Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2008 4:44:50 PM EDT
burn 800 meg onto a 700 meg disc?  I have an older external Nero  burner.  

Do I need another type of disc?  I don't believe it will burn DVD stuff.

Thanks for the help.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:45:49 PM EDT
simply stated, you cant. you can compress the photos more, or burn 700mb on one disc and the remaining 100 on another.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:49:02 PM EDT
I shot my nephews at their baseball game today (they are awesome players).  Shot them using my old Soligor zoom (manual focus) and my newer Pentax K100D at 6 megapixel.

I guess I could compress a little, if I could figure that part out.  Jeesh.  Stupid hurts.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:05:33 PM EDT
Are you trying to use the disk to play a slideshow?  If not couldn't you put the pics in a zip file then burn that to the disk?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:08:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Milewsky80:
Are you trying to use the disk to play a slideshow?  If not couldn't you put the pics in a zip file then burn that to the disk?

Yeah, like I'd know how to burn them into a zip file.  

I am simply taking the raw jpeg files (6 megapixel) and burn them onto one disc.  I could use two discs, but really want them all on one.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:17:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Milewsky80:

Jpegs are already a compressed format, I don't think you would get much more space savings out of a .zip. However reducing the size/ quality of the jpegs will.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:07:09 AM EDT
Any other suggestions from the sobering up crew?

Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:48:31 AM EDT
Ok, any other folks just sobering up that can help??!!  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:51:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2008 5:54:22 AM EDT by legonas]
just resize the pictures in bulk.... it will cut the space required in half......

edit:

here is what i use to resize all my photos down to a webfriendly size.

www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

edit again:

rename it something like PhotoResizeP50I.exe and it will make all the images 50% smaller in size and rewrite the orginals.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:55:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By legonas:
just resize the pictures in bulk.... it will cut the space required in half......

edit:

edit again:

rename it something like PhotoResizeP50I.exe and it will make all the images 50% smaller in size and rewrite the orginals.

Thanks a lot!!  I'll give it a try!!

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:56:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vmax84:

Originally Posted By legonas:

edit:

edit again:

Thanks a lot!!  I'll give it a try!!

vmax84

by "rewrite" the orginals i mean overwrite. meaning you will lose the orginals if you put the I on the end.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:58:35 AM EDT
Roger that.  

vmax84
Top Top