Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 2:13:43 PM EST
My CWP came in the mail today! I happened to be working from home today and walked out the meet the mailman. He smiled when he handed me the mail with the letter from SLED on top. Driving off, he said, "Congrats... be careful."

So, I pulled out my IWB holster that I had been practicing with around the farm and headed to town to run some errands this afternoon. First stop was the fun store where I showed the owner my permit and thanked him for the discount he had worked out for me on the 9mm Shield I was carrying.

Next was the ubiquitous trip to Wal-mart... I was surprised how heavy the gun felt at first and could not imaging having a double stack. However, it did not take long for it to feel normal. Ran a friend of mine who is a deputy, and he made me right away. I was a little surprised until he pointed to a guy across the isle. Sure enough, the dude had a small bulge on his right back hip. I have always been vigilant and conscious of my surroundings... I will need to be more so now.

I read a lot of threads before getting my permit. Thanks to all who have provided information and advice in the handgun and CC forums.

TL;DR - '13r gets his CWP and goes to Wal-mart without blading.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:27:22 PM EST
Pic of CWP rig...

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:33:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:33:52 PM EST
Congrats, have a similar holster for my .40 Shield
Top Top