Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 1:46:09 PM EDT
Bet this makes the LEO's here proud. [url=http://www.newromesucks.com/]who needs a radar detecter[/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL !!  [i]E Pluribus Screw-Em[/i]

[LEO's] Hey, tickets aren't about revenue !! It's about keeping you peasants safe !![/LEO's]
[LOL]

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I await K9's responce. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I really dont see anything to respond to.

To point out some small town with a speed trap and make a analogy to law enforcement in the US seems a bit far fetched.

Shitty little town with NO money try to stay alive.

The web site is funny

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
You're gonna have to try  a lot harder before you piss me off. Hell, I'll see your New Rome and raise you one Roland, Oklahoma; the flagship of Oklahoma Speed-Traps! They annexed a section of I-40 that runs NINE MILES NORTH OF TOWN just so they could run a speed trap there because no one ever comes into town. Last year alone they raised over $1.7 friggin' MILLION DOLLARS in traffic citations with only a 5 man police department. If we could do that good, we'd have a budget close to $1 Billion!

Nice try, but no cigar (no donut?)
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I really dont see anything to respond to.

To point out some small town with a speed trap and make a analogy to law enforcement in the US seems a bit far fetched.

Shitty little town with NO money try to stay alive.

The web site is funny

View Quote
The fact is there are many like it, this time they picked on the wrong people with computer knowledge, and got outed, if you think that there are not a lot of them out there like this, well !!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

From the site iteself.
[size=4]This site presents dialogue regarding the village council and police operations of New Rome, Ohio.[/size=4]
[size=4]Much of the material contained within was contributed by our readers.[size=4] That being the case, the responsibility for statements and claims rests with the author of each message and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the newromesucks.com staff. Strong language sometimes accompanies spirited opinions
View Quote

I dont expect much from a site who, by design, is existing just to complain about police and government matters, and then accepts emailed accounts from the ilk who have an obvious dislike of authority.

BTW, I dont support speed traps or red light cameras. And I dont write many tickets for speed. Most get warnings, and a word or two about how many wrecks and deaths I've seen attributed to the combination of speed and stupidity. One of those can be somewhat controlled/enforced.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You're gonna have to try  a lot harder before you piss me off. Hell, I'll see your New Rome and raise you one Roland, Oklahoma; the flagship of Oklahoma Speed-Traps! They annexed a section of I-40 that runs NINE MILES NORTH OF TOWN just so they could run a speed trap there because no one ever comes into town. Last year alone they raised over $1.7 friggin' MILLION DOLLARS in traffic citations with only a 5 man police department. If we could do that good, we'd have a budget close to $1 Billion!

View Quote
1.7 million, brother. I remember the school marm saying, the policeman is your friend, right.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

From the site iteself.
[size=4]This site presents dialogue regarding the village council and police operations of New Rome, Ohio.[/size=4]
[size=4]Much of the material contained within was contributed by our readers.[size=4] That being the case, the responsibility for statements and claims rests with the author of each message and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the newromesucks.com staff. Strong language sometimes accompanies spirited opinions
View Quote

I dont expect much from a site who, by design, is existing just to complain about police and government matters, and then accepts emailed accounts from the ilk who have an obvious dislike of authority.

BTW, I dont support speed traps or red light cameras. And I dont write many tickets for speed. Most get warnings, and a word or two about how many wrecks and deaths I've seen attributed to the combination of speed and stupidity. One of those can be somewhat controlled/enforced.
View Quote
In truth I knew you would not be like these assclowns, it was a rib.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd love to see your source on this one. That's nuts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I read the top ten tales of woe, all of them sound pretty bad, I do have issues with #2 and #3.

#3 stopped for dim license plate light, and having an out of state dl, after having lived in Ohio for a year. Yes stopping for a dim license plate light is petty. But complaining that your light worked, but was dirty so it didn't light up the plate, so it's ok is just as silly. Your DL should have the name of the state you are living in on it. If it doesn't, get the right one. "It hadn't expired..........." yeah send your change of address to the VA DMV, see if they'll let you keep that OH address on the VA DL.

#2, sounds like this person "got it" too. But, [red]We finally get there and I asked if I could have the handcuffs taken off because there is a large construction crew working close by and they tell me no that it's policy to keep them on until I get in the station.[/red] What does a construction crew and handcuffs have to do with one another?

All I have to say is, New Llano, LA outside of Ft Polk LA.

Avg speed ticket for 42 mph in a 35............yeah nice.

I'll point out that they seem to have gotten national attention for their operational methods. Seems that would make them pretty rare, to merit that attn. Of course a bigger issue is that whole town itself, run more or less by one family.

It's radar detector by the way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I dont expect much from a site who, by design, is existing just to complain about police and government matters...
View Quote

Hey, that sounds just like Cyanide and the rest of his badge envy suffering, adolescent friends.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont expect much from a site who, by design, is existing just to complain about police and government matters...
View Quote

Hey, that sounds just like Cyanide and the rest of his badge envy suffering, adolescent friends.
View Quote
Ah, the blue wall syndrome, yet again. Edit/ Afarid your city/town will be next Sukebe ????
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#17]
You've got it bad Cyanide. You should try to get on as a reserve somewhere when you grow up. See how you like it. Once the cool factor of wearing a badge and a gun and driving around playing with the siren wears off it's just a job so you probably wouldn't like it anymore. Steady work scares people like you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I heard about that town a while ago, apparently that crap has been going on for a while. Car and Driver did a article on it, the link is on the site.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You've got it bad Cyanide. You should try to get on as a reserve somewhere when you grow up. See how you like it. Once the cool factor of wearing a badge and a gun and driving around playing with the siren wears off it's just a job so you probably wouldn't like it anymore. Steady work scares people like you.
View Quote
You will never know. [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]
If you knucklehead civilians would for once give law enforcement the proper respect they are owed and petition your local legislatures to award the police on the street adequate salaries, these types of actions would not be necessary.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#21]
[img]http://mosh.server101.com/phpbb/images/smilies/stupid.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

[>q]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:36:02 AM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/police01.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:57:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Is the female cop in the bottom center picture pulling a wedgie outta her crack?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#26]
What the hell???
Quit bashing LEO'S, if it wasn't for them the world would be in turmoil.
This is the one of the dumbest threads I have seen yet.
If you have never been a LEO then Shut The Hell Up and don't speak.
Once you walk in the LEO'S shoes then you may make a comment, until then hold your little pathetic thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:35:20 AM EDT
[#27]
And yes I am EX-LEO so I have the right to speak on their behalf.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What the hell???
Once you walk in the LEO'S shoes then you may make a comment, until then hold your little pathetic thoughts.
View Quote
Seems like it is in turmoil with them anyway, and if you are implying that to complain about the cops you must have been one, well  you win the [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/141064/botd_promo.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:59:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the hell???
View Quote
Seems like it is in turmoil with them anyway, and if you are implying that to complain about the cops you must have been one, well  you win the [url]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/141064/botd_promo.jpg[/url]
View Quote

I can sure tell when you asses have never been LEO!!
The Threads are too plain and simple!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#30]
New Rome is a pit.

I'd hate to be a ex-New Rome cop looking for a job:
Have a lot of explaining why they took a job with that agency.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think some people here suffer from donut envy.
View Quote

NOW, we are talking.......[;)]

Definitely envious of the donut-dar cops have....that's like radar for donuts.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I've never been an LEO. While I can accept that this makes me an inferior being, therefore not to be trusted with, among other things, the same means to defend myself as those afforded LEO's, I do have one question:

I've never been a legislator, either.

Does this mean I'm unqualified to criticize the behavior of some legislators?

cynic
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#36]
If New Rome is where I think it is, I've ridden through there tons of times on my bike on the way to Andover. Never been stopped, haven't ever seen a police cruiser. I'm not getting into the anti LEO debate, once a day is enough for me.

PS nwatson99 sums up my feelings adequately!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#37]
The LEO's here are the good ones, no?  
If you want to bash cops, go to a board where the SHITTY ones hang out!  Hey, there's an idea!

Sorry, I am pretty nuetral on the whole cop thing, but all this shit is making me sick.  I get tired of the pro RKBA cops here having to tolerate this crap over the actions of others.  And board members bashing and insulting other board members who are cops because of some podunk bullshit half assed PD force somewhere is just stupid.  

I will make a couple observations, I am sure it will make me unpopular with some of this crowd, but too bad:

[rant]
1.  That website is great.  Some of the shit those New Rome cops pull....leaving pregnant women and children stranded in the winter while they "arrest" the husband and take them to a trailer to extract what was 8 out of 10 times a frigging bribe......holy crap.  Totally out of hand.  But this is the exception, not the rule.

2.  I used to get hassled by cops.....when I was young, had long hair, wore leather, drove shitty cars with loud mufflers, and was out all night.  Getting pulled over all the time for missing sticker, cracked windshield, burned out taillight, loud exhaust, etc.  Of the times I have been stopped, 1/3 of the cops were friendly and polite, 1/3 nuetral, 1/3 assholes.  It's called a bell shaped curve.  Ever hear of it?

3.  Now I am older, I have short hair, nice clothes, and a nice car/truck/bike.  After 20 years in the area, the area LEO's know me and actually watched me grow up.....and they leave me alone.  Even outside my "home" area, I drive a nice white sedan or a full size truck (neither are cheap), dress decently, and cruise at 75 on the freeway.  No problems from LEO's.  Shit, I passed a WI State Trooper tonight between Chicago and Milwaukee at 75 in a 65 and he didn't pull out on me.  He did flash his headlights on though.  And WI troopers are hardcore muthaf***ers.  Apparently, I didn't look like drug trafficker or terrorist material........

Gee whiz.  It ain't hard to figure out.  I think that the worst whiners here mostly belong to the young/lip off to the cop when you fucked up/look like a druggie crowd.....the kind of people, the kind of look, and the kind of actions that make cops take extra notice and want to check you out.  That's not JBT...cops have been doing that forever.  And lots of times they get lucky and get a real BG off the street.  That is the only satisfaction they get after all.  Now, cop work should be done professionally, but the fact is a good one-third of cops are unprofessiobal assholes.  If you want to rip on them for it or get them out of "the job", go after one of the bad ones personally.  Don't expect a good cop to take ANY heat for a bad one either.....every man has his pride!!!!  

In the meantime, if you want cops to hassle you, look and act like a loser.  If you don't look like trouble and behave normally, your chances of dealing with a prick cop are exactly 0%.  If you look/act like a loser, your chances go up to 30%.  You increase your odds of running into that real prick cop!

Discussion of JBT's is one thing, but attacking your fellow board members over the actions of someone totally unrelated is just wrong.  It's like someone in California calling me a big asshole because he got stopped by a train for 15 minutes in LA and he lost his job, and I am a railroad engineer in Milwaukee.

[/rant]

EDITED TO ADD: When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I turned in a couple cops for what I felt was unprofessional behavior, including one officer who stopped me the day I got my suspended license reinstated with NO cause (thinking he was gonna get me for driving after rev).  After that, I still got stopped for being a punk with a non compliant car, but the cops were always very polite and professional.  

It's all in your attitude.......  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I second that!!!!thekill hit the nail on the head!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:44:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If New Rome is where I think it is, I've ridden through there tons of times on my bike on the way to Andover. Never been stopped, haven't ever seen a police cruiser.
View Quote

It's NOT where you think it is [BD] It's on the west side of Columbus.

I know the Rome you're thinking about, blink your eyes and you missed it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#41]
As an ex-LEO, I just usually take these cop-bashing threads with a grain of salt.  Sure, we all are disgusted by bad cops.  But most of us understand that they are a very small minority and are constantly being rooted out and dismissed.

Judging all cops by a few bad ones is like condeming all AR15 owners by one or two bad actors that commit crimes with black rifles.  You all see the stupidity of that, but some of you like to pile on the LEOs.

I have a very good friend that is an active LEO.  He is extremely knowledgable about firearms, tactics, the law, and many other subjects.  He is also a great guy.  He would have a lot of good stuff to contribute to our discussions.  But he told me he had just about quit hanging around AR15.com because he was so tired of the constant cop bashing.

What does this type of thing accomplish?  You are only hurting the good cops that are our friends.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What does this type of thing accomplish?  You are only hurting the good cops that are our friends.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly - what does it accomplish?

I'm thinking we're all here because we have a common interest, right?  Why must we argue amongst ourselves - and try to divide our group.  We need to stick together.  The cops here like guns and are cool with you having them.

If anyone's looking for a fight/arguement, it's a lot more fun to screw with the morons at DU (and they like to bash cops, too - hmm, some ar15.com'ers have something in common with DU'ers - that's a little scary).
My .02,
CR
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
As an ex-LEO, I just usually take these cop-bashing threads with a grain of salt.  Sure, we all are disgusted by bad cops.  But most of us understand that they are a very small minority and are constantly being rooted out and dismissed.

Judging all cops by a few bad ones is like condeming all AR15 owners by one or two bad actors that commit crimes with black rifles.  You all see the stupidity of that, but some of you like to pile on the LEOs.

I have a very good friend that is an active LEO.  He is extremely knowledgable about firearms, tactics, the law, and many other subjects.  He is also a great guy.  He would have a lot of good stuff to contribute to our discussions.  But he told me he had just about quit hanging around AR15.com because he was so tired of the constant cop bashing.

View Quote
Tell him to get a real job, and then come back.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:00:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Tell him to get a real job, and then come back.
View Quote

Boy, cyanide.  That's a real knee slapper! [LOLabove]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a very good friend that is an active LEO.
View Quote
Tell him to get a real job...
View Quote

So, your advice is for the good ones to quit, leaving only the ones that you call JBTs in LE?
CR
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:06:47 AM EDT
[#46]
No old painless got it, it is my brand of [b] sarcastic, or maybe caustic humor[/b]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What the hell???
View Quote

Are you familiar with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, particularly the 1st Amendment?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cops suck. They eat all the donuts when we go shooting.
View Quote

Nope, sorry.
Can't stand those coconut covered ones.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:28:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the hell???
View Quote

Are you familiar with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, particularly the 1st Amendment?
View Quote

Nope, whats this you speak of?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops suck. They eat all the donuts when we go shooting.
View Quote

Nope, sorry.
Can't stand those coconut covered ones.
View Quote

The toasted coconut once are the best ....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top