Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/21/2004 4:15:16 PM EST
Okay, discussion seems to be breaking down here at a rapid rate. Insults flying left and right. People claiming it's not fair they can't say "kill every last one of those stinking (insert group here)'s.

When I finally figured out where GD was, I happened upon a civil place merely with frequent gay jokes and with doll skits. BOTD's, and the occasional remark about the penis in the logo. Slowly, it deteriorated. Oh, how it's deteriorated.

Goatboy owns this place, more or less. If he wanted, we could all be banned. That's his prerogative. If he doesn't want to allow generalized muslim-bashing, that's his prerogative. If he didn't want people to insult the french, that would be his prerogative, too. If you want to break his rules in a blatant manner, there are millions of other websites around.

We are almost all mature people here. We all know flame wars serve no purpose except to make people already pissed at each other even more so. So why do it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:18:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 4:18:53 PM EST by ar50troll]
It's kind of sad. Being a gun site it attracts the testosterone crowd for certain. I catch all kinds of hell for being a troll due to my name, which was given to me by a now vanquished mod.

Anyways. You are right, we are supposed to be brothers in arms, but most guys here hide behind what they percieve as the anonymity of the internet to flame. Like I said in the other threads, hiding post counts and account activation dates would help greatly in levelling the playing field and deflating some cyber egos around here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:19:34 PM EST
You've only been her 3 months you darn newbie!!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:22:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
You've only been her 3 months you darn newbie!!

SGtar15

Even I know not to fuck with SgtAR.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:23:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By ar50troll:

Anyways. You are right, we are supposed to be brothers in arms,

And we are. And if I can't talk, argue and fight with my own brothers then whom should I spend time with?

Like I said in the other threads, hiding post counts and account activation dates

We tried it, people hated it. There are good reasons for having post counts and dates, especially for the EE.

would help greatly in levelling the playing field and deflating some cyber egos around here.

Level playing field? You a commie?

As for the ego thing...I was as much an ass in my first post as I was in my 18,oooth.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:25:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

Originally Posted By ar50troll:

Anyways. You are right, we are supposed to be brothers in arms,

And we are. And if I can't talk, argue and fight with my own brothers then whom should I spend time with?

Like I said in the other threads, hiding post counts and account activation dates

We tried it, people hated it. There are good reasons for having post counts and dates, especially for the EE.

would help greatly in levelling the playing field and deflating some cyber egos around here.

Level playing field? You a commie?

As for the ego thing...I was as much an ass in my first post as I was in my 18,oooth.

Sgtar15

me no fuckie with SGT. But me no commie either! I agree with the EE thing and post counts but in here it's a big source of angst...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:26:24 PM EST
Give it some time, you'll understand the anger.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:27:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By SPECTRE:
Give it some time, you'll understand the anger.

Some time, I have been here since day one. This is not my first account by any means...and it's 2001
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:29:17 PM EST
Yea, I can agree with that sgtar15. haveing read many of his posts.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:32:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:
When I finally figured out where GD was, I happened upon a civil place merely with frequent gay jokes and with doll skits. BOTD's, and the occasional remark about the penis in the logo. Slowly, it deteriorated. Oh, how it's deteriorated.

You also entered during an unusual time, that is, the time when at least 95% of GD posters agree that Bush must win. While an interesting read, GD has been boring lately because of this homogeny. Most of the targeting done lately has been against Kerry. Issues and debatable topics have been kind of sparse. I can't wait until the election is over so the oh so sweet infighting can begin once more.
Top Top