Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:37:38 PM EST
This accompanied the celebration of my recent 34th birthday with the family:

And my carry rig to make it official:

Newbie likes steak and guns. Flame on, GD
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:41:01 PM EST
Looks good.. I would eat it!

No napkin, no reloads, no rifle, no beverage and no knife...

I'll still give you a 7/10
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:45:37 PM EST
7/10

No rifle, no knife, no whiskey, no reloads.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:45:54 PM EST
That is not a dinner pic noob
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:49:06 PM EST
I think it's a subclause that if you serve steak, you have to cut it open so we can determine whether the meat is properly rare/medium rare or if you are a heathen who doesn't deserve to eat steak.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:48:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By edb66:
I think it's a subclause that if you serve steak, you have to cut it open so we can determine whether the meat is properly rare/medium rare or if you are a heathen who doesn't deserve to eat steak.

Well, I suppose I'll just have to make another one, then. FWIW I pulled them at 130º aiming for med rare. They were excellent. I let another pair coast up to 136º for the missus––she likes 'em shy of medium.

So I've lurked a bit and found there are two camps regarding dinner pics. One says plate of food + gun = good; the other maintains a laundry list of crap that has nothing to do with dinner, makes the picture look like ass, contains items I have no use for (like napkins and beverage alcohol), and wouldn't fit on my table anyway with the wife and kids seated and ready to eat. I wasn't about to put my carry gun on the table next to my five year old while I composed and shot a picture, hence the two parts. Plus the steak was ready
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:49:23 AM EST
Is that a paper plate?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:50:15 AM EST
I'd eat it for sure.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:51:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By dryroasted:

How is it this hard to do a proper dinner pic? Dinner pics used to be awesome, now I'm in for the disappointment every f'ing time. Dinner looks good but that's not an Arfcom dinner pic.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:52:31 AM EST
Looks good, but for future reference, as stated above, steaks require a cross-section shot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:54:34 AM EST
Solid 6/10, food looks good.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:19:06 AM EST
Looks good to me!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:21:26 AM EST
Not grilled, two carbs/no greens, no guns with the meal, no drink of any kind, no silverware.

Choke yourself.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:26:36 AM EST
What a waste of 100. Get rid of the george foreman grill.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:31:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By DrFeelgood:
Originally Posted By edb66:

Well, I suppose I'll just have to make another one, then. FWIW I pulled them at 130º aiming for med rare. They were excellent. I let another pair coast up to 136º for the missus––she likes 'em shy of medium.

So I've lurked a bit and found there are two camps regarding dinner pics. One says plate of food + gun = good; the other maintains a laundry list of crap that has nothing to do with dinner, makes the picture look like ass, contains items I have no use for (like napkins and beverage alcohol), and wouldn't fit on my table anyway with the wife and kids seated and ready to eat. I wasn't about to put my carry gun on the table next to my five year old while I composed and shot a picture, hence the two parts. Plus the steak was ready

well you failed under either definition
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:49:16 AM EST
looks good, I would eat it. Why the paper plate? DO you just eat of paper plates on your Birthday? PRetty fancy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:57:12 AM EST
Well, now I know not to post my dinner here.

Looks good, OP. I'd happily eat it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:08:49 AM EST
looks good
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:28:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By DownTheBarrel:
Originally Posted By dryroasted:

How is it this hard to do a proper dinner pic? Dinner pics used to be awesome, now I'm in for the disappointment every f'ing time. Dinner looks good but that's not an Arfcom dinner pic.

You forgot, "happy birthday, OP".
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:14:37 PM EST
Thanks to the raters, and for the birthday wishes. Y'all gave me something to shoot for next time. Maybe I'll even have my rifle build complete by then.

To address a few complaints:

It's not a paper plate, these are my cheap ceramic dinnerware from Target. When the kids stop destroying them, I'll buy something nicer.

Yes, it's not grilled. I wanted to try something different. They were seared in Wagner cast iron and then bathed in butter (we dipped the rest of the bread in the pan leavings––). Last week wasn't precisely grilling weather here. I have no sold-on-TV kitchen gadgets. We make everything from whole food and use quality equipment my grandmother would recognize.

Yes, I served no greens (unless you count the scallions). It's my birthday. The tater has bacon in it, too.

Yes, there is no beverage. I don't drink when I eat, and I don't drink alcohol at all.

Silverware is out of the frame. This shot was meant to feature the food.

Gun was on my hip, where it belongs. I got a set of wood grips for the CZ as a birthday gift. See how nicely she wears them.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:18:49 PM EST
Not bad on the eats.

Not quite a dinner pic, though...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:22:16 PM EST
Pics of wife didn't load.

You know the rules.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:27:04 PM EST
Two parts?

That's a little fishy.
Top Top