Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:38:54 AM EDT
Picture of a guy holding a bloody head by it's hair and the caption is, "My ex girlfriend".

Should the cops investigate?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#1]
LMAO

ETA. Only if he isn`t mulsim, we wouldn`t want to infringe upon his duty or anything.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife just sorta put it in perspective.  She asked me why we were all upset, and I gave her the usual blah blah blah.  To which she replied that while it certainly is *WRONG* that the weapon was illegally illegal, the fact is, that it was, and he was a fool for posting that.  She's right.

It is wrong, and in my belief illegal, CA's gun laws.  But, there they are.  Why the surprise?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't see how it's illegal. that kind of shit infuriates me. how many of us on this forum post pics of our weapons with skulls and shit next to them or on them? If I recall there were quite a few of them in the ar-15 forum....... oh gee whiz, maybe i should call the police and tell them that those pictures are threats to me? after all the skull can be a symbol of death...... my my my the owner must want to go out and kill people for fun........

this kaufman guy needs to get his ass handed to him in a gold plated handbag... he's an idiot for pulling such a stunt..... on top of that where's the fucking pull anyhow? he's a damn teacher, not LEO, since when does anyone listen to his dumb ass?

Thank god I'm not a kid anymore.. if I were still in school I'd probably have been sentenced to life in prison for all the radical literature and photos I used to have.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't see how it's illegal. that kind of shit infuriates me. how many of us on this forum post pics of our weapons with skulls and shit next to them or on them? If I recall there were quite a few of them in the ar-15 forum....... oh gee whiz, maybe i should call the police and tell them that those pictures are threats to me? after all the skull can be a symbol of death...... my my my the owner must want to go out and kill people for fun........

this kaufman guy needs to get his ass handed to him in a gold plated handbag... he's an idiot for pulling such a stunt..... on top of that where's the fucking pull anyhow? he's a damn teacher, not LEO, since when does anyone listen to his dumb ass?

Thank god I'm not a kid anymore.. if I were still in school I'd probably have been sentenced to life in prison for all the radical literature and photos I used to have.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:11:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have a link to a story?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Picture of a guy holding a bloody head by it's hair and the caption is, "My ex girlfriend".

Given the ability to photoshop today, probably not.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My wife just sorta put it in perspective.  She asked me why we were all upset, and I gave her the usual blah blah blah.  To which she replied that while it certainly is *WRONG* that the weapon was illegally illegal, the fact is, that it was, and he was a fool for posting that.  She's right.

It is wrong, and in my belief illegal, CA's gun laws.  But, there they are.  Why the surprise?

That's the way I see it. Don't do something you know is illegal and post it. Pretty simple to me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20060222-2305-myspace-guns.html

google

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Naw, give em a medal.

All kidding aside.... sure, have the cops investigate. Even if its fake, he needs to be scared shitless.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#11]
www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3537224

Hill was suspended from Evergreen High School on Feb. 10 when photographs and comments posted on his personal profile on MySpace.com circulated throughout the school community, said Jefferson County school district spokesman Rick Kaufman.

Hill is the second student to face scrutiny recently for content published on MySpace.com.

Bryan Lopez, 16, was suspended from Littleton High School for comments posted about the school Feb. 19 on the website.

His suspension was cut short because the American Civil Liberties Union threatened a lawsuit over First Amendment rights and reached an agreement with the district to allow him to return to classes.  

Mecca has frozen over for sure now.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:20:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Murder is an actual crime.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#13]
What is it with these kids in Colorado?  Is it the water out there?

sheesh.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

There are laws that are unjust and unconstitutional.  Is there a point where you would advocate civil disobedience?

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#15]

You're comparing apples and oranges.  A gun may be legal and it might not even be a real gun in the picture, but a picture showing what looks like a murder shows something that any reasonable person would believe should be looked into.  It's just like pictures of speedometers.  On a couple of forums I read, some members have called local police departments about certain pictures posted.  The problem with that is that unless you can tell from the picture that the person is on a public road, the fact that the speedometer is pointing to a very high speed is not evidence by itself that a law is being broken.  The picture could have been taken on a race track or could have been taken just after certain cars are started (like the Corvette that sends the speedometer needle up to 200 (or 300 if you have the metric speedometer) when you first turn the key).z
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I would say they should try and assertain if someone was killed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Here is my take.  Children under 18 have limited rights.  They are excersized at the will and discretion of their parents.  If Colorado, as I've now learned prohibits having handguns by persons under 18 except at the discretion and under supervision of their parents, then whether or not he broke any law inside his own home, is solely under the discretion of his parents.  The furthest this should have gone would be an inquiry to the parents.

Did he even have handguns?  The picture from the other thread showed only long guns.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Someone on here has as their avatar an infant lying next to an AR-15.  I think it's a cute picture, and supervision is implied.

Nothing you post as commentary on the internet should be used to arrest you, ever. This is our version of the free press.

The only line I don't believe should be crossed is direct opsec violations.

If the kid in the example with the girlfriend picture stands accused of cutting off her head and displaying it, then his myspace page would make great evidence.  However, as it stands it's evidence of a crime no one has comitted.  Bad taste certainly, but not criminal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Some people are just paranoid and should not be allowed to surf the webb, let alone report things that they see on it.  I am told that is why there are concealed carry laws.  The paranoid people will report you for threatening them when you are just standing there.  Now on the other hand, I was in a restaurant yesterday and some guy was on the cell phone talking about killing someone with his bare hands.  I should have reported him, but it would have been his word against mine unless they got the guy on the other end of the line involved.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#21]

There are laws that are unjust and unconstitutional. Is there a point where you would advocate civil disobedience?

Yes, there certainly is.  For the record, I violated many, many aspects of the AWB for several years, and did so quite openly to those who I shot with.  Magazines stamped with numbers that made them a felony, collapsible stocks, threaded barrel on the AR, and more that I frankly forget.  BUT, I did NOT post that I was doing so on this forum, nor would I have anywhere else.  That would not be civil disobedience, that is stupidity.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:42:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Somebody is going to get sued and somebody is going to get their college paid for.

Come to think of it, my son has a MySpace site and has a picture of him holding my AR.  Maybe I can get his college paid for too.  Do I need him to hold a couple of pistols also?  How about if I throw in a machine gun?  Should I forward a link to the DA?  Hmmm...I gotta think this one out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top