all unarmed anyway.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Imagine the reaction if you had put any other race in the thread title EXCEPT "caucasian".

Racist /racist-baitingthreads should not/ are not tolerated.  I don't see why this one should be an exception.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I seem to recall some great documentarian covering the stupid part in a book a couple years back. What was his name..Michael something?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Portland Oregon...

We get hippy riots.  Large numbers of Peace loving(cowards), unwashed, anarchists can get pretty violent.  My brother is a photographer and got some pics at the last riots.  The cops are interested in his photos for when the catch the guy that was standing on top a car and smashing it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Those stupid fucking micks are still at it?
When in the fuck are they ever going to learn.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Imagine the reaction if you had put any other race in the thread title EXCEPT "caucasian".

Racist /racist-baitingthreads should not/ are not tolerated.  I don't see why this one should be an exception.  

How EXACTLY is this thread a racist-baiting thread... it is news.

You have not been paying much attention…

This thread is a response to a thread that proposed IN ITS TITLE that Caucasians did not do this sort of thing, and repeated claims by some that whites did not do this sort of thing.

It seems some people cannot stand to see evidence to the contrary…
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How EXACTLY is this thread a racist-baiting thread... it is news........

Since you asked,
Looting was news and it spawned a huge number of disgusting racist threads and posts and got a lot of people locked, deservedly, in my opinion.  
There is no doubt that all races at some time or another commit a great deal of stupidity.  Clearly caucasians are no exception.  They participated in the looting in NO as well, there is no doubt.

But since you obviously missed the point of my first post let me try this....alter one word of your thread title, see how long before it gets locked....."For those that wanted evidence of Caucasian black riots, mayhem, and stupidity…  Because that would be a stupid, racist thing to say.  Why should it be any different to say that about any race?  Pointing out racism by making a racist thread is not called for, even in a facetious manner.  Take the high ground.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Why don't the Brits get out of Ireland?

Send in the U.N.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I didn;t get into the other thread on this subject, but white people were the perpetrators of every riot in British history up to the last 50 years or so (and there have been a TON of riots in GBR), the 1863 NYC draft riots, and all that hippie bullshit in the 60's. Others may disagree, but I am inclined to think of the Third Reich and the Soviet Union as well-organized riots, too.

Damn rioters torn down the Berlin wall also!  No respect for state property, shesh...  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Never any doubt in my mind.

I remember the late 1960’s and early 1970’s in this country very well.

In 1972, I got a job in a government building in NYC that had been bombed a couple of years earlier by anti-war types.  At about the same time, two or three of them (hopefully the same ones ) accidentally killed themselves in a bomb-making factory within maybe a mile or two of this building.

Similar idiots started a fire at the military’s record center in (IIRC) Kansas City that destroyed an enormous number of personal military records.  I still don’t know if mine survived.

And there was Kent State.

And so forth…

I guess all that’s been left out of the history books.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Never any doubt in my mind.

I remember the late 1960’s and early 1970’s in this country very well.

In 1972, I got a job in a government building in NYC that had been bombed a couple of years earlier by anti-war types.  At about the same time, two or three of them (hopefully the same ones ) accidentally killed themselves in a bomb-making factory within maybe a mile or two of this building.

Similar idiots started a fire at the military’s record center in (IIRC) Kansas City that destroyed an enormous number of personal military records.  I still don’t know if mine survived.

And there was Kent State.

And so forth…

I guess all that’s been left out of the history books.  

Exactly
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Lucky my tennis elbow is kill'in me right now, must get off computer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yout sit on your computer?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Your tennis elbow is named Lucky?

And it’s trying to kill you??  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

that wouldn't be because there were fewer people of color in GBR?   Hell I would bet the vast majority of riots in GBR now (discounting all those fucking idiots rioting over soccer, and the Ireland crap) were done by either people of color or RoPers (though soem woudl argue they are one and the same, most of us will at least admit they are not always

Oh and fuck hippies, they are not even worth a bullet, they are below commies and fascists, they are fuckign useless drains on society
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that wouldn't be because there were fewer people of color in GBR?   Hell I would bet the vast majority of riots in GBR now (discounting all those fucking idiots rioting over soccer, and the Ireland crap) were done by either people of color or RoPers (though soem woudl argue they are one and the same, most of us will at least admit they are not always

Oh and fuck hippies, they are not even worth a bullet, they are below commies and fascists, they are fuckign useless drains on society

Wwell, yeah. The predominance of white people in British riots has a lot to do with the fact that until about 50 yrs ago, everybody over there was white. However, it demonstrates that white people don;t have an antirioting gene.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Isn't it basically a war zone in Northern Ireland
with troops and grenades and bombs\explosions on a regular basis?
NO wasn't quite that bad........before the flood
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Irish always had an axe to grind, especially when they get liquored up.  Brawlers, the lot of them.

(just kidding)  

Oh yeah?  As a liquored up Irishman, I'll punch your face in for that.

(just kidding)  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#32]
This is happenning right now.  I doubt there is a single black person involved in this rioting.

www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/09/11/nireland.riots.reut/index.html

Belfast rocked by widespread riots

BELFAST, Northern Ireland (Reuters) -- Police in Northern Ireland have held the Protestant Orange Order accountable after at least 12 police officers were injured in the worst rioting in the British-ruled province for years.

The rioting, by several thousand protesters across the city and in outlying areas, raged from mid-afternoon on Saturday into the early hours of Sunday, with Belfast waking up to rubble-strewn streets and burnt-out cars.

"It was complete bedlam," a police spokesman said on Sunday. "We haven't experienced anything like that for a long time."

Riot police used water cannon and fired baton rounds as crowds attacked them in the west and east of the city. Elsewhere rampaging mobs hijacked and set fire to cars, blocked roads and threw stones at the police into the early hours.

Two civilians were injured, one of them with gunshot wounds.

Northern Ireland's chief constable, Hugh Orde, laid the bulk of the blame for the disturbances with the Orange Order, who earlier this week called on supporters to turn out in strength.

The order, which supports British rule in Northern Ireland, was angered by an earlier directive rerouting one of their seasonal marches away from a Catholic neighborhood in the province, which remains substantially divided along religious lines.

"The Orange Order must bear substantial responsibility for this. They publicly called people onto the streets. I think if you do that you cannot then abdicate responsibility. That is simply not good enough," Orde said in a statement.

The Orange Order, however, pointed at the police who it accused of "a brutal and heavy-handed" approach.

Orde said his officers, backed up by British soldiers, had "acted like heroes."

Every summer thousands of Orangemen, wearing colorful regalia and playing music, engage in "a marching season" to celebrate the 17th century defeat in battle of Catholic King James II by the Protestant William of Orange.

Most Catholics in the province regard the marches as an offensive display of triumphalism.

Earlier this week the Orange Order said the decision to re-route Saturday's march was the latest in a series of attempts to "erode Protestant culture" and deny Orangemen their rights.

Tension has mounted recently in Protestant communities -- which support Northern Ireland's links with Britain -- on the view that the British government has moved too fast to reduce its security presence in the province without any concrete action by the Irish Republican Army (IRA) to disarm.

In July the IRA said it was ending its 30-year armed campaign against British rule in Northern Ireland and pledged to dump its weapons, but so far it has shown no sign of doing so.

This weekend's turbulence will dismay the British and Irish governments who are hoping shortly to kickstart talks aimed at restoring the province's Protestant-Catholic power-sharing assembly, set up under 1998's Good Friday peace agreement.

Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Same here. I've witnessed one in action, and the vast majority of the participants were white. It was also in the middle of Berkeley, so they were also unwashed, stoned, Communists hippyfucks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#34]
More of an education/poverty level issue I think. Usually the case anywhere large groups of people doing stupid shit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
More of an education/poverty level issue I think. Usually the case anywhere large groups of people doing stupid shit.

Is that why every year after the NCAA finals well educated white kids tear up at least one city?

It is more that than race, poverty, and education... and at the same time far less.

The dynamic is far simpler than that… it has to do more with a mob, a few the leading the mob, a lack of respect for others and their property, making excuses for the mob, and a lack of real acountability.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

(just kidding)  

Like there is a time when we are NOT liquored up?  That would be like denying our heritage and legacy.

- (irish)gunchyck
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Protestants in Northern Ireland are NOT "Irish".  They're English, and if you don't believe me, believe Margaret Thatcher since according to her, "it's as British as Finchley".  

To begin to come to grips with what their thought process is, go here:
education.guardian.co.uk/faithschools/story/0,13882,1097460,00.html

Unbelievably, most of Unionism *defended* this behavior for months.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#39]
When this all started in N.O. a good friend of mine, and fellow Louisiana native, told me that his greatest concern would be (if he still lived there) the black folks going crazy. Optimistically, I said "oh no you're wrong, the people will come together and work out differences. I wouldn't be worried about that."

When the initial images of looting were of people taking food and survival supplies from grocery stores, I said "Well it is a matter of survival. All that stuff will just be lost in the storm anyway. At least someone will be able to put some good use to the food and drink."

Then came images of people taking Plasma TVs and crates of Nikes...WTF!

Sad to say my friend was right and I was wrong. I was jsut giving people the benifit of the doubt...again.

It seems to me that there is a difference between healthy (whether we agree with them or not) public dissent, which has a point or purpose, and just sheer mayhem and chaos. The Northern Irish are being occupied (so they feel,) by Brittian. Hippies were dupped into being the pawns of Marxists during the "peace (read anti-American) movement." They were all stoned...what can you do?...

Hell, America is America because we stood up to Imperial Brittain. We were born out of dissent.

African Americans destroy cities when thier favorite basketball team wins the championship... Chicago...Da Bulls
They burn thier OWN neighborhoods when the jury's verdict isn't agreeable...L.A./Rodney King.
The O.J. jury didn't find him guilty mainly because they knew the city would burn again...

On, and on, and on.

I grew up in Baton Rouge. I went to "integrated" schools from kindergarten to the 9th grade. 60% of the schools were black, in the middle of white middle class neighborhoods. The violence was unbearable. The intimidation and fear was stiffleing. In grades as early as 5th, girls were molested in the halls between class by black males, nearly half of whom had failed a grade or two, and there is a big phisical difference between a 10 year old and a 12-13 year old. Whites didn't dare go into the bathroom between classes. You would run the risk of getting the s#*t kicked out of you by a small group of blacks. You were better off holding it and getting a hall pass during class period.

Sure white folk do some crazy S*#t! It usually seems to have some kind of point, a philosophy of SOME kind...
Sure, Socialism has been responsible for more death and destruction than any other ideology known to man...BUT IT IS AN IDEOLOGY, whether we agree with it or not, there is a formula, a goal or an enemy to fight.

As in the case of what kind of behavior has been witnessed in N.O., rape, murder, and looting, the only "reason" for it seems to be that they can get away with it. When you examine US crime stats, it's obvious who's commiting most of the crime, just in day-to-day life, let alone when the cops aren't around...young black males. Although they account for only about 3-4% of the population, they account for over 50% of all random violent crime, most of which is against other blacks, and one in three black males has a FELONY record. Very sad.

According to many studies, the llliteracy rate IS HIGHER NOW THAN IT WAS DURING SLAVERY! Very, very sad indeed.

When people shoot at rescue helicoptors, and set fire to the shops they have just looted, it makes it a little difficult for the rest of us to give a damn...

I really appreciate a forum where I can say what I think without having to be P.C. Sorry for the rant. I just thought I'd give a little personal perspective, having grown up in the area.

To any African Americans reading my words, I'm sorry if you get angry with me. If you are reading this, you probably aren't part of the problem.  Someone needs to help solve the problems of decay infecting your culture, and stop blaming whites for all of them. All most whites want for black American culture is for them to prosper, dig themselves out, and live in peace. Some assimliation would go a long way to bridging the gap between our cultures. It's all we want. Some civility.

By the way my, father lost his home in Slidell, due to flooding He built it with his own two hands 25 years ago, and now he has to start all over.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll jump into this one....if you can say one thing about the riots in Ireland, there is a reason behind them, whether you agree with it or not. It is a group of people, white in this case, who are rioting because they feel their freedom is and has been taken...

While in NO, it is a group of people, black mainly in this case, who are looting and causing mayhem because they are scum who feel they should get shit for free....

A bit of a difference.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Niether, just pointing out that white riots here in the US are very rare compared to the other races.

Whites are downright docile until it comes to cabbage patch dolls, furbies or cancelled rock concerts.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I'll jump into this one....if you can say one thing about the riots in Ireland, there is a reason behind them, whether you agree with it or not. It is a group of people, white in this case, who are rioting because they feel their freedom is and has been taken...

While in NO, it is a group of people, black mainly in this case, who are looting and causing mayhem because they are scum who feel they should get shit for free....

A bit of a difference.....

True enough.

Have more respect for people who riot for a reason, rather than those who riot for a plasma screen TV.

I may not agree with the reason, but *shrug*
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This is happenning right now.  I doubt there is a single black person involved in this rioting.

I am not sure, so I will ask the question...........

is this a riot with looting, robbing and raping?
or is it an "actual" revolt against authority?
I didn't notice any mention of plasma tvs with legs
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suppose that's the only good thing you can say about Northern Ireland...the people may tear the place apart and kill each other, but you never hear anything about looting or other REALLY anti-social behavior
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suppose that's the only good thing you can say about Northern Ireland...the people may tear the place apart and kill each other, but you never hear anything about looting or other REALLY anti-social behavior

so you are conceding the point?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:14:55 AM EDT
[#46]
They have only been fighting for 800+ years.  

One of the reasons a lot of us (me included) are here in the US.  Run off the land by the Orange man.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:22:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Poig ma thoin
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

so you are conceding the point?

no, as the thread title only referenced "riots, mayhem and stupidity" by white folks.  He didn't mention the sub text of looting  and rape lol...so I win on a technicality.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I agree with you completely until I remember hitler and stalin.  Fucking bastards those two.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

+1
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top