Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/26/2005 7:46:17 PM EDT
not sure how many people have seen this but here it is the new Styr AUG. and for the record the Law Enforcement Dealer for the sate of Texas will be Prodefense Police Equipment in Webster Texas
http://www.hunt101.com/img/328379.jpg
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
looks nice but I like the look of the old one better...

Any new word on DSA making AUGs (old ones) domestically?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Too much BS to import that firearm for any agency to consider it for use.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I posted this when that pic first came out, I like it but you'll probably get dismall opinions
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Older one looked better.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
i think it will be a pretty big hit they are making them in .308 too
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it, it looks like it's better balanced too (not that I've even held an AUG so my opinion doesn't really matter).
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Bullpoop. Hate 'em.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
not sure how many people have seen this but here it is the new Styr AUG. and for the record the Law Enforcement Dealer for the sate of Texas will be Prodefense Police Equipment in Webster Texaswww.hunt101.com/img/328379.jpg</a>

eta: archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=295516

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#10]
We shall see how BATFs barrel ban wil effect the AUG, it killed the release of the HK416.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:08:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Why would you take something as lightweight and portable as a 16" AUG and load it down with crap?

Looks like they nullified the QC barrel as well.

Give me a nice 16" A2 over that anytime.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
looks nice but I like the look of the old one better...

Any new word on DSA making AUGs (old ones) domestically?

From what I've heard it's a dead issue.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
not sure how many people have seen this but here it is the new Styr AUG. and for the record the Law Enforcement Dealer for the sate of Texas will be Prodefense Police Equipment in Webster Texaswww.hunt101.com/img/328379.jpg</a>

well whats in the link..?.   not a member so i cant see..
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well whats in the link..?.   not a member so i cant see..

A poor review of a members experience with the company you mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I think it looks cool, but then again I like the FN F2000 too. It is fucking ridiculous how the ATF has banned the importation of barrels and other parts because of their "interpretation" which isn't covered under any law anywhere. This shit has to stop.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#16]
pro defense are a bunch of cowardly assholes, they made fun of a cops and rip people off. SC knows the owner and has a diff opinion, but I've been in there store, talked to their guys and they are morons, trashy morons. Oh and thieves.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bullpoop. Hate 'em.

I have to agree...Something about Bulpup's, no matter how sexy you try and make it, I just cant get into them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bullpoop. Hate 'em.

I have to agree...Something about Bulpup's, no matter how sexy you try and make it, I just cant get into them.

Something about them I just love...

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#19]
love the look and workablity of it, the chamber on my cheeck scares the crap out of me
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
love the look and workablity of it, the chamber on my cheeck scares the crap out of me

Don't worry Austria only makes one exploding gun design...

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
not sure how many people have seen this but here it is the new Styr AUG. and for the record the Law Enforcement Dealer for the sate of Texas will be Prodefense Police Equipment in Webster Texas
www.hunt101.com/img/328379.jpg

So what?

Does this mean peon civies can get one?

No?

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/328379.jpg</a>

So what?

Does this mean peon civies can get one?

No?

As they are made in Austria they are verbotten by the Import Ban of 89.

Agency only.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
pro defense are a bunch of cowardly assholes, they made fun of a cops and rip people off. SC knows the owner and has a diff opinion, but I've been in there store, talked to their guys and they are morons, trashy morons. Oh and thieves.

how long has it been sence you have been there?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I like the top rail, it would open up alot more options for optics. Shoulda stuck with the stock folding forward grip and maybe added the option to install side rails though. Like Steyr said, that just adds weight and gives you nothing but the ability to add more weight..
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Too bad it's still a bullpup
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1 I used to go in there when I was visiting the area.  They're dipshits, and overpriced to boot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
We shall see how BATFs barrel ban wil effect the AUG, it killed the release of the HK416.

IIRC I dont think that the ATF had ANYTHING to do with it, HK Defense said they would NEVER sell to us peons in the US, barrel ban not withstanding

As the upper is NOT a rifle nor is it a "parts kit" I dont see how the ATF would have ANYTHING to do with the importation of uppers, I think HK is jut being there typical selves.

Nice AUG BTW to bad its LEO only.  Any news on the Civilian AUG's rumored to be manufactured here and released SOMETIME
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Has too much bling
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I used to go in there when I was visiting the area.  They're dipshits, and overpriced to boot.

try the store now alot of stuff has changed including pricing and staff.....the staff was the big prob
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Bullpoop. Hate 'em.

Glad somebody agrees with me.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Where can I get me some o' that?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#32]
One of the finest small arms ever made, period.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Bullpooby. Hate 'em.

fixed it
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I like the top rail, it would open up alot more options for optics. Shoulda stuck with the stock folding forward grip and maybe added the option to install side rails though. Like Steyr said, that just adds weight and gives you nothing but the ability to add more weight..

They make a lightweight 4 sides rail block that attaches to the barrel.

All that is really needed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Yeah, i know...it sucks that you get the ballistic performance of a 20" barrel in a package that is 4" shorter than an M4 with a 14.5" barrel.  Mag change speeds and shooting from right side cover can be over-come with training.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#36]
The old one is fugly.  That new one isn't too bad lookin.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bullpoop. Hate 'em.

Something about them I just love...

groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RAAoA1QTNYMlXeztjEADVtmCu5Axb4aXmtlFD!gUvFHAY8seuzP0KSKtzkM9nqYf7RfG2i*Zu!h0XSKwgnJRJF*o9Ct6O6s6L!6H3JP7Iv8/aug002.JPG

You just like the idea of getting loaded in the rear.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, i know...it sucks that you get the ballistic performance of a 20" barrel in a package that is 4" shorter than an M4 with a 14.5" barrel.  Mag change speeds and shooting from right side cover can be over-come with training.

The ballistic performance in assault rifle range is not enough to make a difference one way or the other. I and the Brits I've talked to find the awkward bullpup ergonomics make it hard to shoot out past 300 meters effectively so the net gain of the barrel is zero for most shooters who learned on a regular system. It also makes prone firing a genuine PITA. And then you have to subtract valuable time away from target practice to work on a decent mag swap and relearning various fire from cover scenarios. No thanks, I'll let Alexander Godunov have mine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ballistic performance in assault rifle range is not enough to make a difference one way or the other. I and the Brits I've talked to find the awkward bullpup ergonomics make it hard to shoot out past 300 meters effectively so the net gain of the barrel is zero for most shooters who learned on a regular system. It also makes prone firing a genuine PITA. And then you have to subtract valuable time away from target practice to work on a decent mag swap and relearning various fire from cover scenarios. No thanks, I'll let Alexander Godunov have mine. hr

Both valid arguments...I’m thinking this boils down to what you are used to....me I’m used to an AR. but I’m always up for learning some thing new...i.e. how to be as fast and actuate with the AUG as I am with my AR
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Why would you take something as lightweight and portable as a 16" AUG and load it down with crap?

Great point! The same thing can be said about pretty much every AR since the SP1 and the SP1 CAR15 as well...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bullpoop. Hate 'em.

What could be more "sexy" than French chics holding their bugles?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ballistic performance in assault rifle range is not enough to make a difference one way or the other. I and the Brits I've talked to find the awkward bullpup ergonomics make it hard to shoot out past 300 meters effectively so the net gain of the barrel is zero for most shooters who learned on a regular system. It also makes prone firing a genuine PITA. And then you have to subtract valuable time away from target practice to work on a decent mag swap and relearning various fire from cover scenarios. No thanks, I'll let Alexander Godunov have mine.

I was thinking about the low velocity of the 5.56 out of a 14.5" barrel that keeps it from fragmenting past about 65m.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bringing the British bullpup into a discussion of bullpups is a low blow. That's kind of like talking about Hipoints when discussing 9mm carbines...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bullpoop. Hate 'em.

What could be more "sexy" than French chics holding their bugles? href=img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/squeezecockerp7m8/9036c1ad.jpg

German chics..........sorry dude but German chics own French chics
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Tagged for a number of reasons...

1) unpaid dealer advertising in GD?
2) Inevitable 'old one was better' hijack
3) Inevitable 'LEO only sucks' hijack

amongst others.....

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

In all seriousness it takes about 60 seconds to learn how to do a mag change correctly. They can be done as fast as an AR15 and much faster than any rock in mag like an AK or FAL.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ballistic performance in assault rifle range is not enough to make a difference one way or the other. I and the Brits I've talked to find the awkward bullpup ergonomics make it hard to shoot out past 300 meters effectively so the net gain of the barrel is zero for most shooters who learned on a regular system. It also makes prone firing a genuine PITA. And then you have to subtract valuable time away from target practice to work on a decent mag swap and relearning various fire from cover scenarios. No thanks, I'll let Alexander Godunov have mine. hr

In all seriousness it takes about 60 seconds to learn how to do a mag change correctly. They can be done as fast as an AR15 and much faster than any rock in mag like an AK or FAL.

I still cant get that rock in mag thing down
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

amongst others.....

I guess if this is ok now I'd like to mention I'm selling Glocks at $10 above cost over at Sturmgewehr.com.

There that should get this trashed like the other one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

amongst others.....

I guess if this is ok now I'd like to mention I'm selling Glocks at $10 above cost over at Sturmgewehr.com.

There that should get this trashed like the other one.

$10 !!!!!

Can you send it to me without going through an FFL?
THAT should do it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC I dont think that the ATF had ANYTHING to do with it, HK Defense said they would NEVER sell to us peons in the US, barrel ban not withstanding

As the upper is NOT a rifle nor is it a "parts kit" I dont see how the ATF would have ANYTHING to do with the importation of uppers, I think HK is jut being there typical selves.

Nice AUG BTW to bad its LEO only.  Any news on the Civilian AUG's rumored to be manufactured here and released SOMETIME

HK Defense doesn't sell to civvies... But, HK Intl does and they were going to start selling HK416's to the public and LEO. The barrel ban killed it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top