Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/19/2005 2:18:55 PM EDT
If you saw the movie, do you even care that you just gave one of the most liberal ppl. in the entertainment world some of your hard earned money? I mean, any worries about that at all? I'm just curious because I would like to see it, but I've decided not to give Lucas any of my money...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:19:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 2:21:40 PM EDT by MDC85]
no, i dont fucking care. take your god damn tinfoil hat off

i suppose if you never want to give any liberal money just sit at home and watch tom selleck movies all day while cleaning your guns

i apologize for being a little harsh, but this stuff comes up at least 100 times a day here.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:24:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MDC85:

i suppose if you never want to give any liberal money just sit at home and watch tom selleck movies all day while cleaning your guns

i apologize for being a little harsh, but this stuff comes up at least 100 times a day here.

You closet commie!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:25:12 PM EDT

To me it just seems like a gun owner giving Hollywood money is like a hunter donating to Peta. If you are so upset about it, there must be just a little guilt there...just a little maybe??
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:25:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 2:26:29 PM EDT by MDC85]

Originally Posted By VTwin60:

You closet commie!!

i must be a deeply imbedded DU troll for having a different opinion!!

edit: not guilty, just tired of hearing it. i gladly give my money to liberal musicians, film makers, whatever....because they put out a product i happen to like.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:30:33 PM EDT

You closet commie!!

edit: not guilty, just tired of hearing it. i gladly give my money to liberal musicians, film makers, whatever....because they put out a product i happen to like.

Look at another thread if you are tired of hearing about it. Hollywood says turn the channel if you don't like what you see on tv...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 2:31:32 PM EDT by VTwin60]

Originally Posted By squeezecockerp7m8:

You closet commie!! hr

i must be a deeply imbedded DU troll for having a different opinion!! hearing

Look at another thread if you are tired of hearing about it. Hollywood says turn the channel if you don't like what you see on tv...

Hey man you asked for opinions and you got one, so whats the beef?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:34:44 PM EDT
I'm sure many other people will agree with you and my opinion will be the minority if that helps you sleep at night.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:36:18 PM EDT

You closet commie!!

Hey man you asked for opinions and you got one, so whats the beef?

He rips me (god damned tinfoil hat) and then says he is tired of hearing about it after I ask a honest question. He then goes on to assume I like Tom Selleck movies, which I don't. If I was to rip on him, I would say he jacks off to a Rosie O'donnel poster every night, but I'm trying to keep it civil so I won't do that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:38:59 PM EDT
come on man we're all on the same side here. MDC85 has been under the waves for the past 278 days without breathing fresh air or seeing sun light.........besides I like Tom Sellick.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:39:03 PM EDT

I'm sure many other people will agree with you and my opinion will be the minority if that helps you sleep at night.

You don't need to agree with me, and I sure as heck don't need to be in the majority to sleep at night. I'm just curious as to whether ppl. can enjoy Hollywood stuff guilt free...

Honestly I have enjoyed shit from Hollywood in the past, and have had guilt about supporting them. Honestly it has gotten to the point that I really have trouble supporting anything that I know comes from such a devout Leftist...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:39:42 PM EDT
I didn't buy my ticket. It came from a neighbor who couldn't go himself and gave the ticket to me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:40:19 PM EDT

come on man we're all on the same side here. MDC85 has been under the waves for the past 278 days without breathing fresh air or seeing sun light.........besides I like Tom Sellick.

My huge concern here is how much of that George Lucas money will be going to Hitlery in 2008. That is all...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:41:14 PM EDT

My huge concern here is how much of that George Lucas money will be going to Hitlery in 2008. That is all...

well then just remeber to double that amount spent on a movie ticket backing the good guys like I do.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:43:01 PM EDT

for the record, I'm on leave
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:49:40 PM EDT

$2000

I am a born an bred member of the ultra right wing conspiracy to take over the world, and I will be seeing ROTS sometime next week.

If you are looking for a way to never contribute any money to a liberal you might as well go Amish because that's what it will take.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:58:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mauser101:

$2000

I am a born an bred member of the ultra right wing conspiracy to take over the world, and I will be seeing ROTS sometime next week.

If you are looking for a way to never contribute any money to a liberal you might as well go Amish because that's what it will take.

Hey, you still live in Kalifornia, what do you know?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:58:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 2:59:32 PM EDT by Gator]

+1

Boycott movies by liberals, what the hell does that leave?

However I can't think of a compelling reason to watch a movie with Tim Robbins.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:01:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:02:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gator:

I'm not that fond of sitting on my ass for two and half hours doing nothing anyways. It makes it easy for me to boycott Hollywood.

Marx was wrong, God is not the opium of the masses, the entertainment industry is the opium of the masses...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 3:05:14 PM EDT by Merrell]

Originally Posted By Gator:

+1

Ones that have dialogue comprised of more than endless variations of the F-bomb?

Ones that have an actual plot, and do not rely on Special FX to hols the attention of a Ritalin-addled audience?

Ones that entice he audience to actually think, rather than sit back and be passively "entertained"?

(an evening perusing TCM pretty much crushes Hollywood's recent offerings)
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:04:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By brouhaha:

If you saw the movie, do you even care that you just gave one of the most liberal ppl. in the entertainment world some of your hard earned money? I mean, any worries about that at all? I'm just curious because I would like to see it, but I've decided not to give Lucas any of my money...

If I was really worried about it, then I would sell my home and 95% of the items therein and live in a shack somewhere in the woods.

So, liberals built your house and 95% of the items in it?? What does a shack have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:07:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Merrell:

(an evening perusing TCM pretty much crushes Hollywood's recent offerings)

This is the truth. I'm far from a fan of Ted Turner, but at least that channel shows movies with some substance...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:12:18 PM EDT

If I was really worried about it, then I would sell my home and 95% of the items therein and live in a shack somewhere in the woods.

So, liberals built your house and 95% of the items in it?? What does a shack have to do with anything?

Union members probably pounded the nails and did the wiring on the house.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:13:56 PM EDT

Marx was wrong, God is not the opium of the masses, the entertainment industry is the opium of the masses...

actually my man, I'll have to politely correct you as its Opiate, not opium.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:15:34 PM EDT

Sorry, I'm not an expert on illegal drugs...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:18:20 PM EDT

if you're going to quote the communist manifesto (as you should know your enemy) then at least get the statement correct. Opiate is not an illegal drug. You're one of the good guys so I'll leave it up to you to discern the meaning of it once you find the definition.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:18:25 PM EDT

Or especially historically pertinent quotes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:20:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 3:21:37 PM EDT by brouhaha]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:23:13 PM EDT

And cheap mexican labor that votes democrat put it all together.

Most of the items I've bought are either built by SOME liberals or the company supports democrats...one or the other.

Good luck finding anything in the store that doesn't support a liberal in one way or another.

The shack, at least, will be built by me from leftover parts I find in the dump. My food will be killed by me using a pointy stick or a heavy rock. I would sharpen the stick, but the knife I'd have to use could have been made using union labor.

Ah, but before the leftover parts were at the dump were they produced by members of the United Steel Workers?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:26:09 PM EDT
At bottom this is a hero myth, nothing more and nothing less (Lucas started this long before Bush or Frist . Spin-meisters will happily be in collusion with anything this popular to sell their version of reality. Weird and ironic.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:26:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:47:01 PM EDT

Or especially historically pertinent quotes.

Sorry guys, I'm part of the generation raised by Hollywood and Star Wars films. All I know is that talk like "if you aren't with me you are against me" leads to a dark sith taking over...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:21:22 PM EDT
Why worry about a movie ticket?

Think about all the products you buy over the course of a year. Do you know who owns those companies, or what their agendas are? What about all the stores you go into, do you know who ownes them and who they give thier money to?

It's too much to try and figure out. If you like Star Wars go see the damn movie.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:26:29 PM EDT

\

Or, it appears, anything.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:28:05 PM EDT
just bought 2 tickets to episode 3 and i havent confessed my sins to the lord and savior george w bush
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:29:22 PM EDT

just bought 2 tickets to episode 3 and i havent confessed my sins to the lord and savior george w bush

You're definitely going to hell for that one.

I wonder how the Tom Selleck Movie Marathon is going...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:29:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 4:30:10 PM EDT by ScaryGuy]
If you boycott everything in this world with which you don't agree, then how in the fuck do you get internet access, seeing as you never eat, and live naked under a tree with no interaction with the outside world?

SG
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:36:57 PM EDT

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:47:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ScaryGuy:
If you boycott everything in this world with which you don't agree, then how in the fuck do you get internet access, seeing as you never eat, and live naked under a tree with no interaction with the outside world?

SG

Wow, we should never boycott anything then! I bet you would have bought Nazi soap back in 1944 with logic like that...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:49:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ElCamino:

\

Or, it appears, anything.

Thanks for the contribution!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:50:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Power:
Why worry about a movie ticket?

Think about all the products you buy over the course of a year. Do you know who owns those companies, or what their agendas are? What about all the stores you go into, do you know who ownes them and who they give thier money to?

It's too much to try and figure out. If you like Star Wars go see the damn movie.

You're right! Why worry about anything? Its too hard to figure all this shit out. Just go and support anyone with your dollars, it doesn't matter!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:52:12 PM EDT

Hey, rip on your Commander and Chief all you want. Just be glad thanks to ppl. like me your aren't serving under John Fucking Skerry. Hope you get out before Hitlery takes over in 2008...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:53:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ElCamino:

You're definitely going to hell for that one.

I wonder how the Tom Selleck Movie Marathon is going...

No Tom Selleck marathon, I was too busy watching the Pistons game. Thanks for the interest...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:58:54 PM EDT

It has nothing to do with illegal drugs. If you have any sense of history or education you know it was qouted incorrectly. And it wasnt God, it was religion.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 9:01:29 PM EDT by 556A2]

Wow, we should never boycott anything then! I bet you would have bought Nazi soap back in 1944 with logic like that...

Ahhh the signs of a arguement that was lost. The dreaded "Nazi Defense".

Nazi Defense - When in a heated arguement, use a completely off topic comment that will liken your opponet to the Nazi party. While it may seem effective, it is stupid as hell.

I look at it like this. I don't care about Lucas and his politics. I like the Star Wars films very much, and I'm not going to stop watching them because he is a Democrat. He may get some of my money, but he is not influencing me to vote. Also, LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS! Its just a movie for God's sake.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:08:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 556A2:

Nazi Defense - When in a heated arguement, use a completely off topic comment that will liken your opponet to the Nazi party. While it may seem effective, it is stupid as hell.

I look at it like this. I don't care about Lucas and his politics. I like the Star Wars films very much, and I'm not going to stop watching them because he is a Democrat. He may get some of my money, but he is not influencing me to vote. Also, LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS! Its just a movie for God's sake.

I thought the Nazi example was extremely relevant to a discussion of Star Wars...or haven't you noticed the dress of the Empire? Nevermind, its only a movie!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:10:48 PM EDT

I thought the Nazi example was extremely relevant to a discussion of Star Wars...or haven't you noticed the dress of the Empire? Nevermind, its only a movie!

I fail to see what buying Nazi soap in 1944 has to do with Star Wars.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:12:39 PM EDT

Would you prefer I said Swiss Banks that took Nazi gold?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:16:50 PM EDT

Would you prefer I said Swiss Banks that took Nazi gold?

Look up Godwin's Law.

If you're the first to bring Nazi's into a discussion you lose by default.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:23:58 PM EDT
I'm going Saturday. And I will be paying for two tickets with my own money. I don't care if the money ends up in the hands of a liberal, because most people I know are liberal. The things I buy in stores contribute to either a liberal or communist in some way. It really doesn't bother me because there's no other way around it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top