Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/25/2004 3:09:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:20:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 3:23:37 AM EST by ABNAK]
I'm waiting for some of the "moral high-roaders" to chime in. You know, the ones who feel we're above that sort of thing and it only makes us like them (concerning leveling that "shrine" and it's occupants).

Q: Enrage the Shiite people?

A: Crowd control from a rifle barrel

Q: Thousands screaming in the streets?

A: 30mm chain gun
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:20:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:22:56 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:25:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:

Originally Posted By ABNAK:
I'm waiting for some of the "moral high-roaders" to chime in. You know, the ones who feel we're above that sort of thing and it only makes us like them (concerning leveling that "shrine" and it's occupants).

Q: Enrage the Shiite people?

A: Crowd control from a rifle barrel

I used to be one of them - until I saw the light!

HOOOOAAAAHHHH!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:34:59 AM EST

Under the cover of a dome meant to promote peace, they promote bloodshed.

If he really believes this, he does not understand Islam.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:55:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:00:06 AM EST
It's this exact type of issue, these screwed up priorities based on bad philosophy, which have convinced me to get OUT of the Army Reserve. I ETS in October and will not be reenlisting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:04:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:06:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:

Under the cover of a dome meant to promote peace, they promote bloodshed.

If he really believes this, he does not understand Islam.

I think he meant that the teachings of the Koran promote peace therefor their places of worship would reflect that.

That's exactly it.

The teachings of Islam do not "teach peace". They teach their followers to either cause all non-muslims to convert to Islam or kill them. It is not a "religion of peace".
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:12:00 PM EST
I see now in this article that "a peace deal" has been brokered by "Iraq's top cleric", including the provision that Muqtada al Sadr will walk away a free man.

Exactly how many of our guys have died in the fighting in Najaf????
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:16:26 PM EST
And I thought we didn't "negotiate" with terrorists. WTF?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:13:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By ovrtym:

I'm all for killing Sadr and every last one of his fuckboys. They may all be terrorists at heart, or during Spring Break. However, their present occupation as openly armed men fighting (however amateurishly and sneakily) other armed men is not terrorism. The occupants of the shrine in Najaf are not committing terrorism. Shooting at the Marines is dumb, and should cost the shooter his life, but it isn't terrorism. The guys who blew up the Khobar Towers in Beirut did not commit a terrorist act. The attack on the Cole was not a terrorist attack. "Terrorist" does not mean "America-hating muslim dirtbag" or "armed Arab." It means "one who uses violence against non-military target in order to achieve political ends."

One of the ways that the Constitution will be further perverted, now that the enemies of liberty have gotten about all the mileage they can out of the "war on drugs," will be by the casual reclassification of all sorts of conduct into "terrorism," "terrorism-related conduct," and "inchoate terrorism." There are no doubt people in and out of government who happily refer to people like you and me as "domestic terrorists" or "terrorists in waiting." If the government ever provokes armed resistance, it will call the resistors "terrorists," even if they never shed a drop of civilian blood or damage a nickel's worth of private property. Orwell had a lot to say about the importance of honesty in language. It was sound advice. Language matters, because ideas matter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:25:37 PM EST
Like I said in another thread, Let the TOMAHAWKS FLY.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:36:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:

Originally Posted By ovrtym:

I'm all for killing Sadr and every last one of his fuckboys. They may all be terrorists at heart, or during Spring Break. However, their present occupation as openly armed men fighting (however amateurishly and sneakily) other armed men is not terrorism. The occupants of the shrine in Najaf are not committing terrorism. Shooting at the Marines is dumb, and should cost the shooter his life, but it isn't terrorism. The guys who blew up the Khobar Towers in Beirut did not commit a terrorist act. The attack on the Cole was not a terrorist attack. "Terrorist" does not mean "America-hating muslim dirtbag" or "armed Arab." It means "one who uses violence against non-military target in order to achieve political ends."

One of the ways that the Constitution will be further perverted, now that the enemies of liberty have gotten about all the mileage they can out of the "war on drugs," will be by the casual reclassification of all sorts of conduct into "terrorism," "terrorism-related conduct," and "inchoate terrorism." There are no doubt people in and out of government who happily refer to people like you and me as "domestic terrorists" or "terrorists in waiting." If the government ever provokes armed resistance, it will call the resistors "terrorists," even if they never shed a drop of civilian blood or damage a nickel's worth of private property. Orwell had a lot to say about the importance of honesty in language. It was sound advice. Language matters, because ideas matter.

Very well said.
Top Top